What is the rating even for?

Onlyflameone.2136

Today I am planing to reach platinum division, above the 1 500, but what is the point of this?

Like I have always been pvp-er and in WoW I get good gear for good rating, a gear that actually boosts a bit DPS/heal in PvP. So this make me wanting the better rating even more. 

So except something, like cosmetic gear, or title, do I earn something that will actually matter in PvP, and if not are devs considering to change this?

Edited by Onlyflameone.2136

2 hours ago, Onlyflameone.2136 said:

Today I am planing to reach platinum division, above the 1 500, but what is the point of this?

Like I have always been pvp-er and in WoW I get good gear for good rating, a gear that actually boosts a bit DPS/heal in PvP. So this make me wanting the better rating even more. 

So except something, like cosmetic gear, or title, do I earn something that will actually matter in PvP, and if not are devs considering to change this?

The forums will come for your meaning on a long enough time line don't worry.

• Confused 5

On 10/12/2021 at 12:09 PM, Morwath.9817 said:

Every reward in sPvP is cosmetic. There are no rewards than give any sort of advantages during sPvP which is how it should be.

However, if you take that Legendary cosmetic into WvW or PvE, its not anymore just cosmetic right? 🙂

Cosmetic is an advantage: just get it gud enuff to dazzle your adversary while you kill him...
This is Guild Fashion Wars 2 after all!

The one good reason on going to at least P1 is to get a better chance at decent games on the prime time since the main  pool you play in is g3 p1 p2(p3). 
There is a big difference in experience going under g2, people are less likely to implode by themselves the higher you go. People might have bad rotations from time to time in g3 p1 but they have decent mechanical skill so you can have some expectations of others . Strangely enough the game is easier to play on higher ranks, cause you are not expected to carry and have less responsibility on the winning conditions.