Jump to content
  • Sign Up

are the spiritwatch achievements supposed to be impossible to get?


Jojo.6140

Recommended Posts

Mainly doing this thread because im mad and wanna get off some of that frustration. But srsly, wtf is this?

Most of the time the map doesnt even show up on the map-vote. When it does, it gets like 1 or 2 votes including my own. Because god forbid being able to actually play on a map thats already rare because its not in ranked. Nope, better vote for eternal colisseum, because thats so exciting and didnt already get played like a million times.

I played around 6 hours of unranked pvp the last two days and only got to play the map once, and two people on my team just logged off so ofc we lost.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, anjo.6143 said:

No pvper cares about it and most of us get frustrated (really mad), when someone chooses that really bad map

For the record, I don't like the map either, but I've never understood why it gets so much hate. It's kind of like Temple of the Silent Storm (all the elevation changes and platforms) crossed with the general layout of Forest of Nifhel (2 close nodes and mid hard to get to except by going past your home node). But both Temple and Forest are staple maps in Ranked PvP...so what's the problem? Is it felt that the spirit orb mechanic is too quirky or something?

Edited by CalmTheStorm.2364
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

For the record, I don't like the map either, but I've never understood why it gets so much hate. It's kind of like Temple of the Silent Storm (all the elevation changes and platforms) crossed with the general layout of Forest of Nifhel (2 close nodes and mid hard to get to except by going past your home node). But both Temple and Forest are staple maps in Ranked PvP...so what's the problem? Is it felt that the spirit orb mechanic is too quirky or something?


The map is too small and the mechanic is too silly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, anjo.6143 said:


The map is too small and the mechanic is too silly

Fair, but couldn't you make the same argument about Djinn's Dominion or Legacy of the Foefire--both of which have "silly" (or useless) mechanics and are smaller maps?

 

Again, I'm not trying to defend Spiritwatch; I'd definitely rather play other maps.  But it doesn't seem to be that different to me compared to some of the other maps in the rotation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

For the record, I don't like the map either, but I've never understood why it gets so much hate. It's kind of like Temple of the Silent Storm (all the elevation changes and platforms) crossed with the general layout of Forest of Nifhel (2 close nodes and mid hard to get to except by going past your home node). But both Temple and Forest are staple maps in Ranked PvP...so what's the problem? Is it felt that the spirit orb mechanic is too quirky or something?

Useless map mechanic (Djinn's Dominion level).

Side nodes don't have enough kitespots, so bad for sidenoders.

Classes with vertical mobility have huge advantage.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So you are one of that person who votes for SW! Shame on you!

 

Just kidding 😂 I honestly don't like the pvp in this map, but I like the look of the map. 

 

I think it's normal that people doesn't vote for this map, I don't vote for it too and it's annoying when this map is selected because I don't feel like improving my skills for the next competitive season.

 

I just wish that ANet take some time to revamp this map and fix it so it's playable in ranked as well...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most of us who played when map achivements were added got them right after, as people were voting for each map equally. Almost nobody is needing those achivements anymore, so people are back to voting for their favorites. I recommend getting a party together so you guys can better the odds with organised voting.

Edited by Bazsi.2734
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Fair, but couldn't you make the same argument about Djinn's Dominion or Legacy of the Foefire--both of which have "silly" (or useless) mechanics and are smaller maps?

 

Again, I'm not trying to defend Spiritwatch; I'd definitely rather play other maps.  But it doesn't seem to be that different to me compared to some of the other maps in the rotation.


I think many pvper also dislike djinns, I also dislike it. At least it is a straight map, but I would let it go too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

I like spirit watch and vote for it every time it comes up even though I have all the achievements. Bring it to ranked please.

hell no, its fun as a troll map that you play once every 500 games.
side-nodes have kitten for kiting, vertical mobility is everywhere and makes some classes like warrior miserable, objective is stupid

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

For the record, I don't like the map either, but I've never understood why it gets so much hate. It's kind of like Temple of the Silent Storm (all the elevation changes and platforms) crossed with the general layout of Forest of Nifhel (2 close nodes and mid hard to get to except by going past your home node). But both Temple and Forest are staple maps in Ranked PvP...so what's the problem? Is it felt that the spirit orb mechanic is too quirky or something?

The layout is bad it favours classes with high mobility and z axis teleport, so Only thief can enjoy the map to it fullest, everyone else  hast to bunker up and live basically on an island for the whole game or stack movement with the hope it will do anything to thieves. Even though the map isn't large the verticality makes it large and it becomes a chore to rotate on anything that doesn't have z axis mobility, the Djin map is almost the same yet it is better, since the layout allows constant fights, every node is close and can be contested at any time (the special is kinda bad though since it doesn't really hep you win). The Orb mechanic is just bad when you have nodes, they are constantly ticking  and the payoff is not there for the orb and the enemy team can just take it and cap it after it is dropped, also good luck sneaking in the orb vs organized team.
A fix that could make the map fine is just moving the spawn points next to the mid point like Capricorn, it will still be annoying to traverse but you will start out from the high ground .    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

The layout is bad it favours classes with high mobility and z axis teleport, so Only thief can enjoy the map to it fullest, everyone else  hast to bunker up and live basically on an island for the whole game or stack movement with the hope it will do anything to thieves. Even though the map isn't large the verticality makes it large and it becomes a chore to rotate on anything that doesn't have z axis mobility, the Djin map is almost the same yet it is better, since the layout allows constant fights, every node is close and can be contested at any time (the special is kinda bad though since it doesn't really hep you win). The Orb mechanic is just bad when you have nodes, they are constantly ticking  and the payoff is not there for the orb and the enemy team can just take it and cap it after it is dropped, also good luck sneaking in the orb vs organized team.
A fix that could make the map fine is just moving the spawn points next to the mid point like Capricorn, it will still be annoying to traverse but you will start out from the high ground .    

Makes sense. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...