How do I run dungeons?

The group finder has a sub section for dungeons.

Once you have your group assembled, move onto the map the dungeon is located in.

If one member of the group enters the dungeon, every other group member on the map gets the option to teleport into the dungeon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I honestly cannot fathom why we are close to 2022 and still do not have a dungeon group finder tool instead of just letting it rot away as dead content.

So what if fractals are the priority? So what if we will never see another dungeon? Just let people who want to do them get the chance. It's kind of embarassing that an mmo staple is regarded as dead content that close to no one will do when it's a great tool for both social aspect, mechanics teaching and just all round general fun breakup of leveling.

Give a dungeon finder tool like pvp.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Healy.9537 said:

I honestly cannot fathom why we are close to 2022 and still do not have a dungeon group finder tool instead of just letting it rot away as dead content.

So what if fractals are the priority? So what if we will never see another dungeon? Just let people who want to do them get the chance. It's kind of embarassing that an mmo staple is regarded as dead content that close to no one will do when it's a great tool for both social aspect, mechanics teaching and just all round general fun breakup of leveling.

Give a dungeon finder tool like pvp.

Why is it so hard to use the dungeon section in the lfg?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Why is it so hard to use the dungeon section in the lfg?

Why is it so hard to understand that barely anyone uses it?

Why is it so hard to understand that the people who dungeon content is aimed at in my post probably don't even know the lfg exists.

Why is it so hard to comprehend that again, people who dungeons should be aimed at probably don't even know where the dungeon entrance is, have way points near it or any idea how to get to it.

Why be obnoxiously obtuse and dismissive of a feature that would improve participation to content that otherwise sees next to no one use it.

You can barely use the lfg to fill groups for a lot of max level current content unless it's a meta or hp train never mind content that's been dead for years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Healy.9537 said:

Why is it so hard to understand that barely anyone uses it?

Why is it so hard to understand that the people who dungeon content is aimed at in my post probably don't even know the lfg exists.

Why is it so hard to comprehend that again, people who dungeons should be aimed at probably don't even know where the dungeon entrance is, have way points near it or any idea how to get to it.

Why be obnoxiously obtuse and dismissive of a feature that would improve participation to content that otherwise sees next to no one use it.

You can barely use the lfg to fill groups for a lot of max level current content unless it's a meta or hp train never mind content that's been dead for years.

Then maybe they should explore the game abit more and find all that stuff.

There might also be a point that dungeons bug out and Anet dont want to spend resources to fix them,.

So they try to bury them under new content.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/10/2021 at 11:11 PM, Healy.9537 said:

First dungeon is unlocked at lvl 30, right? Coincidentally, after leveling up to 29, there's a pop-up on the player's screen that informs them about the lfg tool. So if they still somehow "don't even know the lfg exists", it's because they made a choice to not read any information that's on their screen.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Tukaram.8256 said:

I have been playing since release (well since GW release even) but I play solo - and have never been in a GW2 dungeon. I have never looked at the LFG tool...  Am I missing anything?  😎

Just the story on how destinys edge got back together mate.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

As others have stated, use LFG. Also, it's really easy to find groups when it's the daily (generally speaking). I don't like the LFG tool per se, but I do wonder if that's why people are slightly nicer in GW2 instanced content than other MMOs: it takes actual effort/time wasted to form a party, so you don't want to bag your party at the first sign of trouble. 

Fair warning though: Arah is a VERY long and difficult dungeon. Do not do it unless you have AT LEAST 2 hours. Others are fine, and usually very fast. 

Edited by Firebeard.1746
  • Thanks 1

On 10/10/2021 at 9:16 PM, sostronk.8167 said:

LFG tool sucks and auto matching would be awesome.  Don't think Anet can afford to improve their game that much though.

LFG tool allows you to actually specify what you're doing and see what classes you have to work with in an existing group.

• Like 2

On 10/11/2021 at 3:16 AM, sostronk.8167 said:

LFG tool sucks and auto matching would be awesome.  Don't think Anet can afford to improve their game that much though.

