Mesmer Chaos Vortex fixed "bug" should be a feature

AquaBR.9250

Mesmer

Mirage

• Chaos Vortex: Fixed a bug in which alacrity was being granted in a circle around the targeted enemy rather than around the casting mesmer.

So... keep in mind staff is a ranged weapon, that you have to play in melee because of how small the alac radius is(stacking, the thing people complain since launch), Chaos Vortex should grant the alac around you and around the targeted enemy, so mesmers don't need to be glued to de boss. And tons of other skills should also work that way for us to reduce the need to stack.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Yes and this would kill any and all use of the staff in WvW.

Oh but i forgot, Raids are the only content that exists in GW2... 🙄

Well, maybe CM fractals too.

Just facetank the boss like everyone else. Other ranged and melee classes give boons around themselves anyway, so you need to be where everyone else is for boons to work anyway. You going away from the group just gets you killed. That's how the game works, it is what it is, but you'd get no benefit of 1) not giving yourself alacrity by staying away from its radius and 2) not getting your group's boons.

This was a bug, and i'm glad its fixed.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Yes and this would kill any and all use of the staff in WvW.

Oh but i forgot, Raids are the only content that exists in GW2... 🙄

Well, maybe CM fractals too.

Just facetank the boss like everyone else. Other ranged and melee classes give boons around themselves anyway, so you need to be where everyone else is for boons to work anyway. You going away from the group just gets you killed. That's how the game works, it is what it is, but you'd get no benefit of 1) not giving yourself alacrity by staying away from its radius and 2) not getting your group's boons.

This was a bug, and i'm glad its fixed.

They said

Chaos Vortex should grant the alac around you and around the targeted enemy,

So you get both features at the same time.  The title is just worded poorly.

As long as the two instances of the effect don't stack, I'm cool with it.

(would also just prefer a MUCH larger radius, but that's my feeling for all team buffs)

(That being said, bets on this not being caught in their testing because anet can't POSSIBLY think of wanting to play ranged, so it looked normal on their end while they were meleeing their golem?  Anet, please work on your blindspot.)

Edited by Roda.7468

1 minute ago, Roda.7468 said:

They said

So you get both features at the same time.  The title is just worded poorly.

As long as the two instances of the effect don't stack, I'm cool with it.

(would also just prefer a MUCH larger radius, but that's my feeling for all team buffs)

Ok, but you're still not getting anyone elses boons from that, healing and cleanses etc. 

Plus, we all know Anet would deem that OP and take away something from us that matters so, i don't really see the benefit, even if Anet "allows" it. 

The game's core design is like that, everyone has to stack to get benefit from each other. There's no other way, and just one class that can give boons to others when not stacked isn't making a difference if they're dead because they weren't stacked and didn't recieve boons, heals and clenses....

No, Anet would have to redesign the entire system of boonshare to enable ranged classes to move away from the group..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Anet would have to redesign the entire system of boonshare to enable ranged classes to move away from the group..

Haha, yes please.

That or they can stop pretending range gameplay is an option in pve and just adjust all the weapons to only work in melee.  At least so we know stackwars2 is the only intended way to blind yours- I mean play the game.

Edited by Roda.7468
Just because it's obvious why something sucks doesn't mean it's justified. Just because it's work to fix something doesn't mean it's not worth it. Anet overhauls core gameplay mechanics all the time. This would be no different.
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Roda.7468 said:

Haha, yes please.

That or they can stop pretending range gameplay is an option in pve and just adjust all the weapons to only work in melee.  At least so we know stackwars2 is the only intended way to blind yours- I mean play the game.

There you go, we found the root of the problem. 😉