Please add Memories of Battle to the Skirmish Chest choices

Wookins.1468

12 hours ago, Wookins.1468 said:

The prices have soared since the introduction of the armory and they are gained significantly more slowly than PvP's Shards of Glory (when compared to ranked PvP). This would be a huge help.

Thank you so much.

Let's make it 1 gold per piece in TP. 😅

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, iamreb.9175 said:

it's really not that hard to get them. you just need to be active in wvw. it's tickets that are hard to get.

Lets say you want to craft a mistforged legendaries armor set, conflux and warbringer. I.e. the legendaries you would want from wvw.

Per wiki pages, that is 8750 memories and 15500 tickets. Lets call this 43 weeks, so you would have to be getting ~200 memories a week (similar if you are crafting a set for each armor class). The chests give you ~100, the reward tracks probably give you 50 (assuming 20 something hours played to finish the diamond chest).

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#WvW_armor_set

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warbringer

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Conflux

I know I'm short on memories and not tickets, waiting to craft conflux of the above.

Just the TP price per memory should tell you, you don't get enough from rewards.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Lets say you want to craft a mistforged legendaries armor set

My first armor set is the sublime/mistforged wvw then the pvp mistforged then last i just completed a month ago even though it was the first to be released is the pve legendaries.

Why do people calculate this and that required weeks? There are legendary sets on all game mode.
Me personally i don't complain on how to obtain them because i respect the players in their preferred game mode except for the pve leg ones. There are fckin tons of 24/7 raid sellers and 0 people that play raids in lfg. If those PvE legendaries can be obtained  solo play like in WvW and PvP then i'll fckin respect every PvErs who complain about WvW legendary armor requirement.
But if they come here and told it takes xx weeks or xx gold and complains, holy sheeps i will be in troll mode.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Wookins.1468 said:

The prices have soared since the introduction of the armory and they are gained significantly more slowly than PvP's Shards of Glory (when compared to ranked PvP). This would be a huge help.

Thank you so much.

And more clovers. You forgot to ask for more clovers.

#holidaywishlist2021

• Like 1

On 9/29/2021 at 2:32 AM, iamreb.9175 said:

it's really not that hard to get them. you just need to be active in wvw. it's tickets that are hard to get.

Depends on what you're going for...you can earn the tickets in one week needed to buy an ascended WvW trinket, but it will take you two weeks or more to earn the necessary 250 MoBs.

The biggest disparity is the TP price of MoBs (about 20 silver) vs Shards of Glory (about 50 copper).  Never use MoBs to buy a Mist Capacitor, for example...sell about 8-10 MoBs if you don't have 1.5 gold laying around to buy 250 Shards of Glory to then buy the Mist Capacitor.

Why Anet sets a fixed currency price for something that is available with multiple currencies that can have radically different market values is beyond me...

On 9/29/2021 at 2:32 AM, iamreb.9175 said:

Not sure I agree with this statement. When finishing conflux I had the tickets before the MoBs. And I'm super casual and can't complete the full set of chests every week.

Edited by Firebeard.1746

10 hours ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

Depends on what you're going for...you can earn the tickets in one week needed to buy an ascended WvW trinket, but it will take you two weeks or more to earn the necessary 250 MoBs.

The biggest disparity is the TP price of MoBs (about 20 silver) vs Shards of Glory (about 50 copper).  Never use MoBs to buy a Mist Capacitor, for example...sell about 8-10 MoBs if you don't have 1.5 gold laying around to buy 250 Shards of Glory to then buy the Mist Capacitor.

Why Anet sets a fixed currency price for something that is available with multiple currencies that can have radically different market values is beyond me...

