New Thief Elite Preview.

Downstate.4697

That thing better has some mobility on 2.

1 hour ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Mediums are my only hope of a spec looking good to me.

Well what exactly do you want to get out them?

IMO they did a pretty good job with Harbinger but if you want to test that one like you said in the other thread then you should get yourself some legendary runes ready if you don't already have a set of them.

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Confused 4

The scepter in the image kind of makes me think it'll be some kind of thief+necro take on the class. Maybe steal turned into a stance/transformation skill with traits turning from "...on steal" to "your next attack applies..." after entering it.

Or maybe it's just a thief that slaps people with scepter just like dd does with staff 😜

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, RyuDragnier.9476 said:

Why? Almost every spec for Thief is DPS, why on Tyria do we need another one?

It's not so much about need, it's just that a full blown support e-spec trait line will have a hard time synergizing with the remaining traits. If it's "support" it likely won't be traditional support.

Edited by MrForz.1953
I can't spell.
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Tails.9372 said:

That thing better has some mobility on 2.

Well what exactly do you want to get out them?

IMO they did a pretty good job with Harbinger but if you want to test that one like you said in the other thread then you should get yourself some legendary runes ready if you don't already have a set of them.

Well I'm personally not that interested in the pve aspects as much as I am in 9 new ways of playing the game. So far clunkiness, lack of synergy, lack of a clear mechanic for some specs and the lack of an idea of what the playrbase may want (not just my thoughts, but also the toughts of people who supported other spec theories inside and outside the forums), on top of the forgotten balance for some classes leaves me with a very sour taste in my mouth that the beta specs won't get changed much. AS in, I don't see the studio putting the resources into making them very fluid. Ok that's been an issue with past specs, but this time I'd say it's more prevalent. I just want to see something and go WOW. SO far I haven't. And don't mistake me, I rly rly rly want to say wow. Leggy gotta wait, NW is a game that caught me by surprise and did't even know it existed until this summer's beta, when I didn't even play.

I'm very much hoping the mediums are getting specs I want to play with. I pray they do. Warrior is a lost cause.. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Tbh I play mostly guard and ele. I'm currently playingore NW than GW, but this preview is so nice.

I don't know the mechanics but there are two things that I love about this.

First of all the art is really nice, I want to play this character.

Second I love the concept of mage/thief. I always loved this archetype since I have read Jack of Shadows.

This is the first time I experience some hype for the new exp. I hope the preview will be cool!

• Like 4

If these speculations are true and this is somehow related to "Shadow" magic, then it's already disappointing. We already have Deadeye that synergizes with Shadow magic and stealth. 

Really hoping for a spec that synergizes with Critical Strikes. Which was the main attribute of the Assassin in Gw1. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, DragonSlayer.1087 said:

If these speculations are true and this is somehow related to "Shadow" magic, then it's already disappointing. We already have Deadeye that synergizes with Shadow magic and stealth. 

Really hoping for a spec that synergizes with Critical Strikes. Which was the main attribute of the Assassin in Gw1. 

Isn't deadeye already synergizing with critical strikes?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, DragonSlayer.1087 said:

That's the thing. Deadeye dabbles in shadow magic, but is still ultimately a sniper.

GW1 assassin had the potential to behave like a caster if you built for it.

This appears likely to be catering for that interpretation, rather than another 'dabbles in magic but the real weapon is still a conventional martial one' theme.

• Like 3

Looks very dark and edgy just how I like it. Just hope it has decent range aoes cuz I'm bored to death of shortbow and we're banned from Ricochet... And isn't a complete disaster like Catalyst XD

I'll be happy if all that red is Shadow Form to replace stealth. 😛 Cuz bleh, my Assassin never needed stealth in GW1. Need our tanky brawler style gameplay back that slaps away and endures attacks instead of hiding or dodging...

5 hours ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

I am hoping for it to be some kind of debuffer or DPS. If its support, its doomed.

Thief is currently already in a state of doom cuz no one wants it, not even for DPS right now because it's squishy and does nothing else useful for the group. Most of our weapon sets don't even do anything in PvE either.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 3

Okay, let's go to my alternatives:
1 - I was right and as I suspected this is a melee spec that won't even have 10% of the fun of my (perma-stealth) DeadEye.
2 - Maybe I'm wrong and the devs read the Korean manga "solo leveling" which shows us the story of a "thief" that evolves into a "necromancer" and starts summoning the enemies he kills to fight alongside him. (and this manga is one of the best sellers in the world).
3 - I'm totally wrong and this new spec will be the best spec ever shown so far. We're all going to cry with joy and A-net will have to let us test the spec on the same day as the trailer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1