Bladesworn Isn't As Bad As People Think

Downstate.4697

What I noticed about bladesworn is that it might not have the same burst as other warrior builds, but it offers a lot as a duelist.

The biggest thing about dragon slash isn't its damage; its the ability to trick your opponents by changing up the timing. I have seen many people dodge roll too early only to be hit by it at the end of the dodge roll.

If they allowed weapon swap after the dragon slash then offhand axe would ruin lives. 

The ranged poke and extra sustain is also good. Vaanns I think played it the best in his videos of duels.

TL&dr 

Bladesworn isn't perfect in pvp, but people do be dramatic. Its not as straight foward as how warrior usually is, which I think many people who play warrior dont like.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

24 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

What I noticed about bladesworn is that it might not have the same burst as other warrior builds, but it offers a lot as a duelist.

The biggest thing about dragon slash isn't its damage; its the ability to trick your opponents by changing up the timing. I have seen many people dodge roll too early only to be hit by it at the end of the dodge roll.

If they allowed weapon swap after the dragon slash then offhand axe would ruin lives. 

The ranged poke and extra sustain is also good. Vaanns I think played it the best in his videos of duels.

TL&dr 

Bladesworn isn't perfect in pvp, but people do be dramatic. Its not as straight foward as how warrior usually is, which I think many people who play warrior dont like.

Yup. 

I also found out it's OK when decap ping. Pretty fast. 

Decent in teamfight for some mass interrupts. But it lacks the survivability of all other warrior specs. Unless if you feed that brainless Tactics build spamming all skills like a Scourge to heal and get barrier or CD reduction. 

Yup exactly what I signed for! 

Better go Holo lol. And I'm not exaggerating rn. It obviously performs better. Bladesworn looks good in controlled duelist scenarios, but gets crippled in real situations where plus 1 will get it killed. 

Not to mention how it gets focused hard in teamfights. Not that it's dmg is rewarding, but because who doesn't want to kill a self-Entangle warrior? 

39 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

I honestly dont mind the concept of what they have gone for, I even stated the foundation is there, but its lacking in areas to make the whole spec to flow together. It has a few useless traits which will never get picked, its so easy to counter in PvP, WvW and Id even go as far to say Open world PvE too (seriously mobs die too fast and you lose your adren/flow faster than you can gain it) Some changes would be needed to address these.

The thing that holds the whole spec back for me more so than the new burst skills easy counter, is the fact that they gave the warrior a pistol in the offhand that doesnt even act like a pistol. Honestly if the pistol was switched hands this would save the spec for me as many players (myself included) would be able to toy with many many builds with the pistol for support, for damage or even for roaming. They could easily keep the two current skills it has, give them more range, make the self pushback further (to create a gap maker) and give the weapon an auto attack (or in preference an auto attack combo - like what melee weapons have) and this will work with defensive weapons and attack weapons, you could burst with the Dragons Rawr, dash in, use your offhand weapon to deal some damage then Dragons Rawr again to back step back out. This would also fit in with the theme of the whole spec, as it does feel more like a class you want to dash in and out of harms way to pull off your burst style attacks.

Swapping offhand to mainhand honestly in many books would be a saving change to the spec.

As for the straight forward part, Id honestly say it is still really straightforward, any monkey with a brain could work out what the skills do, how to work the traits, i mean heck, its made shout support warrior even more obnoxious by spamming your shouts over and over.

58 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Vaanns I think played it the best in his videos of duels

I wouldn't use a Youtuber as an example. They'll only put out their great clips.

1 hour ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

offers a lot as a duelist.

It doesn't offer as much as Spellbreaker at the moment (maybe it will later idk), so it isn't going to make much of a difference. And Spellbreaker isn't a top tier spec. If Spellbreaker isn't top tier, Bladesworn definitely isn't.

For reference, my main game mode is WvW.

• Like 1

I hear you guys. Its not perfect and you can see its weaknesses in outnumbered situations. Personally, if they made the dragon slashes like a channel skill and you can move freely it would function much better.

This post was mainly to point out that the lack of damage the dragon triggers do isnt really a bad thing and offers other things in return.

13 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

This post was mainly to point out that the lack of damage the dragon triggers do isnt really a bad thing and offers other things in return.

After the class gets released in full (if it stays the same that is) it wont take long for people to easily counter this spec. The charge up is a thiefs wet dream of pressing headshot, removes all flow and stacked bullets.

Currently it offers (for pvp) 1 skill which doesnt have a damage payoff in melee range, 1 skill that dashes and seems to have the best use and another skill that misses 90% of the time beyond 300 range if you decide to pick up a penny.

The foundation is there for the bursts, but work is needed to make sure it has sustain to even be in this static location for up to 100 seconds. Like gaining protection and stability upon entering Dragon Trigger, this would instantly improve its chances of pulling off a 4 second charge at minimum.
Dragonsabres attacks; 3 (all charges) + 4 do more damage than any of the bursts currently which doesnt sound right, especially since you can discharge all 3 uses of skill 3 in under 1.5s.

Not to disrepsetc Vaans or whoever, but rly some arena duels do not reflect actual gameplay. And wvw is full of bad players. I tell you, I fully charged the slash in one instance while there was a skirmish and boosted downing 3 people. Player quality drops a lot.

Last night a ranger killed themselves 2 times at ogre camp EB cause I have Mace/Shield reflect Zerker and they were shooting themselves and didn't stop!

Bladesworn will have no problems in wvw and silver pvp. But up? Things get nasty up. Real nasty. Last thing you want iis get some brain injury from trying too hard with the spec against decent enemies.

Not to mention that it doesn't promote build diversity with those trait options. kitten run Tactic. Chads run Arms/Disc

• Haha 1

At it's current state, spellbreaker just kills it, and spellbreaker puts more to the table because of CCs/boonrips/defensive capabilities.

If you do the axe/pistol shouts version you're literally stuck in axe/pistol trying to barrier over and over. You can't even use the gunblade. If you try to do the dps version with arms and unblockable you're still interruptible and doesn't do enough damage.

Why bother if the devs leave it at it's current state.

• Like 1