[Game Crash] during Choya Piñata on Dragonhunter

This keeps happening everytime since Tuesday's patch!

Tried this several times (the second time with DX11 deactivated), and it crashes always at the same moment, namely when I attack the Piñata.

*--> Crash <--*
Assertion: [DEBUG] D:\Perforce\Live\NAEU\v2\Code\Arena\Engine\Gr\Bgfx\External\bgfx\src\bgfx.cpp:3870: Invalid handle. blit/dst TextureHandle handle: 65535 (max 8192)  
File: D:\Perforce\Live\NAEU\v2\Code\Arena\Engine\Gr\Bgfx\BgfxUtils.cpp(159)
App: Gw2-64.exe
Pid: 11492
BaseAddr: 00007FF6ABBF0000
ProgramId: 101
Build: 120381
When: 2021-10-06T16:20:59Z 2021-10-06T18:20:59+02:00
Uptime:   0 days  1:35:59
Flags: 0
DumpFile: Crash.dmp

The rest of the report was sent via bug report.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1

• Ashantara.8731 changed the title to Choya Piñata crashes since last patch

UPDATE for the DEVS:

Day 3: This keeps happening everytime I am attempting to do the Piñata on my Dragonhunter. I just did it without crashing on my Scourge.

I assume it must be one of the skills, likely Symbol of Resolution, that - once activated - crashes the game immediately during this event.

Edited by Ashantara.8731

• Ashantara.8731 changed the title to [Game Crash] during Choya Piñata on Dragonhunter

Last Update:

Event: Choya Piñata
Profession/Elite Spec: Dragonhunter
DirectX Mode: DX9, DX11
Error: Game Crash

I have tried Firebrand on the same character - no issue.
I have tried other Professions - no issue.

It is not a specific skill that causes the crash, I have tested that thoroughly today, but only the mere fact that I am using any skill on Dragonhunter to attack the Piñata.

I hope this can be looked into. Thank you.

2 hours ago, Rav.2094 said:

I'm having the same issue. It crashes consistently when trying to attack the pinata on my Renegade or core Warrior. Whether I use the bunny attack to open, or just auto-attack, it will crash.

Good to know it's not just Dragonhunter. Hmm... I guess I should have tried more than two others, but I didn't have the nerve. 😉

• 2 months later...

Not to necro this post, but it was the first one that came up. I've still had this issue consistently on my Holosmith and Soulbeast. The most recent one was on my Soulbeast, I was doing the springer opener but bumped Bond of Vigor and the game crashed. Usually, I crash before finishing the springer's attack animation, but I've also had it occur as soon as the first auto-cast of my first ability starts the animation.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...