Initiative Design Change Poll

AikijinX.6258

Initiative Design Change (Like/Dislike) Poll  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the design change made to the initiative bar?

• Yes (Like)
    • No (Dislike)
    • Neutral (Doesn’t effect me, nor change things, I’m still top of the food chain)

Just a simple Yes/No poll to gather feedback on the recent change to the initiative design UI

Who knows maybe if this catches enough traction, Anet will revert the change. I myself like the freshness of the new design. But I know the linear former design was clean, simple and easier on the eyes. Who knows, potentially this new design has some type of connection in regard to our new elite spec (which I doubt it does, but we can speculate)

Edited by AikijinX.6258

13 minutes ago, kash.9213 said:

I don't think I look at those. If I were just coming to the class though, I'd want a straight line or one right on top of the other. That staggered line would make it hard for me to visually calculate what I'm going to use in the next few moves. 

Honestly this is just yet another handicap thieves can claim and stamp on reasons why our classes  skill ceiling is  that much higher than the rest. We’ve always risen above adversity and adapted. 

Personally for me. Since thief is the only class I have and played since launch, I remember or kinda have a ballpark on how much initiative I have and use. Very rarely do I look down at my skill bar. I remember certain rotations and how much initiative it depletes, and which rotation is high ini intensive and vise versa.

I’d imagine this is how other Thief mains with some level of above average skill think and mentally micro manage their ini pool.

21 minutes ago, krz.1327 said:

They should just display it as a number, no counting needed

The last two dots could reverse taper in size with the last larger dot having a number engraved in it. 

I think the dots just need to be a straight line or two straight lines between bookends, so your brain can do the math of how much you have against how much you're missing while you play. It kind of is contained in the UI right now a little but maybe it could be more obvious.