What's your main content in GW2?

DoomNexus.5324

What's your main content in GW2?  

181 members have voted

1. 1. On what do you currently spend most of your game time or enjoy the most at this time? (multiple choice)

• High-end PvE (Raids, Strikes, t4 CM Fractals)
    • Casual PvE (any other fractals, DRMs, open world, dungeons, ...)
    • WvW
    • GvG
    • sPvP
    • Roleplay
    • Just socializing with friends/guild members
    • Achievement hunting, completing collections or acquiring skins
    • Other (feel free to post in comments)

On 9/28/2021 at 3:55 PM, Gibson.4036 said:

Hm, get full legendary armor in all three weights, or write that novel I've always wanted to write? Pretty equivalent time investment...

That's the point! It is _your priorities_ and it's totally fine. Playing games with friends is for me the same as reading a book. Only that some people may think that reading a book is a 'good' time investment whereas playing games is a children's game.

• Like 1

Why is fractals together with raids ? i do all the content but i dont think its fair to group fractals and raids as the same thing since they are not and are very different. and if you want to say its because they are endgame content so is wvw so why is that not grouped with fractals i can go to fractals under level same as i can on wvw.

Edited by MarkoGold.7126

I voted Casual PvE, as this is my main content in the game. Mostly Open World activities. Helping new players, returners or strangers with their stuff. Large scale meta-events, instanced content with special people. Treasure Hunting is a big part = (jumping) puzzles, chests and even gathering. 

Next on the list is 'housing' as I build my own guildhall at the moment. It is expensive, slow, but I enjoy having it and did never regret the decision to start with it.

As a third there is character- & build-development. Some characters took several months from the first spark in my head until the thing became 100 % operational (character, outfit, gear, build - optimized). 

And the last piece is searching, finding, analyzing and reporting bugs and exploits. I do not use any of the things I find and I do not share my findings with other players. Sometimes I notice a fix/change about something I reported in the past, which feels really nice. But most of the work has no real reward, except for the joy of discovery ^^. 

15 hours ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

Why is fractals together with raids ? i do all the content but i dont think its fair to group fractals and raids as the same thing since they are not and are very different. and if you want to say its because they are endgame content so is wvw so why is that not grouped with fractals i can go to fractals under level same as i can on wvw.

Only t4 fractals in challenge mode are grouped with raids, all others are categorized as Casual PvE. I mean yes, it's very different and so are strikes. I just had to draw a line somewhere because but not including fractals in "high end pve" at all also seemed a bit weird to me. So I figured people who are just doing fractal dailies for example wouldn't do them with CM active idk. It's admittedly a bit arbitrary but so is the entire poll tbh. It's not a clinical study 🙂 

If it was thorough I could have also separated "farming legendaries" as its own choice, instead it's hidden within "Achievement hunting, completing collections or acquiring skins" or also add Crafting/Gathering. But I figured it would be easier to limit the options and group some of the content.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I'm not really surprised by the breakdown of what the main content is by percentage.  It may not be exactly how I saw things, but it's certainly in the ballpark.

It's probably worth noting that the most casual players won't be reading the forums at all, and wouldn't be voting here.  

It's about what I expected too.

I'm glad we can now have polls where it's possible to pick more than one option. It would have felt dishonest to pick just casual PvE when I've actually done almost nothing but WvW this week (and got up to mithril chests, for the first time ever!), but it would be equally inaccurate to pick WvW when this week is not representative of how I normally play. I suspect a lot of people are in a similar situation where they couldn't accurately pick just 1 option, so it's helpful to be able to choose all the ones that apply to you.

20 hours ago, Hashberry.4510 said:

Don’t forget faarrrmmminng.

I'd include farming in either casual PvE or achievements/collections/acquiring skins, depending on what your motivation is. If you're just doing it because you enjoy the process it's casual PvE, if you're farming something specific it's collecting, and in some cases it might be both.

19 hours ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

I think it makes sense. Even if it was possible to add every activity in the game as a separate choice (it isn't, there's a limit to how many options a poll can have) I don't think it would be very useful to do that because then it's very hard to make sense of the results.

T4 CM Fractals is similar to raids in that it's instanced PvE for small groups which requires a high degree of coordination between group members and good knowledge of your build and game mechanics. It seems to me, based on the people I know who do raids and/or do T4 Fractals, that they appeal to similar people, even if each individual prefers one or the other. Similarly you're more likely to find someone who refuses to touch either than someone who loves raids and hates Fractals or the other way around.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...