Guild Wars 1 Miniatures

Natta.8905

I know the feeling, but don't you think the poor souls that had to suffer through GW1 deserve to have some neat loot for their trouble? I mean, you do know you can't even jump in GW1, right? Think of them sort of like pre-order bonuses; wouldn't make much sense to let people get them after the fact - much less for free.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I also want the raccoon mini. But i don’t want to spend too much time in an old game what I probably don’t like (it’s hard for me to play a game with out dated graphics) i once bought assassins creed brotherhood in a sale for less money. But never played it because of the graphics. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

The game is still a very good game.  You want those minis, you play that game. 

For the rest of us, we had to change games and give up everything we earned over years of play to get something exclusive. It won't take you nearly as long as it took is to get stuff.

The point is, Anet announced an expansion (Utopia) and the decided to cancel it in favor of Guild Wars 2.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

There is no one who said you have to move to guildwars 2. And you can keep all stuff in guildwars 1. You left everything from guildwars 1 for a mini in guildwars 2. As you said it is still a very good game, you don’t have to play guildwars 2. It’s a choice.  

I moved from another mmo to guildwars 2. I just choose the way that is best for me. But I already gave up when I still played that game back then. 

And sad that they canceled an expansion for your game. 

• Confused 2

Back when they told us that guild wars was no longer going to be expanded upon because they were making a new game they said that the Hall of Monuments rewards was their gift to Guild Wars players for supporting them for so many years. 

This request is comparable to ANet making Guild Wars 3 and giving GW2 players gifts as compensation and thanks for leaving all their accomplishments and purchases behind when they transferred to GW3, and players who never played GW2 asking for these gifts because they wanted them too but didn’t want to play GW2 to earn them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the clear answer. This makes more sense. They did it very good with the raccoon because it’s an awesome minion. Even if I don’t know the hall of monument rewards, the mini is some small reward in my opinion. If I think about it if they say we no longer make new things for guildwars 2 and we spend our time on guildwars 3, it would hurt me, because so much time spend on guildwars 2 and so many build up. With that feeling ppl from guildwars 1 should have a legendary worth skin (I mean not a simple skin) or some unique infusion. 

On 9/26/2021 at 4:13 AM, Natta.8905 said:

Hi, I wish that the miniatures that one get from EoN that has Guild Wars 1, I wish that those who have the Guild Wars 2 also could get those miniatures without having to buy the Guild Wars 1.

Sorry but no. Play Guild Wars 1 if you want any rewards from it. 🙂 The "Hall of Monuments" rewards are given to those of us who enjoyed GW1 and all its expansions.

Think of it as your GW2 title "Long-Term Commitment". If you still insist, I for one bought Collector's Edition of GW1 and its expansions, plus the Pre-Purchase/Pre-Order for each. I don't want exclusive rewards for CEs be given to those who did not buy it. In the same way I do not want HoM rewards be given to those who didn't earn it by playing GW1.

Heck, if you think HoM rewards are accessible for all GW1 players, no. You have to work for each tier.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

You can get the GW complete collection fairly cheap on sales, and play through the entire thing solo.

You don't even need to complete the entire HoM, as after a certain point you have all the skins and everything else is just titles. There are guides out there on efficiently reaching that point.

I played through it after GW2 was announced because I was so excited about GW2, and wanted to learn the background and story before launch. It's a fun game. If you like other party-based RPGs like Knights of the Old Republic or Divinity: Original Sin, you'll enjoy it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Natta.8905 said:

I have a different question, does anyone of you know when Mini Tiger will be in Trading Post?

You can get the Mini Tiger for 2 Black Lion Miniature Claim Tickets, if you have any of those.  Looking at the Gem Store History on the wiki page of the Mini Tiger, it has not been for sale since May 2016. So I do not think it is coming back now that you can get it with Miniature Claim Tickets. 

(you have asked this same question in 3 different threads.....)

• Like 2

On 10/3/2021 at 10:34 AM, titje.2745 said:

There is no one who said you have to move to guildwars 2.

You do realize that GW1 stopped getting any active development when GW2 came out right? So that's really an odd thing to say.

Anyway, my opinion is that if people are that hung up on graphics (honestly they are fine), they are just robbing themselves of a rich gaming experience that was pretty unique and in my opinion not really replicated since, to my knowledge.

Edited by Faridah.8431