Every single time I dismount while in combat (which is generally the use of dismount skills) my pet is stowed and I have to merge with my pet to get it to appear. This is an awful bug and I'd love for this to get fixed again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I was just writing this when notified you'd already posted here with this annoying bug.

To help clarify:

When the character dismounts using a damage skill 'key 1' the pet does not activate if damage to NPCs occurs (ie: stowed) and cannot be activated until out of combat.

If damage occurs after the pet has already activated such as with a Skyscale key 1, then the pet activates.

If the character enters soulbeast while in this condition and then exits soulbeast, the pet will be activated.

This happens in both open world and WvW using a warclaw, basically a big nerf for WvW soulbeast players.

• Thanks 1

Yes, can confirm this as well. Pet gets stowed when mounted, and keeps being stowed when unmounting with a mount damage skill. MrGarlic above might be right that it's needed to do damage to something to keep being stowed, I haven't had a chance to try that yet.

Weird, possibly related bug: when the Elon Riverlands doppelganger uses its pull ability (Tail Spin?) on you, it swaps your pet. Happens every time when it chooses me on my soulbeast ranger.

Edited by Dreggon.6598

I don't need to attack anything to have this happen. Soulbeast build on my raptor, walk over to a mob and aggro it, regular dismount (not tail swipe), pet is stowed and can't be brought out until I'm out of aggro.

• Like 1

It also stows when I get transformed, and then transform back, for costume brawl, which happens a lot now during halloween season. The bug has been happening on and off for years, but for the past couple of days it has become to ubiquitous that my pet is stowed with no chance to activate than it is not.