I just want to thank you guys at Anet for the best event ever!

Xanadrine.4352

This it the first time I have played GW2 during the Mad King Halloween spooktacular! I had no idea what a fantastic festival you designed , I have played Dragon bash/4 winds/lunar. They are fun but dont even come close to this event, the labyrinth the race the clocktower, the atmosphere! The sky and moon are amazing btw. I absolutely love every thing in this festival, so thank you   😁👻🎃

P.S Thanks for the leveling weapon! 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Randulf.7614 said:

Halloween and Wintersday are def the best imo and that’s been the case since GW1 as well. It’s a shame the original Halloween story was removed, but otherwise it’s a festival I look forward to months in advance

Now im curious what was the original? I will get my first winters day to this year cant wait.

38 minutes ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

Now im curious what was the original? I will get my first winters day to this year cant wait.

It was the story of how the Bloody Prince got released from his imprisonment and became the rival and nemesis to his father. Wasn’t a huge amount to it, but we got a couple of instances. It was part of Living Story Season 1 and they removed it after Halloween ended in 2012

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

It’s a shame the original Halloween story was removed

Indeed. Even the banter between Mad King Thorn and his son, the Bloody Prince*, is no more. 😢 At least, the new dialogue between him and Joko is just as hilarious! 😆

By the way, huge thanks @ ANet for giving us a new questline to enjoy this year! 🥰

*) The poor Prince has been banned, or ribcaged, if you want, and pouting about it: https://i.imgur.com/51LqNUZ.jpg , https://i.imgur.com/Vi061v0.jpg

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Love the change with having Joko bantering with Thorn...funny stuff.  New achievements are enjoyable.  Love Madam Cookie and the mini!!! I was disappointed that she will not be visiting my home instance as a permanent cat but enjoyed the dialogue explaining why, and am quite happy with the mini candy corn cat trotting along through the Lab with me ❤️

• Like 1

I used to farm Mad King labyrynth every year since the beginning, it was a mix of having fun while earning money. I dont know what the hell has happened this year but the price of halloween lootbags is super low and I dont find any incentive to do the labyrynth.

Maybe people is to used to the same skins in the vendors and dont buy candy corns or bags... this is dead

• Confused 4

Halloween was the first festival after GW2 launch. Since I couldn't quite decide which profession to (mainly) play I had 8 characters (one of each proefession) around level 20-25 and still managed to complete the scavenger hunt for the backpiece on all of them. Good times!

Since then Halloween has always been my favorite festival in game.  

Edited by xlion.3065
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

I barely do anything else now when im on lol I love this holiday!!! Can we keep it! 

Me neither.  The Labyrinth is my favorite way to get into the Halloween spirit!  Awesome of Anet to run the festival for a full 35 days, also... Lots and lots of time to build candy corn cobs for the new stuff and enjoy the new storyline.  😻

• Like 2

Halloween has always been Anet's best designed holiday festival ever since GW1. I think it was the first one they did, and the went all out on the first iteration.

I love SAB, and Dragon Bash as well. FotFW I like, but doesn't hold my attention for the duration of the festival. Lunar and Wintersday I've never felt compelled to do in GW2, but I liked them in GW1.

• Like 2

The Halloween festival was my first Guild Wars event over 12 years ago back in GW1. I still remember getting all excited when Mad King Thorn picked me out in Kamadan to play rock, paper, scissors. I look forward to it and Wintersday all year. I love the decorations, atmosphere, music, activities etc. 

Side note, I hate Gourdgrinder 😡

• Like 2

I always enjoy this festive - clock tower and beetle race are my favorites.  I also want to echo something I saw in another thread and thank ANet for several QoL additions this year.  (I noticed, for instance that the candy corn gunk that give stability during the Viscount fight is much easier to see and marked with blue circles.  Been tons of fun so far

• Like 1