EoD looks so bad it's not even funny

3 minutes ago, witcher.3197 said:

I've found nothing. If I'm wrong, link evidence.

You didn't read through the threads then, since I've been reading through them after respective betas and the changes match at least some of the feedback. If you think I'll go through 20 pages of 9 threads for you now, because you clearly can't be bothered then good luck with that 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7

3 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You didn't read through the threads then, since I've been reading through them after respective betas and the changes match at least some of the feedback. If you think I'll go through 20 pages of 9 threads for you now, because you clearly can't be bothered then good luck with that 🤷‍♂️ 

If you can't back up your claims, don't make them, because you're adding nothing to the discussion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

5 hours ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

"the devs didn't act on MY specific feedback which means they ignored ALL feedback"

I actually didn't write any feedback myself, because i had no time to dedicate to testing those especs on a more serious basis and gave each only a shallow look. What i did however (which  you and some others in this thread that respondes in similar ways to yours seem to not have done) is to actually do read through all the feedback threads for those especs. And compared it later with the changes.

Like i said, i can understand Anet devs disagreeing with player suggestions and complains - there are indeed times when players either do not have the whole picture, or are just plain wrong. In such a case however devs should write they disagree with the feedback given. Not try to claim they acted on it when it's clear they did not.

And in case of the last espec balancing, in far more than one case they indeed did not.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, witcher.3197 said:

If you can't back up your claims, don't make them, because you're adding nothing to the discussion.

lol, right. If that's how you want to "play" here, then I'll take a tiny bite, but still don't expect me to get baited into making some extended research for you. I'll take one claim from the patch notes and get one post from feedback to show you they did address some of the feedback they got.

Patch note: [Dragon slash changes]

One of the posts (and there were more saying similar things btw, but -again- I won't be doing your homework here, when it's clear you didn't bother reading them even once): https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/101892-bladesworn-feedback-thread/?tab=comments#comment-1468334

If you couldn't remember/find any example -even this obvious- then it's blatantly clear you didn't read much of the feedback and just want to complain according to what @Kayberz.5346 captured in his post on the last page: "the devs didn't act on MY specific feedback which means they ignored ALL feedback". Take your own advice and if you make it this obvious you don't know what you're talking about, then maybe just don't. Now you can go read through the threads you try discussing here.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

10 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

lol, right. If that's how you want to "play" here, then I'll take a tiny bite, but still don't expect me to get baited into making some extended research for you. I'll take one claim from the patch notes and get one post from feedback to show you they did address some of the feedback they got.

One of the posts (and there were more saying similar things btw, but -again- I won't be doing your homework here, when it's clear you didn't bother reading them even once): https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/101892-bladesworn-feedback-thread/?tab=comments#comment-1468334

If you couldn't remember/find any example -even this obvious- then it's blatantly clear you didn't read much of the feedback and just want to complain according to what @Kayberz.5346 captured in his post on the last page: "the devs didn't act on MY specific feedback which means they ignored ALL feedback". Take your own advice and if you make it this obvious you don't know what you're talking about, then maybe just don't. Now you can go read through the threads you try discussing here.

You do realise that Witcher was specifically taking about "the visuals" (ie the art direction, the way the maps and NPCs in Cantha look) and not the elite specs, right?

I don't believe that they have addressed the feedback on the visuals and I get why. I don't see that much more of the feedback about the visuals is all that actionable. Every "I don't like it" is balanced by an "I do like it". So what do you do? Redesign the entire expansion, due in less than three months, because of feedback that pulls on a dozen different directions or carry on with the look that you've already decided on?

Sure, the cut jade is a bit toxic looking but the untouched sea looks great. I like the buildings I've seen so far, can't wait to see Kaineng, Echovald looks good, probably will be better when it's actually populated. Personally, I like the way the expansion looks, I'm happy with it and believe that it'll look great on my machine.

