EoD looks so bad it's not even funny

With the upgrade to the engine , they might not want to create many bugs  (or restart new projects with new art).

This doesn't stop them from implanting ideas  from other games that really works atm .They can call it "Roman's Tactic" and use it every second expansion .

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Confused 3

19 minutes ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

All you pessimistic losers meed to chill TF out with your doom and gloom BS

They have stated MULTIPLE  times before and DURING  the streams that stuff isn't in a finished/polished state yet and that they are purposely hiding things to avoid spoilers.

This is just meant to show the very SURFACE  of the expansion to give a very small taste of whats going on

Its like you all conveniently forgot the HoT and PoF betas where they barely showed off not even a 3rd of the first maps and they looked very barebones and then just months later at full release we had 4-5 beautiful content rich zones filled with detail and things to discover.

"Omg they reused the models of the anthropomorphic snake creatures that already exist in the game on the slightly different anthropomorphic snake creatures that we already know are basically the same, how dare they not waste development budget on making new animations and models for the same creatures"  

Like seriously? Lets just ignore the new spirit creature or the fact that likely a large amount of the new enemies in the expansion that they would develop new models for would be heavy spoilers to show us.

As far as reused animations on elite specs, lets actually wait and see before we start assuming its going to launch like that, it makes way more sense to me from a development perspective to give the elite specs generic animations during early builds while they fully flesh out their kits before they make unique intricate animations for skills that might end up being changed to no longer thematically match up with the animations they spent development time making.

Things like missing skill icons are trivial things to make and are very low on priority to put in, they could all be knocked out in a couple of days.

Anet has a history of barely showing anything of the upcoming releases and then delivering very detailed and quality content, god forbid they actually want to have players discover the content for themselves and be blown away *cough* griffon *cough*

Yall are just sad

I'm not one to delve into high detail essays about this topic, but I'll simply say: It is true. Nothing breathtaking has been shown so far.

This goes outside the forums. If you can't see that the expac was more or less created as a hope of pulling back some playerbase after the initiation of IBS's fall and the layoffs then I don't know mate, you don't see this clearly. It's obvious to me what this expac is after. But why should I pay the money to get an expac I don't care about with specs that don't feel fun to play and zones that teach you what you learn in queensdale, when I can instead offer tohe same amount to still support the game with QoL things I need for my HoT/PoF account?

That's the comparison I make. To spend money going forward I'd also like to see some balance update, but EoD isn't looking good so far with that aspect of the game. Lowkey a cash-grab. I don't deny the effort the studio and it's employees put into making this new content, but I will blame the company for it's seemingly awful management of resources (again, see lay-offs) and lack of proper advertisement. Anet and ads dont go well together and that's why the game dones't get more players than those it loses.

So no, this expansion is a reskin. This expansion may offer some decent story moments, but I was bored asf while watching gameplay, masteries ofc didn't excite me and the most important thing as a competetive player, so far no sense of shaking the foundation of class balance has been announced. Same old stale stuff with elites being very bad but probably dominating for a while to look good. A.k.a the failure of all warriors for example, Bladesworn. Look big numbas!! Samurai woo!

It's circular logic unfortunately. One complain leads to the next one and all the way back to start. I agree with OP. THis is not an expac that I want to buy. I'm not excited at all. These are opinions but seeing how the studio reacted to the past and how at this point the studio is also probably at it's weakest compared to the other 2 expacs, salvation post-release is doubtful.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 9
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2

38 minutes ago, Malsheem.1794 said:

We can sit here all day calling EoD either good or bad- looking as to what have been shown so far, but at the end of the day, it's the final result that counts. It's WiP - treat it as such.

You can praise or hose it all you want, but do it when it's out. 

Like they are really going to make any significant changes in 3 months. Come back to reality please. This is the company that takes 6 months to make 1 armour skin we are talking about.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 11

11 minutes ago, zombyturtle.5980 said:

Like they are really going to make any significant changes in 3 months. Come back to reality please. This is the company that takes 6 months to make 1 armour skin we are talking about.

Going to need you to reference what armor skin takes 6 months to make.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, LuRkEr.9462 said:

Going to need you to reference what armor skin takes 6 months to make.

When they made the transition from armors in gem store to outfits they justified it by saying it takes them on average 6 months to make one set vs a few weeks for outfits. Its on the old forums. 

Edit: A good example of this is wvw legendary which doesn't have any particularly special effects but took over a year to be implemented from when they said they were working on it.

Edited by zombyturtle.5980
  • Like 7
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, zombyturtle.5980 said:

This is the same company that only showed 1/3 of the first map of each expansion with minimal events and content months before release in their betas and then delivered 4-5 highly polished maps dense with content at launch 

To actually believe they showed even a fraction of what the expansion has to offer yet is just being needlessly pessimistic 

Edited by Kayberz.5346
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

This is the same company that only showed 1/3 of the first map of each expansion with minimal events and content months before release in their betas and then delivered 4-5 highly polished maps dense with content at launch 

To actually believe they showed even a fraction of what the expansion has to offer yet is just being needlessly pessimistic 

Hot and Pof was not as rushed as EoD tho.

