[GeForce NOW] Account blocked for security purposes

snh.7091

Yesterday I was playing normally, today I logged in, only to be greeted by a "Your account has been blocked for security purposes, please contact support for assistance" message.

I wish I could at least log in to my support account, but I can't, so I had to submit a ticket anonymously.

I presume this is because I use VPN a lot, but I make sure to turn it off before launching GeForce NOW, which is the only way I play Guild Wars 2 recently since I moved to MacOS. I submitted a ticket and the number is 8366583, if someone could look into it.

Many thanks!

Edited by Inoki.6048
Clarified the title.

16 minutes ago, Chungbis.3578 said:

Please unban Aurico now, we are running without a commander and I seriously need to go pee.

Players that have been suspended will have to submit a support ticket.   If for some reason they cannot login to submit a ticket they can choose the "Submit a ticket anonymously" option and include their account information in the ticket.   Posts here asking for others to have the suspension lifted don't accomplish anything as support will only deal with the account holder. 

That said, it seems like GeFroce Now players get caught up in this from time to time.  Perhaps Anet should examine that a little more closely since Anet offers players the ability to use that service.

It looks like they looked into the problem back in March but seems to be happening again:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/92610-information-about-erroneous-account-suspensions/?tab=comments#comment-92609

We have discovered that some players who use the GeForce Now service had their accounts suspended unintentionally. We are in the process of reversing these account suspensions and we're investigating the cause to prevent this issue from occurring again. If you are still experiencing issues with logging into your account, please reach out to our Customer Support team at https://help.guildwars2.com/. We apologize for the error and thank you for your patience.

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892
  • Thanks 1

• snh.7091 changed the title to [GeForce NOW] Account blocked for security purposes

The thing about this is that it really shouldn't happen. There should be a unique identifier for people who stream the game.

Also, gaming via VPN is becoming more a thing, see the following https://us.norton.com/products/norton-360-for-gamers

Often using a VPN for gaming is a must as grieving is a thing, and the amount of sore losers who'd hijack your IP just because you downed them in an online game is quite astonishing.

At the same time I don't understand using a VPN for cheating? You're still logged in to an account that can be traced.

Edited by Inoki.6048

My girlfriend's account has been blocked as well - probably due to GeForce NOW.

Yesterday we got response from AN support. 

"We apologize for the delay in our response due to the high volume of tickets.

Using the information provided so far, we have not been able to verify the account in question. At this time, please send an email from the email address associated with this account to: support@arena.net"

Firstly I thought it's a joke. We gave them acc name, acc e-mail, characters names, guild name etc. and they can't verify the account?

What is going on AN? I'm getting mad seriously. Why do You allow to use such service like GeForce Now and You can't simply handle with improper blocking accounts.

Edited by Bajtel.8079
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Inoki.6048 said:

At the same time I don't understand using a VPN for cheating? You're still logged in to an account that can be traced.

Traced to what? They're using throwaway accounts and the VPN is to hide their other accounts, because when ArenaNet bans them, they'll ban every account that was on that IP. This is why there will always be a risk in sharing an IP, especially while 2FA is IP-based, meaning if one account is compromised, ArenaNet has to assume everyone on that IP is compromised.

I've got the same answer from ANet as before:

"

Prime (Guild Wars 2 Support)

Oct 13, 2021, 7:58 PDT

Hello,

Using the information provided so far, we have not been able to verify the account in question. At this time, please send an email from the email address associated with this account to: support@arena.net

Moreover, please use this ticket's number as a reference on your new ticket.

We look forward to your update.

Regards,Prime
Guild Wars 2 Support Team
http://help.guildwars2.com/"

I've send them ticket from my girlfriend's account with their acc name, characters names, guild name etc.

I'm gettin' mad seriously, 3 days of wiaiting for nothing.

How can I reach more competent people from the support?

Edited by Bajtel.8079

3 hours ago, Bajtel.8079 said:

"

Hello,

Using the information provided so far, we have not been able to verify the account in question. At this time, please send an email from the email address associated with this account to: support@arena.net

Regards,Prime

I've send them ticket from my girlfriend's account with their acc name, characters names, guild name etc.

I had the exact same. Reply to the ticket with your real name, phone number, email and something about your account, like character name and level or something you recently done like buy gems.

That worked for me after 3 days i got;

Thank you for your patience while we looked into your issue.

It appears this account was caught in our regular account security review. After thoroughly reviewing this account I have decided to remove the block that was placed on it. You may now access our services again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bajtel.8079 said:

"

Hello,

Regards,Prime

Girlfriend or not, it is not allowed to share accounts. That means that your girlfriend will need to log into the account herself and send the support ticket herself. Is she needs your help with it you can go to her and assist her in replying to the ticket.

On 10/13/2021 at 10:13 PM, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Girlfriend or not, it is not allowed to share accounts. That means that your girlfriend will need to log into the account herself and send the support ticket herself. Is she needs your help with it you can go to her and assist her in replying to the ticket.

She couldn't log on her account since it was blocked. We had to submit a ticket anonymously.

Nvm, problem is solved but it took so long.

I think they got me with WTFast i think. Main thing is how can you post on these forms but not long into to make an support ticket it seems like an over sight on anet end.

Not sure if putting your request number helps but here it goes 8372134 also missed a night of reset for wvw because of this very much a let down.

Edited by Jski.6180
Somthing to make my self feel better about this but most likely pontless!

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Though, they use the same log-in credentials, they are two different log-in data sites. 

Meh i guess just feels odd to post on these forms yet not be able to log in game. At the very least i though you could get an support ticket going form the forms to point out an error made. But that may all just be another way to make one self feel better when dealing with something like this happening to them (the minnly game of getting back into gw2.)