Selecting a main - Help looking for a Caster/Mage/Enchanter-sort of character

Mage Prime.9417

20 minutes ago, Mage Prime.9417 said:

@Mungo Zen.9364 I highly appreciate the feedback, I see the effort behind it. Yes I have started as a charr mesmer and is loving it. In my entire gaming experience, I think this is the first time I've encountered this class. 

I do have to ask, what is zerg?

Zerg, the name taken from Starcraft, applied to GW2 as a large group of players working through any open world event such as a Meta or World Boss.  Also seen in WvW and referred to as a 'blob' sometimes.

Zerging open world metas usually means there are far more players than required to complete the content.  Typically 30-50 players at once, perhaps more depending on the zone and event.

18 minutes ago, Mage Prime.9417 said:

Got it. But what is a meta? 

Short for 'meta-event'. There are a few maps where there's a big event which is basically what the map (or a significant portion of it) is built around. Usually they're in the max-level maps and require players to spread out to cover different parts of the meta simultaneously in order to achieve the highest level of success rather than just mobbing one area.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Maybe a slight chance to get a new Wizard Profession in this new update somewhere...I mean a proper Wizard not the dwayna fan, shaman,clone gang banger and the necroph*** ...

It would be nice since no new Race like Tengu and the whole expansion revolves around mage and wizarding so it would be a nice surprise to get a proper mage class and if I a not wrong there are a couple of forum suggestions floating  🙂

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Gerebos.1065 said:

dwayna fan

There's hardly any Dwayna magic left in Guardian. Maybe a bit in Firebrand's healing tome, but that's mostly it.

Thematically, most of what Guardian took from GW1's Monk are Protection Prayers and Smiting Prayers. Balthazar is the patron of both of these attributes.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1