EoD looks so bad it's not even funny

21 minutes ago, Keitaro Dragonheart.9047 said:

I'm glad I'm not an ArenaNet Dev. I wouldn't want to produce content for such an ungrateful, entitled crowd such as this.

I certainly wouldn’t want to spend any time reading these forums. Criticism is one thing, but so often it is delivered here without humility nor kindness.

As someone who works for an, albeit much lower profile, entertainment organization myself, it takes a conscious choice to remember that most of our audience loves what we do, and a handful of detractors online are suffering from egging each other on to greater hostility.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

I'm starting to wonder if we've been watching the same guild chats and trailers etc. I think so far what we got is pretty exciting. A 2-player combat mount that can also be used underwater, skiffs, fishing (many wanted this), new maps that look super interesting, new elite specs that have been improved after players' feedback. I don't know what else they would need to implement for more people to be happy. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5

Then now we have an empress out, kind with marshmallow hearts and a rainbow ... the dictatorship goes by the wayside.
The more they advertise, the worse it is! The only interesting thing in this gameplay video was the legendaries (let's say especially it's moldy, but it's not as bad as what was originally announced ...), and the cathedral (a little too green anyway, but with "interesting" lighting effects). The more I look and the less I want to buy it, the scenario won't even be interesting in my opinion ... it's an aberration.

For a while now we have been in an endless vomit and botched script (mainly since the HV5, but even before ...), and since End of Dragons we hit rock bottom !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 7

1 hour ago, TheLadyOfTheRings.9148 said:

I'm starting to wonder if we've been watching the same guild chats and trailers etc. I think so far what we got is pretty exciting. A 2-player combat mount that can also be used underwater, skiffs, fishing (many wanted this), new maps that look super interesting, new elite specs that have been improved after players' feedback. I don't know what else they would need to implement for more people to be happy. 

It really looks like some people just want to complain and will do so no matter what. If anet can't remove mounts from the game today just to re-introduce them with EoD, people will keep claiming there's "nothing worth the time in the expansion".🤷‍♂️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

It's clear that not everything appeals to players the same way (or at all). Some are very excited about things like the new mount, maps, skiffs etc. Others care more about the legendary weapons. Others about balance issues. Others about new dungeons/fractals/raids/strike missions/DRMs etc. Others about fashion wars. So, this is to say that we all know that there are different types of players, with different wants and needs. If we know this, ArenaNet knows it too for sure. I get the feeling they're giving their all for this expansion and making sure it's really good, so I'm hopeful that they'll take into account the diversity of players and their wants, thus work on improving other things as well. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

Yes, this expansion is severely lacking in new features compared to previous expansions.

HoT and PoF introduced new core mechanics to the game (gliding, masteries, mounts, break bars, etc) but I don't see anything significant in EoD.

However, I'm also not really disappointed.

1. The game has no subscription fee, so you only have to buy a new expansion every 2-3 years.

2. They keep pumping out new content (maps, stories, achievements) at an impressive rate, especially when compared to a certain other MMO that has a subscription fee and a billion-dollar company funding them.

Just my 2c.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Evermore.5649 said:

Yes, this expansion is severely lacking in new features compared to previous expansions.

HoT and PoF introduced new core mechanics to the game (gliding, masteries, mounts, break bars, etc) but I don't see anything significant in EoD.

1. The game has no subscription fee, so you only have to buy a new expansion every 2-3 years.

2. They keep pumping out new content (maps, stories, achievements) at an impressive rate, especially when compared to a certain other MMO that has a subscription fee and a billion-dollar company funding them.

Just my 2c.

I think its fair for some expansions to introduce features vs content and vice versa. HoT was definitely more feature/system rich vs actual content. I think PoF strikes a better balance given the systems were now already in place, but could be expanded upon via mounts.

I think the disconnect here is that I haven't seen much content to make up for lack of features. They seem very afraid of showing anything from the map tours, or revealing too much about the story which is tough considering the past expansions had good lead ins from their respective preceding LW season.

Edited by Faridah.8431
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Evermore.5649 said:

If they don't do that the game will die in 2-3 months. Lack of replayability.

The only mode that has replayability is PvP and WvW which they ignored.

Most players today played a lot of different mmos before. PvE is boring due to its programmed settings, PvP and WvW however makes you think and react every second. Some people like that thinking while playing, some people just want to be braindead and look at a bar and pressing 2 and 3 to follow a marker, like a dog playing fetch.

I played one mmo before which focused solely on PvE raid/dungeons (Phantasy Star Online 2), it even had hourly leaderboards on which teams kills the most of the targeted bosses. My team will always be on top on that game whenever the event pops out. GW2 PvE raid leaderboards is fanmade hosted by some streamers.

People kept asking for PvP content in the game, devs ignored it, I left the game to join GW2, that game died 2 months later.

• Like 3
  • Confused 13

It's too early to tell but I think they seriously missed the mark with fishing and skiffs. I could not care less.

