New Lab Legendaries, redo

Hazteur.8165

So you know its bad when people thinking doing the lich is fun.

I am referring to the two new Legendaries Veltan and Gourdbrinder.

I have no qualms about their appearance, strategy or lore. They are all quite nice.

Maybe Enbiggen them 🙂 .

The main issue really at this point is the health vs reward vs difficultly.

The greatest challenge to these two is sticking around. A mob of players can do probably 5+ laps killing trash in the time it takes to down one of these and get 10x the reward.

More and more people are skipping them, myself included.

I think there needs to be a balance. Simple solution is halve the hit points. Brings it a little more in step, "time wise".

Personally I would prefer lowering the health 60%, but increasing the damage output slightly. Their mechanics are quite manageable if paying attention but presently it doesn't really matter either way.

We just stand there and hack at them for 20minutes presently.

Also you could give them unique rare (not super rare) drop(s) that are not account bound. That makes the time "possibly" worth it. More devalued ToT bags and a yellow wouldnt be enough. I can two of most world bosses in the same time and they are more fun and rewarding.

Anyways personal feedback for next year. Surprised I'm the first to say something. May its on Reddit or I'm alone in my opinion.

My vote is make them a smidge harder lowering hit point pool, rewarding those who pay attention to get it done faster and the community for learning it. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Hazteur.8165 said:

So you know its bad when people thinking doing the lich is fun.

I am referring to the two new Legendaries Veltan and Gourdbrinder.

I have no qualms about their appearance, strategy or lore. They are all quite nice.

Maybe Enbiggen them 🙂 .

The main issue really at this point is the health vs reward vs difficultly.

The greatest challenge to these two is sticking around. A mob of players can do probably 5+ laps killing trash in the time it takes to down one of these and get 10x the reward.

More and more people are skipping them, myself included.

I think there needs to be a balance. Simple solution is halve the hit points. Brings it a little more in step, "time wise".

Personally I would prefer lowering the health 60%, but increasing the damage output slightly. Their mechanics are quite manageable if paying attention but presently it doesn't really matter either way.

We just stand there and hack at them for 20minutes presently.

Also you could give them unique rare (not super rare) drop(s) that are not account bound. That makes the time "possibly" worth it. More devalued ToT bags and a yellow wouldnt be enough. I can two of most world bosses in the same time and they are more fun and rewarding.

Anyways personal feedback for next year. Surprised I'm the first to say something. May its on Reddit or I'm alone in my opinion.

My vote is make them a smidge harder lowering hit point pool, rewarding those who pay attention to get it done faster and the community for learning it. 

Even some account bound unique drops would add some reason to keep repeat killing it.

• Like 1

I completly agree with your post m8, this boss's are boring to do  cause they got way too much hp and groups often run with low dps as well for roaming. They're damage is ez outhealed by any good support. They only drop 1 time the daily chest and then all you get is a louzy big bag the next kills. So big waste of time.. You could almost circle lab two times in same ammount of time and get much more loot...

anyways i think lab as more issues then that and im proposing this on other post.

I really think lab being instanced would fix alot of our issues. they could maybe make public a bit easier. and let private as it is now or make it a bit harder even.

• 2 weeks later...

I think with Gourdbinder all that needs to be changed is to remove his teleport, and possibly make it so his pumpkins can be reflected. (If we can reflect Viscount's candy corn, why not the pumpkins?) Players would still need to dodge his launches so it's not quite as easy as just everybody stacking on the Lich, but the fact that he's stationary means that players can now also dump DoTs and condi fields on his location which would vastly speed up DPS. Because Gourdbinder teleports around so often (and because his pumpkin spin knocks players back), it's hard both for melee AND ranged players to hurt him, which is why so many maps just skip him.

For Harrower, I think the first change would be to remove the knockback she does on her 3rd swing. She's already annoying enough with her rapid movement (but since she's a Willbender, that's kind of in keeping with her aesthetic and so I think it should stay) for melee types, without being knocked back every 6s. To make her dashes just a tad less annoying, make it so she only does ONE dash, and only for players who are beyond 1000 range. This means that the strategy for Harrower is for everybody to stack close (or semi-close, if you're a ranged type), and they just need to be dodge back out of range if she does her dome spin attack.

• Like 1

One of the things I'd like to see from the new bosses (and old ones) is give them unique drops that you have a chance to get with every time you kill them. Lich - Original Scythe Staff; Steve - Greatsaw; Gourdbinder - severed dagger, etc.... Since these drops have been removed from the ToT bags it would be nice to have a way to get those.

I would like to see fewer teleports with Gourdbinder and way less knockbacks from Harrower. None of them are hard to kill but all of the movement skills from them make them annoying to fight.

• Thanks 1