DX11: next patch when?

3 hours ago, Zera Allimatti.2541 said:

Maybe I've just been lucky, but I have had 0 major issues with DX11. I've had maybe 3 crashes that may or may not have anything to do with DX11, and there have been only very minor visual bugs that have since gone away. Are you sure your computer isn't just crap?

Wow. Dozens of people reporting the same thing (see link in my OP), but my new rig that I just built last year "is crap." I only have 35 years of experience with computers, you know? Perhaps your PC is "crap", since it's crashing on occasion? 😉

The fact that you have not experienced any issues while the majority of GW2 players have means they all have "crap computers"? 😂 Perhaps you haven't played any of the content that is more likely to have those issues (like WvW)? :classic_rolleyes:

Anyway, this is not supposed to be a DX11 discussion thread (I linked the respective topic, if you wish to insult people's hardware further). I was merely asking the devs for a time estimate on a patch. 🙂

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9

8 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Wow. Dozens of people reporting the same thing (see link in my OP), but my new rig that I just built last year "is crap." I only have 35 years of experience with computers, you know? Perhaps your PC is "crap", since it's crashing on occasion? 😉

The fact that you have not experienced any issues while the majority of GW2 players have means they all have "crap computers"? 😂 Perhaps you haven't played any of the content that is more likely to have those issues (like WvW)? :classic_rolleyes:

Anyway, this is not supposed to be a DX11 discussion thread (I linked the respective topic, if you wish to insult people's hardware further). I was merely asking the devs for a time estimate on a patch. 🙂

I didn't read anything in there that "accused" you (or anyone else) of having subpar equipment. The way I see it it was just a question, since we can't assume that everyone have up-to-date hard- and software. It MIGHT very well have been that you actually had an older computer with for example a bad graphics card that couldn't handle the load. Was it a well formulated question? No, not in my opinion - but it certainly didn't deserve the load of vitriol you dumped on it. Oh well.

Going back to the original question, I'm also looking for when the next DX11 patch will come, since I also had to turn it off after several severe issues - crashing and otherwise.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

I'm a win7 pleb, and the only issue I got was all the text being replaced with the tie-dye boxes. Performance was quite nice, outside of not being able to read a single word or number in the game. As such, I'm also looking forward to progress on DX11, since I had to disable it purely just to read information in the game.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

If  'dozens of people' comprise the 'majority of GW2 players', the game is in more trouble than DX11 Beta crashes, or lack thereof.  📿 :classic_wink:

😂 True that. However, I play WvW and am also active in a huge GW2 community guild and thus get to talk to a lot of different people every day, and they all have had similar issues under DX11 - all, like me, after the second patch, not the first one.

So I hope there will be another patch tomorrow that fixes the issue of said texture glitches.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 2

On 10/4/2021 at 8:03 PM, Dragana.1497 said:
New update tomorrow it seems.

That's great news - thanks for the heads-up! 😃

UPDATE: Well, it looks like the issue has been resolved. Day 2 and no texture glitches so far. 🙂 (Edit: I spoke too soon. Looks like many still have the glitches, as posted in the respective Bug thread. Perhaps I haven't played enough since the patch to be certain the bug no longer occurs.)

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1