Binding Roots targeting needs to be updated or reworked

Ferahn.2896

On 10/1/2021 at 7:11 PM, lightDestroyer.1265 said:

Ok dude.  You are completely right.  Condi ranger is the meta.  All other builds bow down to the great ROOTS.

In all seriousness, people can and do condi cleanse to avoid the main source of dmg.  People do beat it to the point of making it irrelevant at the top,  playing condi druid only for fun.  You don't have to time kitten,  just cleanse and dodge immediately. If you waste your cleanse,  it is your fault.

Condi ranger might feel overpowered at first. Play the class and you will know how to counter them. 

Example,  most condi rangers main source of dmg is aoe,  try not to stand on it.  If ranger is using 2 traps,  they have only 1 stun break.  Cc them and kill them.  Condi rangers might also lack confi cleanse. Above all,  just pressure them with huge power dmg.

your argument makes no sense, binding roots is a PULSING immob, which means it is put at the top of cleansing priority every second. its VERY easy to cleanse and dodge out, any skill that cleanses 2 conditions gets you out, if you cant do that your timing is bad and nothing else, and if you struggle with it so much, equip sigil of escape and then you dont even have to time anything
very underrated sigil btw

Edited by Leonidrex.5649

To be able to deal with binding roots you have to learn its mechanics. And that's the problem. That's too much for the average player. I see this every day in unorganized team fights - I am the one that hardfocusses builds like immob druid or fresh air ele or trapper DH or a necro popping lich, because otherwise their gimmicks would kill half of my team which wouldn't know what's going on.

I don't like binding roots, but not because I can not counter it, but because it has too much of a hardcounter potential. I can not use half of the builds that would work just fine against any other build in the game when I have to deal with a binding roots druid. And a build that kills half of my game content is annoying.

Edited by KrHome.1920