Will Beta 4 have changes to e-specs?

Beta 4 lets us play all 9 new e-specs, and try out siege turtle. My question is, will there be updates to the e-specs since we go to try them through the first three betas and gave feedback? Or will this just be the chance to play all the e-specs together, but identical to the first three betas?

• Like 2

There will be updates, there pretty much has to be.  Otherwise this will be the shortest lived beta event ever.  I would anticipate updates before the beta, hopefully synergizing core traits with beta eSpecs more effectively.  Likely some number tweaks, updated animations, and maybe some tightening up to the overall themes of each new eSpec.

I'd also anticipate several iterations after that beta prior to EoD launch, and then another pass or two within 6 months of EoD.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

There will be updates, there pretty much has to be.  Otherwise this will be the shortest lived beta event ever.  I would anticipate updates before the beta, hopefully synergizing core traits with beta eSpecs more effectively.  Likely some number tweaks, updated animations, and maybe some tightening up to the overall themes of each new eSpec.

I'd also anticipate several iterations after that beta prior to EoD launch, and then another pass or two within 6 months of EoD.

Heck i'm looking forward to Catalyst already. Will it be a redemption story?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Raiken.1476 said:

What's the point of another beta if the specs won't be changed according to the previous one?

I'm waiting for my vindication...

Well, the previous betas only had three e specs at a time, so no one knows how they play together. By beta 4, no one will have fought a catalyst while playing a willbender, for example.

I expect tweaks, but it’s hard to tell nowadays whether a beta is really a test or just an excitement building preview (at least in intent).

• Like 3

On 10/16/2021 at 7:35 PM, Gibson.4036 said:

Well, the previous betas only had three e specs at a time, so no one knows how they play together. By beta 4, no one will have fought a catalyst while playing a willbender, for example.

I expect tweaks, but it’s hard to tell nowadays whether a beta is really a test or just an excitement building preview (at least in intent).

They probably collect performance data, just like they do for the live game. So nothing is just a preview. I would hazard a guess, the only changes we will see is if someone finds some synergy that makes a class performance go way out of hand.

Edited by PseudoNewb.5468

On 10/14/2021 at 5:08 PM, Danikat.8537 said:

I doubt there will be any major changes, but I agree it would be weird to have no changes at all, otherwise it seems a little pointless to have 2 beta tests for each profession.

In all honesty the beta events have always been more about marketing the expansion than gathering feedback.

Edited by witcher.3197
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

It's likely there will be some balance tweaks and other such modifications, but I doubt we'll see big class overhauls unless one was particularly disfunctional *cough* virtuoso aiming *cough* or particularly exploit worthy *More Cough* Bladesworn rocket jumping over walls *cough*.

On 10/14/2021 at 5:08 PM, Danikat.8537 said:

I doubt there will be any major changes, but I agree it would be weird to have no changes at all, otherwise it seems a little pointless to have 2 beta tests for each profession.

To see the interaction between the other 6 elite specs. So far we have only seen interaction between 3 elite specs at the same time..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The community seems generally unhappy with the e-specs in their current state, based on forum and in-game feedback, so I can’t imagine there will not be changes based on that feedback before launch. Otherwise, what’s the point of the betas? Hopefully a decent amount of changes will be implemented for beta 4, because another round of testing is needed before launch. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1) How should we know?
2) It would be a missed opportunity to not change anything for the 4th beta
3) Don't expect them to fundamentally change an elite. I doubt there has been enough time to completely redesign core aspects of an elite.
4) "But m..muh mounts...everything is possible" - Sure, possible, yet still unlikely.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

yes there will be.

Alot of people assume things. but when ur Beta testing a Product during development U will generally, fix as many bugs surrounding it. get the core concepts down then freeze a Copy of that exact Model and have it put onto a other server. this means the exact product ur betaing is Behind where the Actual product is because they'd of frozen that snipit from Months prior you betaing them.

And heres basically why.

Because if they tried to launch the very latest version, it'd give them 0 Time to try and debug and get them as Playable "Stability wise" in the live game.

so the Version of ur Elite you Tested. was Outdated during the time you testing them. The same with the 4th wave. they likely after getting feedback on all 9. Did some more Polish and Recreated a Frozen copy of those Elites ready for the next launch. but they'll have None of the development time from the moment of frozen uptoo the Time of Arrival Actually implemented into them.. so they'll still be behind the current model / numbers / design

you will never actually beta Test a Updated version of these speccs so to speak prior EoDs actual launch.

So the ones we played felt incomplete and weak, they're not susposed to feel differently. They're basically there to test core concepts as such the blue prints of the actual elite in development. so what we see in the 4th wave will likely be different to the ones we saw.. in some cases traits maybe completely different, because they'd of used certain traits to bandaid certain problems in the design to get them functional.

hence why open betas rarely work to begin with imho.

• Confused 2

I doubt very seriously they will have any significant changes simply because it took them years to develop these specs. They have been working on them all this time, they do not have the time to change them in any major way, and its a shame. They dont have the teams they used to have so that means less manpower, many of the designers and devs are gone.

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

I doubt very seriously they will have any significant changes simply because it took them years to develop these specs. They have been working on them all this time, they do not have the time to change them in any major way, and its a shame. They dont have the teams they used to have so that means less manpower, many of the designers and devs are gone.

There was a video of one of the devs stating that all eSpecs have seen varying levels of tweaks and changes since Beta 3.   I believe it was during a stream for the Extra Life event. 

What that means remains to be seen but as anticipated, they will offer some revisions for beta 4 and likely for EoD launch (and again after launch).

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 1:25 AM, Avatara.1042 said:

They need to be substantial, not just number tweaks and tooltip changes.

Ok, thanks for the information 😉 

(...which basically boiled down to "meaningful changes need to be meaningful")

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3