Jump to content
  • Sign Up

New player event overload


Recommended Posts

Hey I’m new here and want people’s take on a few things, mostly on the event.

 

what should I be doing to take advantage of this event? 
 

I saw a npc had 20 bag slots which is something I’ve been struggling with since I started playing so I thought my best route would be to use one of my boosters on a “event farming” profession to get the bags for my main. I choose theif since I heard daredevil is a good spec for it but I don’t have any hero points and I’m not sure if grinding those out will give me enough time to actually farm out those bags. 
 

with the exp boost I’m not sure if instead I should be just lvling and not worrying about the event at all since I’m already going to get a weapon once I hit lvl 10?  (Unsure if it’s automatic or if I have to talk to someone) 

 

lastly (and thanks for bearing with me for this long) I needed advice on what I should main. I like pvp mostly in WvW and random bg type games and I prefer a good bruiser type class with both decent damage and survivalability.  I’m like how I can try any class I want right away since I have all the expacs and I’ve been digging holosmith and scrapper specs for engineer. Is there any other professions I should give a try and is any of the new elite specs for EoD looking good for pvp? 
 

thank you all for any advise since the event only lasts a few days I want to make the most out of it with either labyrinth farming or lvling. Thank you 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The event lasts 5 weeks and haven't even finished the first week.  A hero point train will get you your elite spec unlocked in a couple of hours, but you don't have to have an elite spec to get good profit out of the labyrinth. There are people who farm the labyrinth just fine with a build that has a lot of AOE, or shots that bounce or even pierce.


If you're trying to be that kind of player that's the most efficient, you have to jump through hoops to get there. However, that doesn't represent the bulk of the player base farming the labyrinth.  I often just go in on a ranged character for running between doors, and weapon swap to something that cleaves when I get to a door event. Best of both worlds. I do fine in farming trick or treat bags. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you talking about Halloween event and the bags you can buy for 3 candy corn cobs? That's an expensive bag. That's roughly 12 g. You can get 20 slot bags from TP or other vendors like the WvW one for much less (I think it's 7g and some badges of honor at WvW vendor).

Answer on the question which class to play is always the same. Whichever you like the most. Most classes can have various play styles with different builds and gear. On top of that, making alts is really easy in this game once you play for a while. So if you decide you don't like one, you will easily make another.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Are you talking about Halloween event and the bags you can buy for 3 candy corn cobs? That's an expensive bag. That's roughly 12 g. You can get 20 slot bags from TP or other vendors like the WvW one for much less (I think it's 7g and some badges of honor at WvW vendor).

Answer on the question which class to play is always the same. Whichever you like the most. Most classes can have various play styles with different builds and gear. On top of that, making alts is really easy in this game once you play for a while. So if you decide you don't like one, you will easily make another.

You can also get them from wvw/spvp reward tracks.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are interested in World vs. World  you can jump right in regardless of level and just follow a crowd around. It's the cheapest way to get 20 slot bags. The labyrinth will also temporarily upscale you so you can play with everyone there - if you sell the halloween drops, particularly the bags, you can make gold rather quickly.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting, so can y’all also let me know what’s worth getting for the Halloween event? Like any cool transmog or are they temporary costumes? I love Halloween events in game so I’ll want to collect everything I can. What should I do to take full advantage of

2 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Are you talking about Halloween event and the bags you can buy for 3 candy corn cobs? That's an expensive bag. That's roughly 12 g. You can get 20 slot bags from TP or other vendors like the WvW one for much less (I think it's 7g and some badges of honor at WvW vendor).

Answer on the question which class to play is always the same. Whichever you like the most. Most classes can have various play styles with different builds and gear. On top of that, making alts is really easy in this game once you play for a while. So if you decide you don't like one, you will easily make another.

 

1 hour ago, Obfuscate.6430 said:

If you are interested in World vs. World  you can jump right in regardless of level and just follow a crowd around. It's the cheapest way to get 20 slot bags. The labyrinth will also temporarily upscale you so you can play with everyone there - if you sell the halloween drops, particularly the bags, you can make gold rather quickly

Link to post
Share on other sites

its a lot but one thing i do every reset is the Halloween daily, do 3 a day to get the Halloween fright achievement, and every 5 days you get the reward for https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mad_King's_Gift some cool weapons there. 

Also dont waste candy corn if you dont have to for a daily. Turn 1000 of them into corn cobs at the Halloween vendors in LA corn cobs get you some cool stuff. You have a month so collect them and decide you have time.

