[PvP] The Stancebeast Roamer

Downstate.4697

I have been running this build for half of the ranked season, mostly sitting in gold and can say this build is viable as a roamer.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAExflRweYeMImJW0W5P1BEB-zZILBPHA

How does it compare to thief and what are its strengths and weaknesses? Glad you asked.

The amount of leaps and evades makes this highly mobile. Faster than daredevils in some situations

High kill potential with f5+axe combo to end 1v1s quickly. Also decent damage with greatsword hitting around 5k.

Flexibility with quick draw. Its great and can give more damage, more mobility and more blocks depending on the situation.

Decent team presence. The stance share and aoe damage is a great addition in mid to secure kills quickly or get out of dicey situations.

Its disadvantage to thief is lack of stealth so more predictable as a roamer.

It also has bad match ups with many side noders making it unfavorable in 1v1 situations.

Will this build be meta or succeed in platinum? It could, however, picking it over thief would be because you like the playstyle.

I would rather pick warhorn instead of axe for aoe daze and boons and take nature magic over beast mastery for greater survivability. And maybe take WS over skirmishing, would make you a lot more sturdy on those 1v1, lots more condi cleanse, dodges, muddy terrain on heal cast. The slow and cripple pulse is insane sometimes. Sure you can't proc so many blocks and mobility abilities, but you can take a bird instead of a canine and that's pretty much solved. But I like the idea of your build 😄 i just hate that we have to sit still to cast axe 5 when warrior can do pretty much the same without reflects but deals a duck ton of DMG while moving and spinning that axe.

Edited by Pedro Sequeira.3198

1 hour ago, Pedro Sequeira.3198 said:

I would rather pick warhorn instead of axe for aoe daze and boons and take nature magic over beast mastery for greater survivability. And maybe take WS over skirmishing, would make you a lot more sturdy on those 1v1, lots more condi cleanse, dodges, muddy terrain on heal cast. The slow and cripple pulse is insane sometimes. Sure you can't proc so many blocks and mobility abilities, but you can take a bird instead of a canine and that's pretty much solved. But I like the idea of your build 😄 i just hate that we have to sit still to cast axe 5 when warrior can do pretty much the same without reflects but deals a duck ton of DMG while moving and spinning that axe.

Its a roamer build, not a duelist. Axe takes getting used to for sure but when you hit for 15k on it and another 10k with elite it so hnnnng

On 10/4/2021 at 9:17 AM, anduriell.6280 said:

What do you mean with "roamer" in sPvP? 

A roamer in pvp is one that seeks out to +1 and add to fights so you can finish them off quicker. Mobile damage dealers, essentially. Power Herald and various thief builds being the common ones.

On 10/4/2021 at 2:17 AM, anduriell.6280 said:

Why rune of the thief? 

What do you mean with "roamer" in sPvP? 

Rune of thief because it offered more consistent damage vs scholar and eagle. It plays well with sword and axe with flank damage and lets me take intelligence sigil off greatsword. Feel free to change it.

What I mean by roamer is the+1 to secure kills, usually with higher mobility options to get around the map.

Edited by FrownyClown.8402

14 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Rune of thief because it offered more consistent damage vs scholar and eagle. It plays well with sword and axe with flank damage and lets me take intelligence sigil off greatsword. Feel free to change it.

What I mean by roamer is the+1 to secure kills, usually with higher mobility options to get around the map.

ah i see, that role i know as +1. That build you are using seems very disjointed

Rune of the thief is not a good choice because it has condition damage which is stats wasted in your build. 

Why do you think thief is more consinstent than eagle? 

Edited by anduriell.6280

3 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

ah i see, that role i know as +1. That build you are using seems very disjointed

Rune of the thief is not a good choice because it has condition damage which is stats wasted in your build. 

Why do you think thief is more consinstent than eagle? 

That was just based on comparing the damage on golems. Eagle had comparable damage and a bit more to targets below 50%. Its not necessary for the build, I just prefer the crit chance and flanking damage. What to you mean by disjointed?

22 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

That was just based on comparing the damage on golems. Eagle had comparable damage and a bit more to targets below 50%. Its not necessary for the build, I just prefer the crit chance and flanking damage. What to you mean by disjointed?

Eagle has the same additonal precission and better crit damage, while the 6th bonus is more consistent. I can understand about preffer flanking but What do you mean with the crit chance? You are missing the additonal ferocity damage Eagle provides. 

On 10/10/2021 at 1:08 AM, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Ill give it another look. My tests on golems had thief rune give out more consistent damage, but ill have to consider how often I am hitting from flank.

With melee weapons no much, because it the enemy will be facing you most of the time (with just using autoattack the character faces the target automatically). 

With LB i could see the flanking thing working better still Eagle will be better. 

However check out infiltration runes too, those may fit you better.