What Am I Missing? It feels like Thief Hate

Jitters.9401

23 hours ago, DeceiverX.8361 said:

I'm really confused.  Your OP is about how you get slammed when someone reveals you, despite absolutely running a high-stealth build.  And please, do not even try convincing me running SR+BP is a "low stealth" build lol.

Thief is balanced around that because without these counters thanks to sustained stealth on SA D/P DrD, the class is OP.  Full stop.

If you don't like it, reroll, because ANet seems hellbent on keeping these trash mechanics that require the counters in the first place; I.E. sustained stealth builds.

it is both funny and sad how many people did not even understand the whole purpose of my post. Funny because it was all under one question "Am I missing something" attached to a very simple statement.

Sad because it was such a simple question. "Am I missing Something"?

Attached Statement   "It Feels Like Thief Hate". I never once said it was thief hate. Learn to read before saying people need to l2p.

1v1 I have yet to be beat since I changed my build a few of weeks ago. And no, it is not a high stealth build. I only use stealth for emergencies. Hence... not a high stealth.  Especially when you get 1 or 2 seconds of stealth on a 48 second cooldown, and 1 or 2 seconds of stealth on a 32 second cooldown.

If you look at Eternal Battlegrounds.... Bottom Right of the map. Langor ,Danelon, Quentin... that bit of water. I was on the east side of the water... so no where close to any guard/keep/tower and I was revealed by a guard. This is what I have been talking about. The reveal being to overpowered. 

Towers can mark. Guards after death give you marked for 20 seconds. 

My Playstyle. like I said. my two stealth skills are for emergency. I win almost every fight using just Blinding Powder". Sometimes  I do not even need that. I made my build to kill dragon hunters who put me on a long reveal and I have yet to lose to one since I made the change.

Not sure where that guy got the "get slammed" bit. I have not lost a 1v1 fight in weeks. The whole post was about the reveal mechanic being too abundant.

I think the lack of comprehension is how other thieves play compared to how I play. I do not just roam the sidelines. I am in the middle of the enemy zergs, and fighting the enemy at their keep steps.  so perhaps the majority of thieves do not see the reveal nearly as much as i do.

Last... if you lose to a deadeye, you are really really bad. I have yet to have one survive more than 8 seconds in a fight with me.

This will be my last read and post on this topic since the majority of people could not even understand 2 simple things.

"Am I Missing Something?"

"Feels like thief hate"      Key Word.. "like"

I think 1 or two people addressed what I was actually wondering about. The rest need to improve reading skills.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

On 10/9/2021 at 5:21 AM, Fueki.4753 said:

Stealth is an incredibly unfair and unfun mechanic to play against. Any negative sentiment towards builds relying on it are absolutely justified. However, this isn't exclusive to Thief, as, for example, Trapper Rune Dragon Hunters are equally as disgusting as Stealth-humping Thieves.

I'd really welcome for Arenanet to rework parts of Thief and strongly diminish is needlessly high reliance (and access) of stealth.

Also, Stealth is not the main mechanic of Thief. Steal is its main mechanic.

All Thief weapons get special Stealth attacks. It is absolutely a core mechanic of Thief. 

Might as well argue Mirage dodge isn't a core Mirage mechanic.

• 2 weeks later...

ANET got it right in GW1 with the Assassin class - no stealth, lots of mobility.  Then they broke the mold. 😞

Stealth shouldn't be in these games as a major mechanic, just a few "once a minute" type skills.  But it is what it is, and we have to deal with it.

Btw, I don't "main" anything, and enjoy my thief.  I just understand where the hate comes from.

• Like 1