Every festival, I get festival panic

notebene.3190

I haven’t completed any festival since Lunar this year and I’ve never missed a meta prior to that since launch. I’ll do a bit of Halloween this year, but I’ve broken the urge to login daily and play a festival to death. Think I did half hour of Four Winds.

I used to have that day one drive though, so I get the feeling

• Like 3

5 hours ago, notebene.3190 said:

Totally irrational, I'll get everything done, I'll get the meta done, yada yada, but every time a new festival starts, I get that first day panic. 😳

Same here. I always try to avoid looking at the achievements on the first day I'm playing a festival (which is not necessarily the first day it's up, Tuesdays are often busy for me) so I don't get too fixated on completing them and instead try to use that time to just run around and see bits of everything or do things I know I'll enjoy.

I usually don't get through the evening without looking at the achievements but at least if it's not the first thing I do and I've made a bit of progress by the time I look I'm feeling less rushed to complete them.

• Like 3

On 10/5/2021 at 10:38 AM, notebene.3190 said:

Totally irrational, I'll get everything done, I'll get the meta done, yada yada, but every time a new festival starts, I get that first day panic. 😳

Most of the time you can just do the dailies only and be able to complete all of the achievements required for the meta by the end of the festival. Anything that isn’t completed near the end can quickly be resolved. 

There are players who always do the dailies so this is the most efficient way as there’s no point in grinding out those achievements if you were already going to do everything needed for them through the dailies. 

• Like 1

Do everything Halloweeny on the first day, have the rest of the festival to do other achievements that you put off.

Like those hidden achievements that you never knew of. I spent today doing all hidden achievements in the Story Journal section. Come to think of it, I should check to see if there's any hidden holiday achievements.

Back when I first played, holidays were fun, in the same way that everything new was fun. New shiny things to look at. The novelty's worn off though. I did enjoy the books, including the hidden goldclaw one.

• Like 1

I'm just doing the annuals + dailies + permanent (some new got added there) achievements. Also daily racing/adventures. Other stuff gets ignored. Especially the Ascend to Madness and Mad Kind Says - boring and tedious - only get done when on daily. (Otherwise not worth it reward-wise.)

From the permanent stuff I still have the repeatable "open 50 doors" to do 1 time for the last 5 AP. Other things I finished last year. (Started 2019 again with Halloween for the first tim after 2013.)

• Like 1