• Like 3
  • Confused 6

4 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

You do realise that Witcher was specifically taking about "the visuals" (ie the art direction, the way the maps and NPCs in Cantha look) and not the elite specs, right?

I don't believe that they have addressed the feedback on the visuals and I get why. I don't see that much more of the feedback about the visuals is all that actionable. Every "I don't like it" is balanced by an "I do like it". So what do you do? Redesign the entire expansion, due in less than three months, because of feedback that pulls on a dozen different directions or carry on with the look that you've already decided on?

Sure, the cut jade is a bit toxic looking but the untouched sea looks great. I like the buildings I've seen so far, can't wait to see Kaineng, Echovald looks good, probably will be better when it's actually populated. Personally, I like the way the expansion looks, I'm happy with it and believe that it'll look great on my machine.

If that poster was referring to 'visuals' like art direction, then they were off-topic (to that particular thread chain); the Dev post was about changes to the Elite Specializations. 

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
  • Like 2

On 10/8/2021 at 4:44 PM, Cynova.1236 said:

All this time waiting.... All the hype built-up before the reveal... and THIS is all they have to show for it😐 oof...

Recycle after recycle

Re-skin after re-skin

Boring, useless masteries

Boring, poorly-designed elite specs

Even the Shing Jea map and the Cantha environments that were the main thing left that could have saved this expansion... are already looking dry and empty. They introduce nothing new or creative to the same boring event and task structures as before. Even the monsters are the exact same with just a re-skin lol! Same stock map design you can find in Central Tyria. The faces that are apparently supposed to look more asian are barely adjusted. There's no life or intrigue in the map. It's just a cheap-looking re-skin and the designer says it's nearly done... is this a joke?

The turtle monsters are the HoT frogs with the exact same mechanics! The naga are the sand snakes with same animations! Look at all the new elite spec animations... Seriously... is this Recycled Wars 2?

HoT gave us all those Jurassic Park/World creatures and PoF gave us Hydras and Sand Sharks and Wurms and Djinns. EoD gives us.... re-skins of those...😦

There is no selling point. No exciting features. NOTHING. Literally nothing new or exciting or worth spending money on in this expansion.

Fishing... we have that in LW4 maps. You can just add to that. Boats? We have Skimmer which can go under water. Why do I want to be in a slow, clunky boat that someone else is controlling? And Siege Turtle mount? So I can have a second seat and a cannon. Great. Can I go in the air? Can I scale cliffsides? Can I go underwater with it? Can I do anything ACTUALLY useful and worthy on it? I hope there's something in the masteries that's useful for it other than just upgrading the canon or speed.

There is no equal comparison between EoD and HoT/PoF in what they advertised for each expansion reveal. We knew HoT and PoF would be exciting right away. Didn't have to question much. EoD? I still can't find ONE interesting or exciting thing about it. What's interesting about it? Let me know.

They had all the time, all the ideas to pull from, and this is what is produced. Just ridiculous. "Here's our reveal of some small patch features, can you pay us $30 bucks please and guess what... see you NEXT year even tho you already waited over a year just for us to tell you this. The expansion will be fun it will be great we promise👍" - *Proceeds to assure us by releasing unfinished, poorly-designed content that they can't even put up some decent skill icon artwork for* Even their Guild Chat videos are like watching a new, 5-sub streamer trying to get their stuff together. What is going on over there? Who is running this? It was never this bad before. Stop doing them live and just record them if it's gonna turn out like that every time.

There are only two explanations for this mess... either the dev team and resources are so stripped down and bare that this is the best they can do with so little... or they have lost all passion and creativity and are just cranking this out like their last mount skin selection. Did you see how many skins were lightly-tweaked and resold in that one? Wow. Just wow. 

This is just sad. GW 2 reached its peak with PoF. It's all down-hill from here. Even Colin and Grouch can't save this.

