Fixes Coming to the Dye System

Fixes are always nice. I hope that the dye panel will get a bigger favourites list too.

And I'm sorry for mentioning this, but I'd also really like to see the Legendary backpacks and gliders be updated to be dyeable sometime too. I know this is beyond the scope of this specific project, but it reminded me of that...

Edited by Poki.8235
  • Like 23
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Raizel.1839 said:

What about Legendary Heavy Armor?  

Years ago you admitted it had problems with how dyes apply (and it still has them), will this patch fix this?

Different systems entirely, I imagine. One's an issue with the dye page and its subsystems, the other is an issue with the armor (perhaps its dye channels?).

• Like 1

The dye system is currently showing the wrong colours when using the same dye on the same armour weight (heavy, medium, light). Can you fix this by showing the same colour shade on all armour pieces?

For example when I use the celestial dye on my heavy helm it shows the colour white as it should be but after applying the same colour on my Warlord's gloves the same colour appears greyish. I would like all colours to have the same shade on all my armour pieces. I don't understand why the shades look different.

11 minutes ago, Touchme.1097 said:

The dye system is currently showing the wrong colours when using the same dye on the same armour weight (heavy, medium, light). Can you fix this by showing the same colour shade on all armour pieces?

For example when I use the celestial dye on my heavy helm it shows the colour white as it should be but after applying the same colour on my Warlord's gloves the same colour appears greyish. I would like all colours to have the same shade on all my armour pieces. I don't understand why the shades look different.

this was intent in original design. the base reason is that colors in general act differently against different materials. So there is some variance in colors depending on the shade and material. You are going to need to find a different shade that is closer to what you want. So you may have Celestial on one piece and White on another just to have your armor look similar in shades.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Touchme.1097 said:

Perhaps, the Greaves are not metal?  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Celestial_Dye

8 minutes ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

While I appreciate the bug fixes immensely, more and more we are hearing phrases such as "with End of Dragons around the corner we just don’t have the time it would take to correct these anytime soon."

Isn't a paid expansion the kind of time to expand on features?

Did he not say it was a personal project? 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Poki.8235 said:

Fixes are always nice. I hope that the dye panel will get a bigger favourites list too.

And I'm sorry for mentioning this, but I'd also really like to see the Legendary backpacks and gliders be updated to be dyeable sometime too. I know this is beyond the scope of this specific project, but it reminded me of that...

Seconding the bigger favourites list! Especially with equipment/fashion templates I run in to the limit more often because I want to keep favourite alternate color schemes for multiple armor sets.

And maybe a title connected to unlocking all the core dyes? *___* I would love that so much!

In any case thank you for working on this, I spend a loooot of time fiddling around with dyes and armors (and the fact that dyes behave differently across materials is actually a huge plus for me, I love this behaviour) so looking forward to the more streamlined version. :D

Thanks.

When will Legendary Armor be dyable like all the other armors? When will AP Armor get dye slots? When will backpieces be upgraded to be dyeable? Yes, I read the OP "substantial changes and so on", when will these substantial changes happen for some of theh hardest to get skins in the game and not just for the gemshop?

• Confused 2

Maybe not totally on topic but it's adjacent and over due. Maybe fix the Medium, Triumphant Hero's Brigandine by making the light effect entirely the dye color because it's way to bright in the center where the tendrils come out of or give the effect it's own dye channel because right now you have to use a color that looks near black on the armor, cancelling out the awesome glow effect. 

You can delete this post if it's too off topic, but I've been at this for years and running out of patience. 

On 9/30/2021 at 11:36 PM, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

However, this system has some hard limitations that would require a more substantial effort to update, and with End of Dragons around the corner we just don’t have the time it would take to correct these anytime soon. 

I guess that storing the dyes per outfit falls under those hard limitations, doesn't it? Having to re-apply dyes after each switch disencourages using multiple outfits, and, by extension, buying many of them. 😉

• Like 2