i want to address the tangu advertising by arenet

46 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yea somehow I dont think people would be pleased with that.

And gw1 the game were you had human, human and human in all 3 campains?

So by that logic they should just implement new faces, fur patterns, ears to all the existing races.

Then be done with it since it is the  same spirit as in gw1 campains?

The logic is that you don't have to retroactively make the new race fit in all of tyria's content.

And it doesn't need to please everyone. In fact you can never please everyone. And that's okay.

Still, I would dare to say there's more people interested in a new race for a character that follows them through the entire game than say, fishing.

Edited by Deihnyx.6318
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4
On 10/11/2021 at 3:51 AM, AgentMoore.9453 said:

I don't really have a horse in this race (bird, I guess?) so there's no hype factor on my end. I'm glad ArenaNet's getting a varied pool of feedback to review, but I've said what I think about the current Tengu (Tangu~) marketing, and that's really all I came here for.

You wrote about the hype in your initial post I've quoted, so that's what I wasresponding to. If you weren't talking about "your hype", but instead about 'hypothetical player's hypothetical hype", then consider my comment to not be talking about "you" specifically, but instead to be a "hypothetical you".

In other words, read this: "If you want to keep hyping yourself up for some reason, then feel free to do it, but then you're still doing it by your own accord." as "If someone wants to keep hyping themself up for some reason, then feel free to do it, but then they're still doing it by their own accord.". The point remains the same, there are no mentions about any new playable race in any of those trailers/teasers.

__

Some people seem to be confused, so here's your initial mention about the hype:

On 10/11/2021 at 12:55 AM, AgentMoore.9453 said:

They weren't special in IBS and if they aren't special in EoD, it's going to make the hype look like a gotcha.

Whatever "hype" you're talking about here, at this moment "hyping yourself up" about something that was never announced is willingfully setting yourself up for disappointment.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
On 10/10/2021 at 6:03 AM, BadSanta.6527 said:

arenet for the love of god it is ok not to add tangu as playble race ! but it is not ok to give trailers of the expac that seems or ignatie the imagination of tangu as playbale race rather then just an npc 

that trailer you gave us of the shing ji , if tangu is not playble race it is like false advertsing .... 

i dont like it when you show something that alot of people ask for but no really 

You see one Tengu NPC in a video and take it to be some sort of taunt about making a new playable race? Yeah ok...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

The only reason there's a ton of tengu in the trailers is because that's what most people are excited about in EoD, regardless if they are a playable race or not. I can't see it being a playable race at this point because that would have definitely been the first thing said in the lead-in announcement into EoD to get massive hype.

• Confused 2
1 hour ago, Poormany.4507 said:

The only reason there's a ton of tengu in the trailers is because that's what most people are excited about in EoD, regardless if they are a playable race or not. I can't see it being a playable race at this point because that would have definitely been the first thing said in the lead-in announcement into EoD to get massive hype.

I think it's hardly a handful of people being excited for Tengu.

Just because something is rather vocal, doesn't mean many people actually care.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1