The only saving grace would be the Deep Sea Dragon... but I would bet all my gold they are doing this dragon dirty just like they did Kralk and Mordremoth... and giving it that cheesy, poorly-exaggerated, cliche voice that rips away anything cool or menacing about them.

Probably want us to fight its head or organ or hand in a cheap bubble instance. You dang well know that will be bare bones just like everything else in this whimper of an expansion... $30 for this patch lol. Nah.

HoT and PoF is all you need.

This expansion had so much going for it when announced. The advertised features should have blown us away. But with all that time, money, and creative force behind EoD, this is all they can conjure? It makes fan-made versions look superior.

HoT and PoF even further back in development looked miles better than this.

This isn't a placeholder and there is nothing significant enough unrevealed that can save this expansion. This is essentially what EoD is. They need all this time before release JUST to polish what they have and to try to fix bugs. There isn't going to be some hidden or last-minute amazing feature that will make EoD anywhere close to as decent as HoT and PoF are. It just isn’t realistic at this point. What we've seen is EoD. This is what you're going to get.

I think your first assumption of them being resource strapped is more possible than any alleged incompetence. That's just something we aren't privy too since we don't work there. Remember that something happened significantly right before the major firings that shook up the entire studio which will have consequences lasting years. Game development also takes years so if they were right in the middle of IBS and had to squash it and (allegedly) forced to do another expansion that is going to set them back and that's not even including difficulties as a business dealing with the pandemic, loss of experience, career unhappiness, low morale affecting all employees, possible mismanagements ETC and ETC. It has been an uphill battle for them so they deserve some patience and understanding for at least THIS release. I will still purchase EOD, I will root for them and I will critique EOD after playing all the content when it releases. To judge EOD right now is to be a bit disingenuous. At the end of the day its still just a game and they aren't suppose to be perfect. Art never is.

Edited by HotDelirium.7984
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

On 10/10/2021 at 7:25 AM, crewthief.8649 said:

I never played GW1. I started playing GW2 during the beta weekend. Thus, I have no bias as the result of comparing GW2 to GW1; all I have is my experience with GW2 and its two previous expansions. 

Saying that, what I have seen so far (regarding EoD) looks cheap, if I’m  being honest. Well, either cheap or rushed, or both. I had actually taken a 3 year hiatus from GW2 and only just returned to the game in March of this year.  My return was 100% prompted by the announcement of the new expansion. I would imagine I am not alone in that regard.

The reused animations are concerning to me. Not that there are a few here and there, but all of them. One that stands out is the new turtle enemy that was touted by the presenters when it was revealed on Friday. It is not only 100% reused animations, but its mechanics are exactly the same as the massive HoT frogs. Is that the result of a lack of creativity, or resources? I find it extremely hard to believe that these animations are simply placeholders and that Anet will blow us away with entirely new animations upon release.

The elite specs have been extremely underwhelming, at least for me. Most of them seem incoherent, starting with the actual name of the elite specs, in most cases. Willbender? Virtuoso? Naming an espec costs no resources, how do you screw that up? How do you not know that the name of the espec should reflect its theme? There are myriad ideas within this very forum that would be far more fitting than what we got. And as far as the actual mechanical play of the specs, I haven’t been particularly impressed by any of them. As a Warrior main, the Bladesworn felt extremely clunky and seriously lacked flow (oddly enough). And to top it off, if I want to play it I’m stuck using the stock gunblade (which isn’t a particularly attractive weapon (imo)). In a game that is lovingly referred to as “fashion wars,” limiting my ability to customize the look of something as important as my weapon, is an issue (for me).

All in all, my hype for this expansion has been severely derailed. I hope that my intuition is wrong. I hope that it turns out great, but I am not a fanboy viewing this thing through rose-colored glasses. 

The names for the elites is supposed to air on the more generic side so that you the player can retrofit the character with a name, background, weapon, skins, abilities and traits that make it the type of character that fits your vision.

