Is Tower Jumping required for the new achievement? (optional now)

Bugabuga.9721

I think that tying making a player complete an impossible task is a real sorry move. There are those of us who dont have 23 and 1/2 hours to spend on either trying to get the jp or even trying to get the first chest. I cant even make it to that. And then to get the achievement you have to reach it 100 times. Bad form. I loved Guild Wars 2 but more and more making it impossible to get achievements. You should think of ALL your players and not the few who have, hours and hours everyday to play. I will not spend any more money on this game and am looking for something else and will take my guild with me. Lots of unhappy peeps there. 

• Confused 3

38 minutes ago, MRSKITTY.1682 said:

I think that tying making a player complete an impossible task is a real sorry move. There are those of us who dont have 23 and 1/2 hours to spend on either trying to get the jp or even trying to get the first chest. I cant even make it to that. And then to get the achievement you have to reach it 100 times. Bad form. I loved Guild Wars 2 but more and more making it impossible to get achievements. You should think of ALL your players and not the few who have, hours and hours everyday to play. I will not spend any more money on this game and am looking for something else and will take my guild with me. Lots of unhappy peeps there. 

It wasn’t 100 completions. The first chest gives like 5 points. 

• Like 1

• Bugabuga.9721 changed the title to Is Tower Jumping required for the new achievement? (optional now)
54 minutes ago, MRSKITTY.1682 said:

Did you read the Patch Notes? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MRSKITTY.1682 said:

Firstly they've fixed it entirely by adding a chest at the bottom, before the puzzle even starts, which will take candy corn in exchange for progress on the achievement.

Secondly it never required 100 completions. It requires 100 'points' but even the first chest gives 5 points, meaning if you only use that one you only have to do it 20 times. I completed the entire achievement in 3 runs by getting to the top and picking up 2 of the 3 chests along the way. There were 3 failed runs when I got 1-2 of the lower chests but didn't get to the top, but I think at most it would take 4 successful runs to complete the achievement.

• Like 4

On 10/6/2021 at 2:05 AM, Danikat.8537 said:

"Try better" is rude and almost impressively unhelpful. I thought this community was better than that.

It's not surprising that many people have trouble with it, this is probably one of the hardest jumping puzzles in the game. If you're struggling here's some tips:

• I strongly recommend using Action Camera (you can set it to a keybinding in the options menu then use that to turn it on and off). With it on your camera will turn as you move the mouse without you needing to push any buttons. When you push forward (or turn on auto-run) your character will run in whichever direction the camera is pointing, so you can then complete the jumping puzzle with the mouse and 2 keys (forward and jump).
  • I also recommend zooming the camera out so you can see a wide area. I set Field of View to about half and then zoom the camera all the way out. Sometimes the tower will get in the way, but there's far more times when being able to see around you is helpful.
  • There's a few points where you may have to wait for platforms to appear and one point where you have to drop down to continue. If other players are around watch what they're doing, if there's more than one person just standing still wait and see what happesn. If you don't see other players often enough to follow their lead you can watch videos to spot these points or learn them by trial and error.
  • If you get to the top you'll need to wait for the tower to rotate to the window and for lightning to strike it before you can get in. If you didn't see that happen assume it hasn't happened yet. Depending on your connection, FPS and some other things you may have to jump as the lighting strikes, but you don't need to hit the window dead-on. (I usually jump so realistically my character would get a face full of broken glass, smack her shoulder into the wall and fall, but she gets in.)
  • It sounds contradictory but take your time. The time limit isn't as strict as it seems (you can even be a little way into the green water without being kicked out) so it's worth taking a few seconds to get a jump right rather than chancing it. Even if you aren't able to make it to the top this time practicing a tricky jump so you can do it next time is more worthwhile than panicking and jumping without thinking, hoping for the best.
  • Even if you can do it you will mess up sometimes. I've completed it 43 times since the annual achievements were added and many times before that and screwed up completely countless times in between. Tonight I completed it twice in a row, then failed 3 times in a row (once just slipping off the side of a beam as I ran along), then I finished it it again. I know I'm not the only person who is inconsistent at it, I think it would be rarer to find someone who genuinely completes it every single time they try.

I have just given up this content is not for me if i try it one more time and fail i have to buy a new computer and a window class because this one goes straight through the window

On 10/6/2021 at 5:03 PM, wondermuffin.9680 said:

The worst part for me is having to wait a good 30 seconds to a minute between each try/fail. Getting better at the jumping puzzle is a matter of practice, but if you keep forcing me to wait a minute or so between each attempt, then I'll get bored quite fast and go do something else. 

This. I'd probably do it if I could actually spend at least as much time practicing it as waiting for the next opportunity to practice it. As things are, though... the wait is too short for it to be practical to do something else, but long enough to be frustrating.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...