Who would you like to see as a Legend ?

Dawanarth.4601

Jora
perhaps a future e-spec will explore Jora post gw1. Perhaps she goes on a spiritual journey of sorts and picks up rit weapon spells like splinter weapon, nightmare weapon, etc. Since sword and shield are already taken, a longbow? Despite being mainly a warrior, she was also a hunter. Jora was a fav of mine and the lack of meaningful Jora in gw2 is sad. 

As for others, it would be interesting to see Razzah. It was a being made of the mist so a legend of it could be good for some unique approaches to the legend system.

• Like 1

I want to preface this with saying that the person you channel does not have to be dead or even alive yet due to how the Mists work, what is important is how much the person influenced the world, with that being said...

Ourselves, Legendary Pact Commander Stance. A very meme and hilarious choice, but honestly, we are the first one to kill the Elder Dragons, not just one, but have taken part in all five demises. We killed the God Pharaoh, and a literal human god Balthazaar in one on one combat. We stopped and killed Scarlet from taking over the world, and we are the Herald to Glint's child. We are world renown and even known in countries we have not even visited yet. I don't think there is a person in Tamriel's history that has caused as much of a fundamental shift in the path of the world as the commander, so we would actually be super easy to channel in the Mists. We would maybe at some time even have to fight an enemy revenant who decides to channel us figuring the only way to really beat us is to channel the Legendary Pact Commander themselves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'd pick Razah and have his utilities each be based on an Eye of the North character that he learnt from. Like an Ogden's Wisdom skill for healing, Jora's Strength for elite, Gwen's Kindness for stunbreak, etc... The other two could be Pyre Fierceshot for a ranged attack & Vekk for an Aoe attack which would also round of the GW1 races. His profession mechanic would be a F2-F4 skillbar that has long range skills that change depending on the Legend you swap out from. So you could swap out of Ventari, while still gaining some healing ability, or swap out of Jalis while keeping some protecting skills. Visually you'd get a mist cloud that circles around the player like the mist aura Revenants get on the arms. The cloud would be the representation of the Legend you swap out of. With it transforming into a illusionary visions of the swapped out Legend when activating a F2-4 skill like Ventari stampeding or Mallyx devouring.

Razah is the ultimate mimic, so his profession would be about mimicking others, even his fellow legends. I'd probably called the profession the Demiurge referencing his mist-shaping ability and demigod creator archetype. The equipment piece would be his GW1 hood and the profession icon would be the 5 pointed sun emblem of his. The weapon would be the focus which represents a vessel that carries mist energy with skills about absorbing and releasing it.

• Like 2

On 9/26/2021 at 4:28 PM, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Anything but 2 random nobodies that got killed trying to stop an actual legend. Next elite spec will channel peasants for their legendary farmer skills. Upkeep skill: Harvest 50% faster. Heal skill: eat cucumber for 300hp/sec. Elite skin; hatch an egg

"Cantha-based especs" really held Revenant thematically back the most. There are so many "legendary" figures in the Mists that don't even know what a jade sea is 😔

• Thanks 2

Personally i like so much the idea of the luxon and kurzik heroes, they are so fitting the lore, but they are humans and we alredy have a human legend. If we won't have a race for each legend, why take out Kalla from nowhere? Personally i hope they will change San Viktor and Archemorus with something fitting, thematically opponents, but still based on offense and heal.

Mursaats and seers fit this role greetly. And don't remember, before start their war they were allied aganist elder dragons.

For the other i want a power legend tengu, with 2 daggers.

The last one i want is the forgotten god Arachnia, the one who was defeated by Abaddon and made him a god. Double pistols spitting webs, only one legends usable and no swap, but the F1 mechanic is the complete incarnation that will change all your skills.

IMO the whole luxon + kurzik duet could've been seperated + available during core release and having to be able to use greatswords.

- Largos or Unending Ocean Creature Theme Spear users for land

- Kaolai or Master Togo scepter

- Arachnia / Nightmare theme dual daggers

- Cosmos/starbound star (maybe)? night and day lore about dwayna and grenth Dervish

The Hero of course !

The real legend around.

Someone who  defeated the mursaats, Vizier Khilbron and push back the titans.

Someone who  defeated Shiro Tagachi

Someone who defeated the Warmarshal Varesh Ossa's forces, and then defeated the god Abaddon

Someone who defeated the Great Destroyer.

It could come with the Greatsword. (assuming those 2 kill stealers are gone with a Vindi rework)

The Hero is known to wearing the Fellblade !

It could use "kit" for utility skills.
Each kit would gives access to a weapon from another profession.
Because the hero could chose a secondary profession and even switch between multiple ones.  An expertise lost nowadays.

6 - would be monk (with no weapon)

7-8-9 could be :

Elementalist (with a focus - as the Storm Artifact),

Mesmer (with a wand - as the Wayward Wand),

Assassin (with daggers - as Ungues of the Oni)

10 would be : Paragon (with a spear, of course)

Designing spear as a kit would not be so much work, as it's not really a new weapon, which would require a lot of skins.

Kit only have one skin, so less work.

Edited by Parthenos Polias.5683

I'm not sure Kits would work for Revenant, like you often switch between both legends.

Maybe instead of Skills they could be F2/F3/F4... where you can chose which of the Aspect of the Heroes you can channel replacing your skill for a limited time

On 10/2/2021 at 9:43 AM, Kazeshini.8210 said:

- Arachnia / Nightmare theme dual daggers

Isn't the Legendary Demon/Mallyx already a Nightmare ? Or similar enough that it's already taken care of ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dawanarth.4601 said:

Isn't the Legendary Demon/Mallyx already a Nightmare ? Or similar enough that it's already taken care of ?

Yea mallyx is abbadon themed / margonites from gw1 but I wanted more danker themes related to spiders and tower of nightmare thats lurking from the mists or that elder spider before the era of abbadon.

Vizu, the assassin who crippled Shiro.

or Master togo, which is the one out of all of these that I think is most likely to appear either as a legend or as a ghost npc in the game.

or Kuunavang the dragon who was trapped under the Harvest Temple (Dunno if she's still alive or not by GW2's time)

or Talon Silverwing the tengu warrior.

or Nika the assassin, the character whose mug appears on faction's boxart.

or any of the ghosts of significant individuals from tahnnaki temple, like teinei the elementalist who kept one-shotting my team, or zojun the ranger who had multiple ranger skills named after him, or again Vizu the assassin.

Edited by magic fly.2041