• Like 10
  • Confused 7

I really wish I could disagree more strongly with OP, but frankly nothing I've seen so far from them looked good - especially the elite spec betas.

That said, while I've given up hope on the new elites, I'm still hopeful that what they've shown us of Cantha so far isn't representative of the entire zone. I really don't get why the color saturation is the way it is. GW2 (and to a greater extent, GW1) is so unique in its ability to do cool environments without any flashy eye-stabbing.

So yeah. All I can say is, I hope there's more (and more importantly, visually different) stuff to EoD aside from what they showed us. They still got my 30 bucks because I dislike not having access to the entire game, even if I don't particularly like some areas. It was the first time that I've given ANet money and felt it was a questionable purchase.

• Like 11
  • Confused 3

its not released yet lol , sure the expac may look a bit dry atm but i believe we cant judge yet we still have to see the other maps,enemies not shown,the other specs,lore/story,skins,plz new faces and hairstyles belonging thematically,though i am a bit pessimistic about the gameplay of the remaining specs and believe that they will only achieve a specific *aesthetic* (which only few new specs have achieved) but beyond that idk i am waiting to see how they will handle thief's spec which has me intrigued (scepter)

i like *some* of the new specs 

we havent seen the other maps and what we saw was understandably meh to eh but i would like to remind you that was the same case with HoT and PoF maps and they turned out ok. i believe the maps will turn out beautiful 

Fishing is....not something i look forward into but i guess it would come to the game sooner or later...

Siege Turtle... meh i will collect it but as a mount i wont use it

I dont have my hopes up for the story so much... im expecting a good start and a bad finale and an annoying braham moments, maybe they will kill off taimi using her illness and move on, honestly i would like minor characters to take on the lead for taimis place

also for anyone still hoping(generally speaking) for a new race i dont think they will add one,though with the elder dragon saga coming to an end after eod would be the perfect timing to add one,it would be a fine idea to make some ppl to come back since eod wont appease the maybe majority of the playerbase

the competitive side of the game surely wont be appeased *this*(lol) time. 

i agree that the budget is low and the layoffs are definitely responsible for whats happening 🙃

i already preordered it even if i wont like it i dont mind i kinda want to have everything although it will definitely impact my will to continue to play...for a time.... unfortunately i am a sucker for this game i cant quit it always waiting for the next thing 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

On 10/9/2021 at 1:44 AM, Cynova.1236 said:

We knew HoT and PoF would be exciting right away. Didn't have to question much.

Did we though? I clearly remember quite similar doom-and-gloom threads before and even after release of both expansions. If you set out to prove to yourself why it sucks, you'll always find arguments.

As for the rest, I'm honestly tired of arguing with people not interested in discussion, only in proving that the game truly is dead and the sky is falling and it's all a consiparcy to swindle us out of the things we deserve.

I'll keep playing and enjoying myself, and looking forward to new parts of the world to explore and enjoy. Have a good day.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 7

On 10/9/2021 at 9:23 AM, Debesyla.7102 said:

Wait did End of dragons launch today? How did you manage to do a review without playing it?

Well, I don't see in the post that says it is a review? It's an opinion from someone with common sense and foresights minus the fanboy mindset and attitude, and also after having played HoT and PoF for years and having tested some of EoD's  subpar elite skills and watching some actual EoD in-game videos and images and knowing the MAIN EoD special features are a skimmer re-skinned boat, fishing and a war turtle that probably no one cares a few months later after launch. Learn to believe and accept what you see and not necessary every thing needs hands on experience to justify reality. Think. Really.

Edited by Mil.3562
typos
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 12

I haven’t watched the guild chat, but keep seeing references to Shing Jea being a tutorial area. Why make a tutorial area if no characters will be starting there?

If characters are starting there, why? 

Update: It’s been pointed out that many new players skip the old content and jump straight to the expansion zone, which makes a lot of sense. I’ve also had the chance to watch the guild chat and understand more. Updating to avoid confusion as people read this two months later.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Confused 7

56 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I haven’t watched the guild chat, but keep seeing references to Shong Jea being a tutorial area. Why make a tutorial area if no characters will be starting there?

If characters are starting there, why? I thought there was no chance of playable Tengu, but could it something they’re holding back for a huge reveal?

They said it's for returning players who want to jump right into the expansion and forgot about some of the mechanics.

Also, that tutorial area looked like it's just one heart, so there shouldn't be much to cause distress about.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 9

13 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

They said it's for returning players who want to jump right into the expansion and forgot about some of the mechanics.

Also, that tutorial area looked like it's just one heart, so there shouldn't be much to cause distress about.

Fine with that, it was always known as starter Island. Nice to see them giving that a little nudge in the expansion..

Now the colors, for the love of dwayna Anet, please tone it down to normal levels.. 

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, aspirine.6852 said:

Now the colors, for the love of dwayna Anet, please tone it down to normal levels.. 

I'm not going to be a fan of EoD, if it ends up being another shiny expansion.

But sadly, that seems to be the new ugly art direction arenanet chose since at least PoF.

Core map lightning still is the best lighting in the game.

• Like 9
  • Confused 9