Dont forget mad king says event, and the race events in the mad realm ect you get armor the lunatic court armor. Personally i just park in LA for this event and do them all lol.  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadow_of_the_Mad_King_2021

also there is a free weapon for having a level 10 or higher toon , the weapon will level with your characters and its nice looking. You have to talk to the mist stranger for your races zone. make sure you pick a class to get them on that gives a weapon choice you can use since you will be able to use it across the account.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dreambound_weapons#Acquisition

Edited by Zuldari.3940
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

its a lot but one thing i do every reset is the Halloween daily, do 3 a day to get the Halloween fright achievement, and every 5 days you get the reward for https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mad_King's_Gift some cool weapons there. 

Also dont waste candy corn if you dont have to for a daily. Turn 1000 of them into corn cobs at the Halloween vendors in LA corn cobs get you some cool stuff. You have a month so collect them and decide you have time.

Dont forget mad king says event, and the race events in the mad realm ect you get armor the lunatic court armor. Personally i just park in LA for this event and do them all lol.  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadow_of_the_Mad_King_2021

also there is a free weapon for having a level 10 or higher toon , the weapon will level with your characters and its nice looking. You have to talk to the mist stranger for your races zone. make sure you pick a class to get them on that gives a weapon choice you can use since you will be able to use it across the account.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dreambound_weapons#Acquisition

One can visit the Mist Stranger in any starter map; it does not have to be your race's map. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There are so many things to collect in this game; it’s a never ending pursuit (which is sort of the point), and events are always coming and going. I wouldn’t stress over it and do the event content that you most enjoy. You can check the wiki (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadow_of_the_Mad_King_2021) to see a list of available items and decide if you want any of them, if it’s worth the grind, etc. 

 

Anyway, dual pistol/shortbow thief will probably work fine for event farming, just run around with a group shooting everything. 


If you’re looking for a roaming bruiser in WvW, scrapper is good, core Necro is another option. Other classes tend to rely more on evades, blocks, blinds, stealth, etc., over face tanking for survivability. Right now medium armor classes all have good options for WvW roaming.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Fotizzile.2041 said:

Hey I’m new here and want people’s take on a few things, mostly on the event.

 

what should I be doing to take advantage of this event? 
 

I saw a npc had 20 bag slots which is something I’ve been struggling with since I started playing so I thought my best route would be to use one of my boosters on a “event farming” profession to get the bags for my main. I choose theif since I heard daredevil is a good spec for it but I don’t have any hero points and I’m not sure if grinding those out will give me enough time to actually farm out those bags. 
 

with the exp boost I’m not sure if instead I should be just lvling and not worrying about the event at all since I’m already going to get a weapon once I hit lvl 10?  (Unsure if it’s automatic or if I have to talk to someone) 

 

lastly (and thanks for bearing with me for this long) I needed advice on what I should main. I like pvp mostly in WvW and random bg type games and I prefer a good bruiser type class with both decent damage and survivalability.  I’m like how I can try any class I want right away since I have all the expacs and I’ve been digging holosmith and scrapper specs for engineer. Is there any other professions I should give a try and is any of the new elite specs for EoD looking good for pvp? 
 

thank you all for any advise since the event only lasts a few days I want to make the most out of it with either labyrinth farming or lvling. Thank you 

 

 

If you want to be most efficient this Halloween I would recommend watching Mukluks Halloween guide.

 

Get To The Point: The Shadow of the Mad King Guide for Guild Wars 2 (Halloween) - YouTube

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The nice thing about GW2 festivals is that there is nothing you can miss in there. If there is a reward you would like to get but don't manage to get this year, you will have another shot at it next year. It may not be the same way of aquisition (e.g. there's a meta achievement each year that usually rewards a unique skin, but to get any of the previous years' meta rewards you will have to buy them for event currency),  but it will be available to you in some way.

 

My suggestion to you would be to lean back, go window shopping at the festival vendors, check the achiement rewards, maybe check out a guide of two if that's your thing, and decide for yourself if any part of the festival looks fun and/or gives a reward you'd like to have now. High-efficiency festival farming is more of an activity for bored veterans that have done everything else in game. If you're new participate if you enjoy the festival, but don't worry about missing out, as everything will be back next year.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You can power level a character in Mad King's Labrinth too.  When you hop in on a low-level toon, your level gets boosted to level 80 inside the lab.  You still have your low-level gear on, but the idea is join a zerg and tag everything.  I power leveled one of my necros by jumping in on a level 15 and was 78 a day or so later several years ago.  Just keep eating food and utilities that give you a xp bonus for kills, and, don't forget the xp booster from the bartender in your guild hall.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...