BOTS, BOTS, AND MORE BOTS

steady.1345

You would think that after all these years of bots being rampant in PVP, something would have been done about it. 

Spend an hour in mists map chat and you'll see several players complaining about bots. Search the forums or reddit and you'll see hundreds of posts about the bot issue, Many posts have suggested that they believe these bots are actually ran by Arenanet, to increase player population, do decrease wait times. Although I find this difficult to believe, for what other reason is NOTHING being done?

A solid 80% of my games in 2v2 currently have at least one bot and around half have 2 or even 3 bots. 

Many of these bots, I have encountered several times over the last couple of months, and I wonder how many times do they need to be reported before anything would be done? They're literally racking up 1-2 THOUSAND games per season. And also likely mailing all gold and other rewards over to their main account. 

You can spot them before the game has even started. If we can see it, why can't ArenaNet? Do they not care? Do they not have the know how to put anti-cheat measures in place? Do they not have the resources? Do they just trash the hundreds of reports they rack up per season? 

What actually is it that's stopping the developers from resolving this issue that has plagued the game mode for years?

The game mode in general is my favourite aspect of the game, but it's becoming really difficult to motivate myself to play PLAYER vs PLAYER when really its Player vs Bots

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, steady.1345 said:

You would think that after all these years of bots being rampant in PVP, something would have been done about it. 

Spend an hour in mists map chat and you'll see several players complaining about bots. Search the forums or reddit and you'll see hundreds of posts about the bot issue, Many posts have suggested that they believe these bots are actually ran by Arenanet, to increase player population, do decrease wait times. Although I find this difficult to believe, for what other reason is NOTHING being done?

A solid 80% of my games in 2v2 currently have at least one bot and around half have 2 or even 3 bots. 

Many of these bots, I have encountered several times over the last couple of months, and I wonder how many times do they need to be reported before anything would be done? They're literally racking up 1-2 THOUSAND games per season. And also likely mailing all gold and other rewards over to their main account. 

You can spot them before the game has even started. If we can see it, why can't ArenaNet? Do they not care? Do they not have the know how to put anti-cheat measures in place? Do they not have the resources? Do they just trash the hundreds of reports they rack up per season? 

What actually is it that's stopping the developers from resolving this issue that has plagued the game mode for years?

The game mode in general is my favourite aspect of the game, but it's becoming really difficult to motivate myself to play PLAYER vs PLAYER when really its Player vs Bots

80% are bot,  that is too much exaggeration.