Please make the Carapace Coat box buyable for bandit crests

Laboufe.6495

I know this is old news at this point, but I am incredibly frustrated that this one item is locked behind RNG while the rest are purchasable for bandit crests. I have done countless chest farms and vinewraith events and I am still short one box. It is the only item I am missing to finish my luminescent collection, which is time consuming and annoying enough as is. Please consider adding the coat box to the bandit crest vendor,

Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Laboufe.6495 said:

I know this is old news at this point, but I am incredibly frustrated that this one item is locked behind RNG while the rest are purchasable for bandit crests. I have done countless chest farms and vinewraith events and I am still short one box. It is the only item I am missing to finish my luminescent collection, which is time consuming and annoying enough as is. Please consider adding the coat box to the bandit crest vendor,

Thank you.

That's kinda ANet's thing. Isn't the bladed chest the same way? I'm all for making them purchasable, but it seems like their formula. Hopefully some day, though. 

2 minutes ago, Lottie.5370 said:

Unfortunately all you can do is keep trying the meta and chest farming.

Do chests even give coat boxes? I remember when the Vinewrath was new, the only way to get chest boxes was doing the Vinewrath event, as the lost bandit chests didn't drop them. If you're on the lower end of rng luck that's unfortunate. I remember it took me 20+ Vinewraths to get the two coat boxes for the collection, plus the guaranteed one for the first event, while a friend had all three after the 2nd Vinewrath event (one guaranteed plus one random drop for each event).

Seeing how this is permanent content and even people like me that don't play world bosses or meta events unless they accidentally stumble upon them have done this event dozends of times, I'm positive that everyone that actively plays will eventually get their three coat boxes for the collection. It's mostly just an issue if you try to brute-force the collection in a short period of time, and if you are that desparate there even is a quaranteed way to get it from the wvw and pvp reward tracks.