Spinal shiver needs adequate animation

aelska.4609

Features of this skill:

• Unblockable by Aegis 
  • 5s chills
  • 3 boons removal
  • 1200 range
  • Extremely high damage (867/2.625, whereas mighty blow is at 734/1.82, killshot at 844/2.0,  deathstrike at 734/2.0)
  • Minimal animation

If I am already puzzled by how this skill escaped feb 2020 patch, I think the game would benefit from a proper animation, given how impactful it is.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 7

Let's keep in mind that if your foe have no boons to rip it does 20% of these damage.

I think it would be fair for the skill to have higher base damage but a lower incease of damage for each boon removed. Something like:

1. No boon: coeff 1.0
  2. 1 boon: coeff 1.33
  3. 2 boons: coeff 1.66
  4. 3 boons: coeff 2.0

They can even make it gamewide, it's not like it's common to remove 2-3 boons at once on a PvE mob/boss with this skill.

12 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

It does have animation, its just the same as every other necro skill

It has the same kitten hand wave animation on the caster like every ranged weapon in the game, it is not just necro, Ranger is probably the most annoying of the bunch, the basic attack, hunter shot and point black have almost the same projectile but with little bit different dance that the ranger does before it shoots. I think only warrior rifle got reworked animations on rifle to be different from each other, even though no one gave a kitten about it before the rework.  
I don't know who had the bright idea to make ranged skills based on doing a little dance before shooting, when you can do it off screen, the same thing goes for Teleport skills, the telegraph is off screen, like what is the point of the cast time if the other person can't react to it.  

Edited by Vancho.8750

4 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

It has the same kitten hand wave animation on the caster like every ranged weapon in the game, it is not just necro, Ranger is probably the most annoying of the bunch, the basic attack, hunter shot and point black have almost the same projectile but with little bit different dance that the ranger does before it shoots. I think only warrior rifle got reworked animations on rifle to be different from each other, even though no one gave a kitten about it before the rework.  
I don't know who had the bright idea to make ranged skills based on doing a little dance before shooting, when you can do it off screen, the same thing goes for Teleport skills, the telegraph is off screen, like what is the point of the cast time if the other person can't react to it.  

This is why once upon a time I asked about bringing back GW1 casting bars, to make game much more clear for everyone (just think how much information it would add for spectators), but sPvP community was like "no no, git gud, everything is visible enough!".

• Like 3