AFK mob Farming

23 hours ago, Kurrilino.2706 said:

No idea how to answer that. The moment you turn on the game, you completely and 100% control your character.

It's not doing anything on it's own.

Mostly it does auto attack though but here and there i tap my toes on the spacebar to play the reaper minions

Not sure why that's hard to answer.  It's a straight forward question.

"It's not doing anything on it's own."

"Mostly it does auto attack...."

Those two statements contradict each other.

"The moment you turn on the game, you completely and 100% control your character."

This is flat out false.  I see lots of players who are nowhere near 100% in control of their character.  I see lots of players using in-game mechanics to automate farming.

What do you mean when you say you tap your toes on the spacebar to play the minions?  What action to you have the spacebar tied to?

Edited by Bollocks.4078
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Bollocks.4078 said:

"The moment you turn on the game, you completely and 100% control your character."

This is flat out false.  I see lots of players who are nowhere near 100% in control of their character.  I see lots of players using in-game mechanics to automate farming.

No, your statement is inaccurate.  Logging in to the game, selecting a character and then doing nothing is still 100% controlling the character.  You, as a player, are choosing to do nothing.  The game doesn't then start moving your character around or using skills.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Bollocks.4078 said:

Not sure why that's hard to answer.  It's a straight forward question.

"It's not doing anything on it's own."

"Mostly it does auto attack...."

Those two statements contradict each other.

What do you mean when you say you tap your toes n the spacebar to play the minions?  What action to you have the spacebar tied to?

What you wrote is so wrong, i have no idea where to start.

When i turn on a game, i completely control my character 100%.

What people do with their chars is absolutely not of your business. If someone decides to park their characte in  beautiful environment and just stand there doing nothing but watching scenery is still controlling the char 100%

If i decide to park a Necro somehwere and assign auto attack to spawn minions, i still control the char 100%

Just for the case you didn't know, you can also redo the keybinding. I assigned spacebar to be my attack #7

where i have the reaper minions also known as "Rise".

As you already mentioned, most of the time the char does it's auto attack and here and there i tap the spacebar with my feet up the table.

All that still means i control my char 100% doesn't matter you like that play style or not.

If all those people upset you, i strongly advice to contact A-Net and talk to them about rule changes.

What's not cool is that you run around and criminalize random people without shred of evidence or proof just because they don't play like you want them to

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/3/2021 at 12:12 AM, hiyares.7924 said:

Really should be since it just gives gold sellers free reign to do whatever they want. 

There are reasons why you can have multiple accounts;

• First and foremost, they can't do anything about it. Action can be taken about multibox bot spamming, but not about legit players with lots of accounts - that's why the cliched "Chinese gold farmers" were so successful.
  • Secondly, greed. It's not in their interest to do anything about it - unless people like the OP and those of similar opinion might quit because of it.

On 10/6/2021 at 4:03 PM, Kurrilino.2706 said:

You are kinda misunderstanding how reality works.

You purely assume they are using macro's without any shred of proof or even evidence.

I understand in reality its extremely simple to macro a series of commands thru your mouse and or keyboard. Most devices come now with these as everyday practice. I also know people that have done this, whether or not I agree with them, its done. Standing farmers are not an issue, people that are actual AFK farmers are. The OP proving someone is a standing or AFK farmer is not an issue. That's why there are GMs, that's their job. Again, for any here that are 'standing farmers' its not an issue, you will be there to respond to the GM when they whisper you so you are good. So why are people here supporting the bots and AFK farmers like their game life depends on it? Player raised an issue, let them do so, make your counter points and move on. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I understand in reality its extremely simple to macro a series of commands thru your mouse and or keyboard. Most devices come now with these as everyday practice. I also know people that have done this, whether or not I agree with them, its done. Standing farmers are not an issue, people that are actual AFK farmers are. The OP proving someone is a standing or AFK farmer is not an issue. That's why there are GMs, that's their job. Again, for any here that are 'standing farmers' its not an issue, you will be there to respond to the GM when they whisper you so you are good. So why are people here supporting the bots and AFK farmers like their game life depends on it? Player raised an issue, let them do so, make your counter points and move on. 

Nobody here is defending AFK farming in any kind of shape or form.

We all agree to that.

What we don't agree is accusing someone of rule breaking actions without any shred of evidence.

It would be way better to call our group standing farmers in general.

As soon as you call someone bot or AFK you will have to prove it.

Why?

A) because you are a descend human being

B) You violate 2 rules of conduct

4. In connection with our Services, you may not post or link to any sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, DEFAMATORY, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or objectionable in a reasonable person’s view imagery or content

7. You may not violate any local, state, national, or international laws or regulations in connection with your use of the Services.

(And our constitution clearly states that someone is innocent until proven guilty. 6th Amendment , if you want to look it up)

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Kurrilino.2706 said:

What you wrote is so wrong, i have no idea where to start.

When i turn on a game, i completely control my character 100%.

What people do with their chars is absolutely not of your business. If someone decides to park their characte in  beautiful environment and just stand there doing nothing but watching scenery is still controlling the char 100%

If i decide to park a Necro somehwere and assign auto attack to spawn minions, i still control the char 100%

Just for the case you didn't know, you can also redo the keybinding. I assigned spacebar to be my attack #7

where i have the reaper minions also known as "Rise".

As you already mentioned, most of the time the char does it's auto attack and here and there i tap the spacebar with my feet up the table.

All that still means i control my char 100% doesn't matter you like that play style or not.

If all those people upset you, i strongly advice to contact A-Net and talk to them about rule changes.

What's not cool is that you run around and criminalize random people without shred of evidence or proof just because they don't play like you want them to

But are you 100% actively controlling your character at all times?

Nobody at all has said anything against a char standing idle.  Nobody cares about chars standing idle.  Nobody cares about players who are actively farming.  I know what I have observed some players doing and I know it violates the rules.  I know exactly why nothing happens to them and it's not because they are not breaking the rules.

You can put clothes and detergent in a washing machine and turn it on but that doesn't mean you are actively washing clothes.  The machine is actively washing the clothes.  

You can use a radar detector to know when to slow down so you don't get a ticket for speeding.  That doesn't mean you aren't breaking the rules.  It just means you know how to not get caught.

So, are you 100% actively controlling your character at all times except maybe for very brief and rare exceptions?

You seem to be putting a lot of effort into demonizing me and others in an attempt to deflect from what we are really getting at.  If you're not doing anything wrong (and I'm not saying you are) then why are you so worried about this discussion?

Are you willing to have an open and honest discussion about this?  I'm trying to understand what you are doing and how it compares to the rules.

Are you saying that while you are reading or studying for a cert your char doesn't kill anything except when you 100% actively in control of your character?  Can you do your stand still farming while reading or studying on any other classes besides a minion master necro?

Earlier you said 'I am well aware how idle and auto kicking works since i am a veteran standing farmer."  So if you are actively playing why would idle and auto kicking even come into play?

People on the forums are 100% allowed to have opinions and to discuss those opinions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3