You'll note that the shards of glory are in the daily chests.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shard_of_Glory

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

You'll note that the shards of glory are in the daily chests.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shard_of_Glory

Thanks...so to sum up, WvW daily chests don't drop MoBs, making the equivalent currency in PvP much easier to obtain, yet they require the same amount of either currency for similar items instead of reducing the MoBs required, or increasing the Shards of Glory required.  Shards of Glory are more equivalent to our Badges of Honor in their ubiquity, yet BoHs remain account bound and not usable for ascended armor, weapons or the stat selectable trinkets.  Very lame...yes, they need to put MoBs back in the rank-up chests at least...those were better days!

• Thanks 1

On 9/28/2021 at 8:08 PM, Wookins.1468 said:

Thank you so much.

rather give us just more freaking gold income, like spvp has. that's for me the bigger inequality. gold for player kills would be dope, currently a kill is really low income. (idk numbers there but it's just probably next to nothing)

i currently have about 2000 memories of battle that i have no real use for. which is fine, i'm just keeping them, since my newer account hasn't enough skirmish claim tickets and grandmaster marks yet to make bigger use of these. the timegated thingy really is a bit annoying.

(ofc could sell, but i also have no immediate need for money, before someone asks)

@Lan Deathrider.5910 erm, and why? i think i have around 600 mystic clovers and no real use for these either, as likely around 80% of my 6000~ hours sofar are in Wvw. only need them for probably legendaries ever, so i do not see a bigger income of these giving us anything for Wvw.

it's imo wrong to give Wvw better pvE rewards. gold is my main tip as it is the overall "best" currency, i think.

I would not want to see more gold handouts. It is not good for the economy at all.
Rewarding kills means nothing because unless you are constantly killing people that are of different groups you run into diminishing returns just as in PVE.
You would have to reward emblems (daily/weekly capped), put in a daily trader, or something like that. Part of the problem with ranked PVP is you have "people" (I use that term very loosely) playing hundreds if not thousands of games because repeat Byzantium rewards are uncapped gold-wise.

9 minutes ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 erm, and why? i think i have around 600 mystic clovers and no real use for these either, as likely around 80% of my 6000~ hours sofar are in Wvw. only need them for probably legendaries ever, so i do not see a bigger income of these giving us anything for Wvw.

it's imo wrong to give Wvw better pvE rewards. gold is my main tip as it is the overall "best" currency, i think.

So what you are saying is "I never use my hoard so why should other people get better rewards?"

You do realize that a few people being just fine is not a reason for leaving rewards as they are. Very Marie Antoinette of you. Can we expect you to lay out cake at spawn for everyone?

Putting in a daily/weekly vendor that trades the useless emblems and GoBs that pile up for more useful things like MoBs, Clovers, and/or Coins is a useful and fruitful thing for the game mode. Just because you sit on your hoard and do nothing with it does not mean that others even have a hoard or that there isn't a demand for better rewards for WvW gameplay.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

So what you are saying is "I never use my hoard so why should other people get better rewards?"

You do realize that a few people being just fine is not a reason for leaving rewards as they are. Very Marie Antoinette of you. Can we expect you to lay out cake at spawn for everyone?

Putting in a daily/weekly vendor that trades the useless emblems and GoBs that pile up for more useful things like MoBs, Clovers, and/or Coins is a useful and fruitful thing for the game mode. Just because you sit on your hoard and do nothing with it does not mean that others even have a hoard or that there isn't a demand for better rewards for WvW gameplay.

Well put...guess we'll have to see how Anet tweaks the WvW reward system as they mentioned in the WvW update, before the Alliance beta went kaput, at least.

1 minute ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

Well put...guess we'll have to see how Anet tweaks the WvW reward system as they mentioned in the WvW update, before the Alliance beta went kaput, at least.

A daily/weekly vendor would not be a difficult thing for them to implement. And while I'd like to see one come out sooner rather than later, Alliances is something that has been promised for a while and needs to get done.

The only issue is what do they do with the hoard of Emblems and GoBs? When I made my daily/weekly vendor thread I also suggested a monthly vendor (resets on the first Tuesday of the month for instance) as a means to allow those with large hoards to offload them a bit more quickly without crashing any particular market.

