Can't log in!

I am staying at place that has a firewall that blocks me from using GW2. As such, I am using a VPN (Bitdefender) to get through the firewall, but now can't log in to GW2 (I can however access the internet, download GW2 data, and log in here). I have exempted GW2 from Bitdefender, reinstalled GW2, restarted my computer, rebooted the modem, plus every other thing GW2 recommend for an error 7 plus a few ideas I found online, but have had not luck. I have also contacted GW2 and Bitdefender, but responses take awhile and I want to resolve this problem asap. Has anyone had a similar experience and how did you resolve the problem?

Thanks for the help! 

10 hours ago, Leto.4629 said:

As such, I am using a VPN (Bitdefender) to get through the firewall, but now can't log in to GW2

Are you saying you were able to login without the VPN? If there's a bug with the VPN's software, only disabling or uninstalling it is going to work, since exempting GW2 still means GW2 is having to work through the VPN. If you exempted Gw2-64.exe specifically, note you also have to exempt Gw2-64.tmp and bin64/CoherentUI_Host.exe.

You could also try using port 80 or 443:
-clientport 80

5 hours ago, Healix.5819 said:

Are you saying you were able to login without the VPN? If there's a bug with the VPN's software, only disabling or uninstalling it is going to work, since exempting GW2 still means GW2 is having to work through the VPN. If you exempted Gw2-64.exe specifically, note you also have to exempt Gw2-64.tmp and bin64/CoherentUI_Host.exe.

You could also try using port 80 or 443:
-clientport 80

Thanks Healix. I can normally login without the VPN when using a different network. The network I am currently on for the next month has a firewall that won't let GW2 through. As such, I am using a VPN to get through it, but I get an error 7 message when I use the VPN. I will try your suggestions and hope they work. I just really want to go say hi to Steve. Thank you.