That's why the mesmer...is called a mesmer and not...lets say....a "Mind Eraser." What if my spec just generated clones and I'm more dps? Not exactly "erasing minds." Mesmer is to Dominator (my build focusing on CC and boon management) as Willbender is to Guardian of the Realm (2 sword build, dps & some condi, highly mobile to distract and save allies).

However, I will agree with you about lack of customization with things like the gunblade being just one skin and the jade mech needing a few more pieces to make unique. At the minimum they should have a few skins for us to choose from (to make it super simple maybe a skin more influenced by the culture of each race.)

Edited by HotDelirium.7984

13 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I don't think you understand the topic.

We were just talking about the aesthetics of EoD maps, then you come in claiming Anet is listening to tons of feedback, and manage to "back it up" by linking elite spec changes.. 

To this day Anet hasn't dropped a single comment acknowledging any of the criticism related to how the maps look.

Edited by witcher.3197
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 2

46 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

If that poster was referring to 'visuals' like art direction, then they were off-topic; the Dev post was about changes to the Elite Specializations. 

But this topic isn't about that post, this topic predates that post by over a month. This topic is, well, it's a bit of a rambling "everything that's perceived to be wrong with the expansion" topic.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

2 hours ago, witcher.3197 said:

I don't think you understand the topic.

We were just talking about the aesthetics of EoD maps, then you come in claiming Anet is listening to tons of feedback, and manage to "back it up" by linking elite spec changes.. 

To this day Anet hasn't dropped a single comment acknowledging any of the criticism related to how the maps look.

Then maybe you guys should pay more attention what you're responding to, because this whole comment chain is a response to the post that said "especs need to be improved" and then the other one which asked:

"What do you think of the changes posted about each Elite Specialization? They certainly seemed to pay attention to the feedback."

2 hours ago, witcher.3197 said:

We were just talking about the aesthetics of EoD maps, then you come in claiming Anet is listening to tons of feedback

Now this is ironic. Follow the quoted posts in this comment chain and see where it started. You are the one that inserted yourself in the middle of "us talking" about specific changes, chose to disregard any context of the posts you're responding to and then try pretending it was me that did that.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

8 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

As for the rest of your post in regards of visuals and "visuals feedback", I mostly agree. 😄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

What the hell are people complaining about 'reused animations'. What the hell dude? This is a game, you reuse old animations from time to time.

Have you played vindicator? I think it's cool with all the little details (ethereal music playing while urn up or all the reality cracking sound effectgs etc.). I don't know other MMOs doing this this well. Holy kitten these threads are so nitpicky and over the top complaining. I would NEVER ever notice stuff if I would not read the forums from time to time. Just chill and eat your apple and kiwi from time to time. CHILL dudes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 6

2 hours ago, ProtoGunner.4953 said:

What the hell are people complaining about 'reused animations'. What the hell dude? This is a game, you reuse old animations from time to time.

Have you played vindicator?

Speaking of Vindicator, all of its weapon animations are recycled.

Skill 2 is mesmer GS 5.

Skill 3 is warrior GS 5 + Riposting Shadows.

Skill 4 is ranger GS4.

Skill 5 is reaper GS 2.

Animations are an important part of a spec's identity. When ALL of the animations are borrowed from other classes, that can come off as cheap. After 5 years we needed something that feels new and fresh, this is not it.

• Like 7
  • Confused 3

It simple laziness. We are expected to pay for an expansion, not for copy->paste. We are expected to pay for new content, not for copy->paste. Let them have their expansion, but without me. No, thank you, I shall not buy.

I want my new content; I want my GvG content which was promised long ago (before Heart of Thorns expansion); I want my WvW new content to relax dynamically with others, without applying some mechanical PvE rotations. Instead, we get copy->paste of auras and special effects.

I plan on trying other MMOs on Christmas holidays. There is a lot of free time from job, perfect for finding some other entertainment. Besides, many games will be on offer during Christmas.

Edited by Alin.2468
  • Like 4
  • Confused 5