Abrasive Grit doesn't grant might on barriers anymore !?

Zhaid Zhem.6508

I know it wasn't listed in tooltip but the trait still granted mights until these days, I suppose it has been "fixed" with last patch ... 😪
But honestly I'm a bit keen on the interest of the trait now. At least in pve. Most of support scourges play the well of blood, and even the condi cleanse on barrier .... f2 exists too (and other sources with necro) ; it wasn't much, but the addition of might with barrier made the trait interesting.

The trait have been changed so it's point is allowing sand flare to provide barrier to 5 targets (and it itself it's what make it worth playing now). It would have been a bit to much to expect that the devs would keep both the might and the cleanse on top of that for an adept trait.

Keep in mind that I'm not saying that what they did to the trait is "fair", they could have put the sand flare thing onto desert empowerment (which was a better fit thematically) but, well, it's just 1 blow out of many blows to the Scourge since it's release. I believe at this point losing might on giving barrier with, specifically, scourge skills is but a drop of water in the ocean.

• Like 1

You got quite a bit might with BiP and torch 5 already. But I get your poit.

10 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

The explanation, if I recall, was to give more differentiation between DPS and support Scourge choices. Not sure if the change actually did that, but ... 

Not really, the barrier was never really necessary since there is a lot remaining with F1 spam and F3, with borderline no cooldown or cost whatsoever.

The trait should include more. Like granting barrier to yourself grants them to allies as well (with the exception of F5).

But then again just nerf the damage by like 20% and keep all your hybrid support with it.

3 hours ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

If barriers spam (or the whole rez machine) weren't that necessary at least you brought mights on them. You felt a bit less useless.
That's why the trait on torch is almost "better" on a support scourge now. Abrasive grit lacks a little thing IMO to be determining for support.

In pvp/wvw, that's more personnal but I rarely use sand fare neither, so I won't really talk about these modes.

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508

5 hours ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

Not really, the barrier was never really necessary since there is a lot remaining with F1 spam and F3, with borderline no cooldown or cost whatsoever.

The trait should include more. Like granting barrier to yourself grants them to allies as well (with the exception of F5).

But then again just nerf the damage by like 20% and keep all your hybrid support with it.

I wasn't a fan of that change, but it didn't have any profound effect IMO. 

Edited by Obtena.7952