If minimal reading and potentially typing to organize a 5 man group is to much for you, then your desire to experience the content was just not high enough.

Auto matchmaking tools are great at taking over and automating the most menial tasks. They come at the expense of social interaction, no matter how little it might be.

As seen with strikes though: they are neither needed in this game, nor beneficial or useful.

The LFG works just as well and the minimal effort required already filters out the least dedicated or disinterested, which most often is a boon/benefit to those which actually do manage to find their way to minimal reading and writing skills.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I would like to get some of the dungeon weapon skins, specifically the AC ones that glow at night. But I never see any groups for the explorable paths in LFG and when I tried to make one, only one other person joined.

I'm not sure how I should be going about getting some of those skins, the explorable paths aren't exactly easy to solo.

If it's dead content and Anet doesn't want to focus on it anymore why can't they just scale it down so it can be solo'd and then be done with it?

Edited by Kevvyfitz.7942

44 minutes ago, Kevvyfitz.7942 said:

I would like to get some of the dungeon weapon skins, specifically the AC ones that glow at night. But I never see any groups for the explorable paths in LFG and when I tried to make one, only one other person joined.

I'm not sure how I should be going about getting some of those skins, the explorable paths aren't exactly easy to solo.

If it's dead content and Anet doesn't want to focus on it anymore why can't they just scale it down so it can be solo'd and then be done with it?

Sometimes, dungeons are part of the dailies, which means you have a higher chance to find dungeon groups on those days.

You can also do reward tracks for the dungeons in sPvP and WvW to earn the tokens.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

Just want to add to this, if there's not a group up already, don't be afraid to make your own! People will say that no one runs dungeons, but I've personally never had to wait more than 5 - 10 mins for a group I put up to fill 🙂

Vets still run them for the runes and skins and new players for the story, a lot of people run them in small groups of friends or as a guild so there won't always be groups up in LFG but I've personally never had any issue getting groups to fill.

The only thing you need to open your own group for the story is the dungeon enterance (you should have recieved a mail with the location when you reached the appropriate level, but /wiki dungeons works too if you deleted those!) Once you've done story, you can also open the explorable modes, or get someone else to open them for you 🙂

• Like 1

I avoided dungeons because I thought it was hard to find a group, or I was nervous about doing them. Then I learned about the LFG tool and I was worried about making my own group.

Guess what? Turns out a lot, and I mean A LOT of people feel that way too. So...no surprise, there are rarely groups in the LFG. But, make your own group, and you'll likely have a full party in 10 minutes or so. Interesting how that works eh? Unfortunately it took me a lot longer to feel more comfortable with the game to go into the LFG and make my own group.

Also, you could join a guild and ask some guildies. But honestly, yeah, it's almost just easier to make a group with the LFG tool.

The tools are available in game, people are just overly apprehensive and full of anxiety to be proactive, especially when new. But, who cares. Even if your whole party wipes 20 times, dying in GW2 is not a terrible thing. Just put "first time" or something in your group description so you don't get "speed clear" people joining in. This is the same with fractals, strikes, or basically any "end game" content. Just start a group!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/21/2021 at 9:12 AM, Kevvyfitz.7942 said:

Alternatives to running the dungeons:

If you play WvW or SPvP, you can get those skins from the reward tracks.

If you don't, try a Tyrian Exchange Voucher. You can get them from Black Lion Chests or from holiday vendors (the New Year one is by far the best value — save up a few Essences of Luck for that one). https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tyrian_Exchange_Voucher

If you just can't get a group together, dungeon dailies, finding a different time of day, or asking for help from friends/guildmates are the best ways to do it.

Edited by ASP.8093
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/8/2021 at 4:34 PM, Mashugana.2843 said:

GW2 does not seem to have an automatic 'group finder' like other games. So how do people form groups? Do they collect in a certain place and say 'looking for group to do XX dungeon'?

I cannot figure out how to get onto a team for the dungeons - ty for any advice.

get friends go play with them, or a guild if you dont have friends.