Clock tower can't seem to get into the top

Kromork.2305

What am I doing wrong here. I manage to get up to the top of the clock tower jumping race, and on the last stairs you wait for the clock window to break by lightning of some kind. Every time I jump into it (after it has been broken, that is usually another turn of the tower that I am waiting after I get to the top) I seem to hit an invisible wall at the crack and just falling down and failing.
I have managed to get into the crack in the glass 1 out of 10 times now, and its frustrating. I have looked at youtube videos and they seem to jump fine into the crack without hitting a "wall". 
I could make a video with game capture in windows 10, but no idea how to post it if that is any help.

There lot of problems with the tower right now.
Tower parts break out of the tower stuck midair and don't fly out smoothly.
Sometimes it seems they are in position, but you fall through.
The final jump (usually you jump when the lightning hit the tower and window breaks) doesn't work. Neither when you jump when lightning hits, nor when you are directly in front of the window.

They did not just "fix" the last jump - they changed the timing of the entire tower and have broken a lot of stuff it seems.

13 minutes ago, LuRkEr.9462 said:

I got through on my second try, it felt somewhat normal but things did feel off (I probably do the tower like a hundred times a year.)

I've only done it the twice though so far, didn't experience any falling through things or glitches but timing felt off.

I also do it several hundred times - and the timing is definitely off.

• Like 1

Had this issue three times too; tried jumping as the hole was in front of me, tried jumping a little bit before too, and literally just "bump" straight against the hole and fall off.
Also had two platforms not being solid after being completely in place (after the long drop, waited for the platform to have finished moving, and still fell through); just abandoned there cause nope...

Also having issues this year.

In previous years I have been able to complete 5+ times per day with few failures and have extremely rarely missed the last jump as it was not difficult.

Timing is certainly off in 3 different places on my runs the final of which is the last jump into the tower. 6/6 failures regardless of timing.

Anet 10/05/2021—October 5 Release Notes:

• Adjusted the timing of the Mad King's Clock Tower to reduce tragic miscalculations on the final jump.
  • Reduced the delay time before intermediate chests in the Mad King's Clock Tower can be looted for a second time.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Nasbit.3240 said:

There lot of problems with the tower right now.
Tower parts break out of the tower stuck midair and don't fly out smoothly.
Sometimes it seems they are in position, but you fall through.
The final jump (usually you jump when the lightning hit the tower and window breaks) doesn't work. Neither when you jump when lightning hits, nor when you are directly in front of the window.

They did not just "fix" the last jump - they changed the timing of the entire tower and have broken a lot of stuff it seems.

"Tower parts break out of the tower stuck midair and don't fly out smoothly." - DX11 related (works smooth with dx9)

"Sometimes it seems they are in position, but you fall through." - DX11, too.

"The final jump (usually you jump when the lightning hit the tower and window breaks) doesn't work. Neither when you jump when lightning hits, nor when you are directly in front of the window." - Instance based desync - can fix with switching to another instance.

Can someone confirm the dx11-problems? (so that its better with dx9, and having it with dx11?) @LuRkEr.9462 Maybe?

22 minutes ago, Nasbit.3240 said:

"Tower parts break out of the tower stuck midair and don't fly out smoothly." - DX11 related (works smooth with dx9)

"Sometimes it seems they are in position, but you fall through." - DX11, too.

"The final jump (usually you jump when the lightning hit the tower and window breaks) doesn't work. Neither when you jump when lightning hits, nor when you are directly in front of the window." - Instance based desync - can fix with switching to another instance.

Can someone confirm the dx11-problems? (so that its better with dx9, and having it with dx11?) @LuRkEr.9462 Maybe?

I didnt have any animation issues but I for sure had the glass break/desync issue or what ever it is. I have done the tower many times it was consistently not letting me into the shattered clock face. I only tried one instance, but I jumped for it 4-5 times before I gave up convinced it was some change made to the tower.

32 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

I didnt have any animation issues but I for sure had the glass break/desync issue or what ever it is. I have done the tower many times it was consistently not letting me into the shattered clock face. I only tried one instance, but I jumped for it 4-5 times before I gave up convinced it was some change made to the tower.

yeah changing instance or relogging entirely helps with the desync.

I have also spoken with some others that jump straight against the wall at final jump on my screen (and also did not get in) and I asked them - they jumped into the window on their screen - but as said did not get in.

Just for research: You use dx9 or dx11? (For animation issue)

edit: kitten, that desync problem is for A LOT of people, I have 1-2 people desynced per instance. (Not me, but others jumping against the wall, not the window). I have to tell almost every round someone that he/she is desynced and should try join another instance.

Edited by Nasbit.3240

17 hours ago, LuRkEr.9462 said:

I got through on my second try, it felt somewhat normal but things did feel off (I probably do the tower like a hundred times a year.)

I've only done it the twice though so far, didn't experience any falling through things or glitches but timing felt off.

Well it was fine after release but I went back for the daily and got one of them bugged instances. The platform after the big jump down wasn't becoming solid for anyone in the instance. Relogged into a different instance and it was fine.

• Like 1