Unrevealed map speculation thread

So I would like to see your oppinions about areas of tyria that are yet to be discovered.

Such as Scavengers Causeway, Dzalana, Blazeridge Mountains, Dominion of Winds, North Maguuma Wastes, Janthir Bay, Tarnished Coast; and others.

Do you think we will ever go there?

What we will find?

What's the story with those areas?

Your thoughts please.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
Dominion
  • Like 1

My opinion is that we should be able to explore every area that is visible on the world map so i would love to be able to go to those places as well. I always found dumb that, for example, the areas west and north of Divinity's Reach are unexplored. It's the human capital, and we don't know what lies just outside its walls? Nonsense. However, i don't think we will. They had nine years to create content for those areas of the world and they didn't, and now next expansion is taking us further away in another continent. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I don't know what might be in these unexplored areas but I hope we find out one day. I'm looking forward to the time after EoD (and probably after the Living World season that will follow it) when Anet won't be able to keep rehashing areas that were in GW1 because they've done them all and we get to go somewhere near instead.

I realise nostalgia sells and a lot of people like to know what they're going to get from upcoming storylines because it's the same things they've seen before but I'm much more excited at the idea of going somewhere new and different and exploring parts of Tyria we currently know nothing about.

3 hours ago, Sir Alric.5078 said:

My opinion is that we should be able to explore every area that is visible on the world map so i would love to be able to go to those places as well. I always found dumb that, for example, the areas west and north of Divinity's Reach are unexplored. It's the human capital, and we don't know what lies just outside its walls? Nonsense. However, i don't think we will. They had nine years to create content for those areas of the world and they didn't, and now next expansion is taking us further away in another continent. 

I don't think they're all unexplored, unknown areas, they just haven't been mentioned to us as players because it hasn't come up in the story so far. For example when we went to Grothmar Valley at the start of IBS it wasn't a new, undiscovered area. A lot of the charr live there and there's probably a lot of travel between the Black Citadel and the Blood Legion fortress there, we just hadn't heard about it before because it wasn't relevant to us.

There's probably a lot of people in Divinity's Reach who know what's west and north of the city, there might even be people who go there regularly (or live there and visit the city), we just don't hear about them.

(It's not even unrealistic, I've been living in my current town for 6 years and I haven't been to a similarly sized town 20 miles away since before I moved here, rarely meet anyone from there and can't remember the last time I talked about it because I have no reason to do so. I've been to lots of places further away and a lot of the smaller towns and villages around here but never had a reason to go in that direction. Although now I'm tempted to go just because I realised I haven't.)

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 6

Technically Doric Lake was originally supposed to be the entire lake around the whole city vs the small map it is now east of the city from LWS3. North-east of that area would be the Woodland Cascades area from GW1 EOTN expansion. But would definitely be interesting to see just north of Lake Doric where it connects to the coast and Janthir bay.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 4:18 PM, Fueki.4753 said:

Four maps have been confirmed so far:

Shing Jea

Echovald Wilds

Jade Sea

New Kaineng City

Unless they are simply not going to do map tour live streams for further maps, that'll be all.

The map on the expansion site had 4 markers from the beginning (that are placed in roughtly the spots where we could expect for those 4 abovementioned maps), even when we've had only Shing Jea confirmed, so i guess that's it for the basic EoD release. Notice, though, that there will be some additional maps in LS6 that will follow after the expansion. Unfortunately, whether those will be places we already heard about or not, and whether they will be from Canthan region, somewhere else, or a mix of those is hard to guess.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, costepj.5120 said:

I think that extended area corresponds to The Wilds in GW1?

The Wilds area of GW1 is north of The Silverwastes and possibly extends into the raid maps north of Verdant Brink.

Dry Top doesn't even correspond to where it is in the GW1 map. The map in GW1 for Dry Top is where the roundish looking mesa/plateau is on the map south of the western portion of Dry Top. What we got in GW2 more corresponds to where Ettin's Back was.

Edited by Faridah.8431
  • Thanks 1

We are going to a whole new continent in EoD. (Well, new to GW2 and so, to many of the players, too.) I think, if we are going to explore new areas beyond the expansion, they will more likely be in Cantha.

My preference, though, would be the large sections of the map north of Kryta and Maguuma, but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe if they returned to releasing a map with every episode in Season 6, like they did in S3 & 4, then I would be hopeful. Those maps popped up at seemingly random places.