Map search option?

yeozi.2475

On the topic of making the game more accessible to newer players or those of us who have disabilities such as older eyes, have you considered adding a map search function? It needn't be anything fancy. A simple 'type it in and a flashy is added to your big map and on your mini map' would be nice. Even a message saying  "That area is somewhere with the fog of war of  area "X" would be nice." You see, for people like me, with no sense of direction and eyes over the age of 40 and not much game background or ability to remember locations due to a stroke, I spend WAY too much time searching your map trying to remember where I'm going. Even day to day, to places I've been ten times before, I will scan the map of a big zone looking for the right way point just to find something I should have no trouble getting to.  To be honest, it is embarrassing when someone is waiting on you and makes you anxious to commit to groups. I feel sure others have come across this issue since similar functions exist in other games. Please consider this modification to make the lives of our small population easier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I, who am younger, have decent eyes, a reasonable memory, and a good sense of direction would also like a map search feature. Because the map is humongous - and it's only getting bigger. It would just be a nice-to-have in-game feature since minimizing to wiki it each time gets to be a PITA.

(I have multiple monitors, but even in windowed mode for some reason GW2 refuses to just let me put the focus on another application without getting minimized - which is annoying because you also still have an old bug that will let the cursor wander off-screen during a fight, but that's another topic entirely.)

• 2 weeks later...