Festival Location

DemonCrypto.6792

Hello,

I'm a fairly festival enjoyer personne.

But recently i feel like we are missing something about this festival. After looking at the map i saw two capital, charr and sylvaris, with no festival of their own and in the other side divinity reach with 3ish to herself.

So camarade I'm instigating a cheering of this festivities.
Or the use of this maps in other "new" festival,

because seriously I would love to see the great tree of the grove becoming a gigantic wintersday tree 

Give us your best idea and worst for the festivalising of these maps without one !!!

• Like 1

Charrs have a year-round Meatoberfest. Other than that though, I don't really see charrs being ones for festivals. They are all about war, war, and more war. The sylvari are all about peace and tranquility, so I also don't see them having festivals. So maybe they don't have any festivals because it clashes with their nature.

That was true for charrs but they don't have dragon problem anymore and the gohst  problem is managed, and for the sylvaris ,yes they like tranquility but not all off them, and the death off modremoth is a great thing of their race, maybe inoff too celebrate.

And yes there maybe needed to edit the maps a little but that's not a really big deal in front of the total map change of the lions arch and the redesign of the big hole of divinty reach (i miss the old version a little).

• Like 1

I just think it's still a waste to not give a little something more to this maps.
festivals could be fun for breathing more life to these maps like the other capitals.
And seriously their is potential into the grove like the giant tree and multiple  stage of the map.
and the arena is unused in the black citadel (except during personnal story) . a waste of potential i think.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The only thing I always thought WoW (at least, years ago; I don't know if it's still this way) did better than GW (1 or 2) was that, during festivals, there were decorations all over the world.  That might be going too far for Guild Wars, but I do wish that the main cities were all completely decorated for the festivals, except maybe Adventure Box.  I mean, even Divinity's Reach is only decorated in localized sections for festivals, and the token "thing by the door" of the other cities suggests that the other cities do actually celebrate the festival.  Just decorations, nothing else, and just in the cities.  Just to make the festivals feel a little less totally localized.  Even in Guild Wars 1, the entire city was decorated for the festival, not just one small part of it.

• Like 1