Also, speaking of things that wildly missed the mark: Catalyst hammer. What the kitten is that kitten.

Who the hell thought Ele needed another melee weapon?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

4 hours ago, giblets.6401 said:

It's too early to tell but I think they seriously missed the mark with fishing and skiffs. I could not care less.

Also, speaking of things that wildly missed the mark: Catalyst hammer. What the kitten is that kitten.

Who the hell thought Ele needed another melee weapon?

Dev thought ele could use it, not my cup of tea, but it's something new, not seen much in RPG, kinda plays into "breaking the mold"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 12/6/2021 at 3:59 PM, Evermore.5649 said:

Just my 2c.

You forgot one last point: the fact that, originally, they didn’t plan to create that expansion in the first place. I mean, yeah I am sure everyone out there (as well as me) loves ground breaking features.
However, I fail to see how this is going to be possible if, midway through the development of IBS, some people literally tell the devs to finish off IBS as fast as possible and to go make another expansion.

But hey at least, multiplayer riding features are new, strike mission CM is also new, gen 3 legendaries is quite different as well and let’s not forget about the big WvW project and the dx11 features.

Edited by flog.3485
Grammar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, flog.3485 said:

But hey at least, multiple riding features are new, strike mission CM is also new, gen 3 legendaries is quite different as well and let’s not forget about the big WvW project and the dx11 features.

Well, Strikes are not new, but yes, I am also looking forward to new Strikes myself, especially the addition of CMs.

Legendary Weapons are not a new thing, either, but yes, the idea of having several different textures you can unlock is pretty cool.

"The big WvW project" merely consists of reshuffling the population - that's hardly "big" nor does it qualify as "fresh new content."

And the state of the DX11 beta is still so bad (crashes, texture issues) that I doubt it will be ready by February.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Well, Strikes are not new, but yes, I am also looking forward to new Strikes myself, especially the addition of CMs.

Legendary Weapons are not a new thing, either, but yes, the idea of having several different textures you can unlock is pretty cool.

"The big WvW project" merely consists of reshuffling the population - that's hardly "big" nor does it qualify as "fresh new content."

And the state of the DX11 beta is still so bad (crashes, texture issues) that I doubt it will be ready by February.

They could expand on the strike cms with old story bosses aswell.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Well nobody (as far as I am aware) declared that dx11 will come with the release of EoD, just like alliances will not come in February. Why would like expect that ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mesket.5728 said:

the same people that thought warriors needed another melee dps bannerslave build

you can put space station ion cannon on war, it still will be banner slave... Weapons dont change bannerslave status, only removing banners would change banner slave status

Edited by Bakeneko.5826
Cant type
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

52 minutes ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

you can but space station ion cannon on war, it still will be banner slave... Weapons dont change bannerslave status, only removing banners would change banner slave status

Exactly, I don't know how people set on complaining about it 24/7 fail to understand something this simple.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

14 hours ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

you can put space station ion cannon on war, it still will be banner slave... Weapons dont change bannerslave status,

Keep going, you have half the answer there... weapons wont make bannerslave change (you and i know this, Anet doesn't yet)... so what else we change instead of weapons? Maybe... the role? Stop making a 4th dps role? Did you know warrior is the only class in the game that has a single role in pve? 

Edited by Mesket.5728
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 12/6/2021 at 2:07 PM, Norbe.7630 said:

If they don't do that the game will die in 2-3 months. Lack of replayability.

The only mode that has replayability is PvP and WvW which they ignored.

Most players today played a lot of different mmos before. PvE is boring due to its programmed settings, PvP and WvW however makes you think and react every second. Some people like that thinking while playing, some people just want to be braindead and look at a bar and pressing 2 and 3 to follow a marker, like a dog playing fetch.

I played one mmo before which focused solely on PvE raid/dungeons (Phantasy Star Online 2), it even had hourly leaderboards on which teams kills the most of the targeted bosses. My team will always be on top on that game whenever the event pops out. GW2 PvE raid leaderboards is fanmade hosted by some streamers.

People kept asking for PvP content in the game, devs ignored it, I left the game to join GW2, that game died 2 months later.

This again... MMORPGs are niche games, and PvP is an even smaller niche within that category.  As much as I find the current state of PvP and WvW frustrating, I think ANet is making the right call. The PvP-only and WvW-only people seem to have such an enormously limited understanding of what else exists in the game, or how to get it. I'm certain their level of engagement with the vast majority of game systems (including the shop) is relatively low compared to the typical PvE player. So yeah, look down on PvE all you want, but I'm almost certain PvE is what keeps the lights on.

Of course, non-MMORPG PvP games are massively successful, and we also have several examples of those. And that's the thing - people who actually want quality PvP (an actual competitive scene, good and frequent balance, etc) know where to get it, and it's not from a game like GW2. Revitalizing GW2's PvP/WvW might make existing players in those modes a bit happier, but I don't see it actually paying off in terms of gaining new players and making revenue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3