Just assigning gold values to Emblems would result numerous players all of a sudden become massively wealthy in game which would shock the in game economy. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

A daily/weekly vendor would not be a difficult thing for them to implement. And while I'd like to see one come out sooner rather than later, Alliances is something that has been promised for a while and needs to get done.

The only issue is what do they do with the hoard of Emblems and GoBs? When I made my daily/weekly vendor thread I also suggested a monthly vendor (resets on the first Tuesday of the month for instance) as a means to allow those with large hoards to offload them a bit more quickly without crashing any particular market.

Just assigning gold values to Emblems would result numerous players all of a sudden become massively wealthy in game which would shock the in game economy. 

You have to factor in opportunity cost though.
There's no WVW player making more than 30g/hour really as far as I know. On average I've seen people claim 7g/hour.

https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.emblemOfTheAvenger

If emblems suddenly gained one or two gold value it wouldn't make the vast majority of players wealthy unless you call 2-4K gold "massively wealthy". The 25th most emblems is ~2.3K emblems. The 0.5% of players on gw2e have 1K emblems of the avenger (for 4000+ hour players) and you have to keep in mind that those players represent a smaller subset of the GW2 community that on average has more stuff. Those players suddenly getting what amounts to one gen1 legendary isn't that large an impact.

Emblem of the Avenger is more prone to abuse and as such there would need to be a cap on that daily/weekly/monthly if there's an exchange.

Emblem of the conqueror is timegated by the RI on camps/towers/keeps/etc. anyway. The most anyone has on gw2e is 284. https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.emblemOfTheConqueror

The reason clovers are the best reward for any potential WVW exchange is there is no PVE farm for clovers and people can't abuse multiple accounts since they are accountbound unlike mystic coins. The best you'll get is drizzlewood coast. If it's liquid gold it would likely never compete with PVE (and probably shouldn't).

Edited by Infusion.7149

12 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

There's no WVW player making more than 30g/hour really as far as I know. On average I've seen people claim 7g/hour.

If emblems suddenly gained one or two gold value it wouldn't make the vast majority of players wealthy unless you call 2-4K gold "massively wealthy". The 25th most emblems is ~2.3K emblems. The 0.5% of players on gw2e have 1K emblems of the avenger (for 4000+ hour players) and you have to keep in mind that those players represent a smaller subset of the GW2 community that on average has more stuff. Those players suddenly getting what amounts to one gen1 legendary isn't that large an impact.

Emblem of the Avenger is more prone to abuse and as such there would need to be a cap on that daily/weekly/monthly if there's an exchange.

Emblem of the conqueror is timegated by the RI on camps/towers/keeps/etc. anyway. The most anyone has on gw2e is 284. https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.emblemOfTheConqueror

The reason clovers are the best reward for any potential WVW exchange is there is no PVE farm for clovers and people can't abuse multiple accounts since they are accountbound unlike mystic coins. The best you'll get is drizzlewood coast. If it's liquid gold it would likely never compete with PVE (and probably shouldn't).

I know you like GW2 Efficiency, Infusion, and it is great for lots of things, but player statistics is not one of them as GW2E's stats are based on a ~350k users when there are 16 million registered users of GW2.

I recall people posting images with bank tabs full of emblems, and that was over a year ago.

Am I concerned about a subset of players all of a sudden being able to afford 1-2 new legs? No. But I know that there are people with large hoards who if all of it was offloaded at once could do things like wipe out the Mystic Coin market. Which is why the vendor is the best idea, with daily, weekly, and if I had my way a monthly tab.

For reference for those that did not read the vendor thread I suggested being able to trade Emblems and Gifts of Battle for Memories of Battle, Skirmish Tickets, Mystic Coins, and Mystic Clovers. I put clovers and coins because while clovers a nice and needed Coins are used for things other than legendaries.

20 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Yes make those emblems sellable to npc like the legendary spike, i dunno what to do with the 2 stacks of emblems sitting on my bank