What's your main content in GW2?

DoomNexus.5324

What's your main content in GW2?  

181 members have voted

1. 1. On what do you currently spend most of your game time or enjoy the most at this time? (multiple choice)

• High-end PvE (Raids, Strikes, t4 CM Fractals)
    • Casual PvE (any other fractals, DRMs, open world, dungeons, ...)
    • WvW
    • GvG
    • sPvP
    • Roleplay
    • Just socializing with friends/guild members
    • Achievement hunting, completing collections or acquiring skins
    • Other (feel free to post in comments)

I'm just curious how the current situation is among the playerbase.
I am aware that the results will be heavily skewed due to various reasons. For example there are probably content types where only a low percentage or active players check out the (english) forums aka they are (heavily) underrepresented here and vice versa. But it could maybe give a very rough estimate.

Edited by DoomNexus.5324
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Yeah, the results will be skewed probably by quite a bit.  I don't think that many PvP players who do visit the forum come to the General section; rather they hang out in the PvP forum.  Same with WvW.

yea i think most of general section is used by casual and openworld since it's don't have a unique category for that except maybe living world but that mostly used for story then openworld.

• Like 2

At the moment I most enjoy raiding, I do two full clears a week (plus 2x 5CMs) and also lead raid trainings.

Outside of that I love doing dungeons with friends, chatting with my guild and achievement hunting (tho I don't really have many left to hunt so it's mostly limited to doing festivals and return achis at the moment). I also do some WvW daily with my partner (mostly for the actual dailies - I store the WvW potions for when I need them, but I enjoy roaming a lot).

I tend to stay away from DRMs/Strikes as I just think they're incredibly boring, and I haven't done CMs&T4s in a while because I'm really not a fan of the current meta, otherwise they're quite fun too.

I mainly do casual PvE and achievements which interest me or collecting skins and items (especially mini pets). This week I've been almost exclusively playing WvW because I want to make the legendary backpack so I need a lot of skirmish tickets. I might actually finish the platinum skirmish chests, which is about as far as I ever get. Next week I'll probably take a break from WvW or play it a lot less and go back to doing some PvE stuff instead, but I'm not sure what yet. Sometime I need to do the Above and Beyond achievement in Twilight Arbor because it's the last one I need for the mini pet and I've been meaning to do it for literally years.

I also chat with my guilds regardless of what I'm doing (unless I'm too busy trying not to die), about what I'm doing, what they're doing or anything else which comes up.

45 minutes ago, ProtoGunner.4953 said:

Used to love endgame stuff some years back. Now rather casual and achievement hunting. Reason: life is too short and I have many hobbies and friends and I don't want to waste 3h on a boss be cause the tank is bad (just an example). At the moment I play WvW, working on the legendary back item!

Hm, get full legendary armor in all three weights, or write that novel I've always wanted to write? Pretty equivalent time investment...

• Haha 1

While I do a bit of everything my main content is casual PvE, socializing with my guild and achievements, collections and acquiring skins.

I guess the other thing I do, which isn't really listed, is kit out characters in the "perfect look".  All my characters are either themed or individuals as if I were writing them into a story. They have stuff that is uniquely them. Some of those characters are more joke characters. I have one character named Social Satyr, and another named Get Off the Lawn, an old grumpy norn that looks ridiculous. Finding the perfect look for a character including minis, mount skins and titles can take a while.

• Like 1

• Mostly into achievements and AP. Don't know why because the current rewards are terrible for it. Somehow I expect this to improve in the future like GW1 did with it's Hall of Monuments reward and GWAMM title. But I may just have set myself to a major disappointment.
  • I like open world content and exploration.
  • Casual WvW for dailies and rewards.
  • Like 1

Loves me so.e meta events, especially DS (for some reason). I've only recently focused on collection completion, but it is very rewarding after obtaining some ascended weapons. I have also recently started some PvP, which I absolutely hated when I tried it 8 years ago. Since getting better, and the addition of the action cam, I actually do well enough now to keep me playing. It's fun when you get a good game without 9 bots, lol. I've had the game for 8 years, but have only recently made it a staple in my gaming, so I still have a lot I want to do. 

My main content is achieving my (i think very "special" goal) which is enabling maximum quallity of life.

Since GW2 is oriented in a horizontal progression, in my opinion, the ultimate quality of life in terms of gearing and buidling a character is locked behind legendary gear and weapons .... now even more than ever after releasing legendary armory. The idea to never again need to think about stats and crafting stuff is just ultra cool.

Of course i will never engage in crafting every available legendary item but i managed to get legendary armors for every 3 armor types (1 is full pvp leggy armor, 1 is full pve leggy armor and the last type is a mix of wvw, pvp and pve because im a lazy person and i like utilizing my ressoruces :P) and 1 leggy backpack and 3 legendary trinkets (2 accesoires, 1 ring) and with the most recent achievement we all get a free legendary amulet ❤️ 

Now at least for my case the only last desired legendary item is a legendary staff because i think staff is among all weapons the most versatile weapon - it used for support, condi and even power (daredevil) classes. So having access to to all stats with these roles is premium 😄 To get it i mainly play pvp (platin), daily fracs, strikes, and weekly raids 

Edited by Yakuzai.6593

I answered casual PvE because I have spent the majority of my time on this type of content.  But I've still put a lot of time into other things including 2.8k rank in WvW, 1k+ games played in PvP, and fractal savant.  The only thing I barely ever touch is raiding (and strikes).

If we're to interpret the will of the players based upon polls like these, it would be inaccurate in my case to characterize me as a player only concerned about casual PvE.  

I like PvP cause it gets to the point fast compared to other content and generates a bit of a rush unfortunately it's very difficult finding a good pvp partner it's almost like a marriage in that mode

Hmm I do a lot of the chest alt farming but it's pretty boring

World bosses.. sometimes.. but it's a pretty stale thing with low activity required and not much of a social aspect to it anymore

I hangout sometimes in main world hubs but after the initial hangout or meeting new people there's never the incentive to really chat anymore or do anything together it's just nice looking at each others characters

I'm not really surprised by the breakdown of what the main content is by percentage.  It may not be exactly how I saw things, but it's certainly in the ballpark.

It's probably worth noting that the most casual players won't be reading the forums at all, and wouldn't be voting here.  

• Like 3