Bug: upgrading to EoD does not count as purchasing an "expansion" for free accounts.

I upgraded my "alt" account with End of Dragons, mostly to access masteries. However, I still cannot use them: the same message that you see on a free/unpaid account that masteries are locked and that you must "upgrade your account with a Guild Wars 2 expansion to access masteries" remains. Does anyone know how to fix this? If I've purchased an expansion, shouldn't my account now be a paid account and be able to unlock masteries?

33 minutes ago, Meander.4092 said:

I upgraded my "alt" account with End of Dragons, mostly to access masteries. However, I still cannot use them: the same message that you see on a free/unpaid account that masteries are locked and that you must "upgrade your account with a Guild Wars 2 expansion to access masteries" remains. Does anyone know how to fix this? If I've purchased an expansion, shouldn't my account now be a paid account and be able to unlock masteries?

You preputhased an expansion yes but there is nothing that will be added before febuary when it launches.

If you wanted mastries now, you would have had to have bought the complete collection hot, pof and eod.

So sadly no masteries, you should have 5 character slots, daily login, free to send gold to main now tho right?

The wording is confusing: I would have expected going by the way the mastery lock screen is worded that any free account that purchased EoD (given we're given certain things in advance, ie extra character slots, better access to the trading post, etc) would also unlock core masteries which allegedly require any expansion. It's really not like your example at all: any expansion is supposed to unlock certain things, and it's almost certainly an oversight that everything else is unlocked regardless of what expansion you buy, except if you pre-purchase EoD the one thing that is locked is Core Masteries.

20 minutes ago, Meander.4092 said:

The wording is confusing: I would have expected going by the way the mastery lock screen is worded that any free account that purchased EoD (given we're given certain things in advance, ie extra character slots, better access to the trading post, etc) would also unlock core masteries which allegedly require any expansion. It's really not like your example at all: any expansion is supposed to unlock certain things, and it's almost certainly an oversight that everything else is unlocked regardless of what expansion you buy, except if you pre-purchase EoD the one thing that is locked is Core Masteries.

Well core, hot or even pof mastries are unlocked when you go into an area from each expansion.

Since you bought an expansion thats not even out how do you go into an area of that expansion to unlock core+eod masteries?

You have never been able to unlock core mastries without going into an expansion map.

3 hours ago, Meander.4092 said:

Even purchasing Heart of Thorns/Path of Fire does not unlock Masteries.  Masteries can only be unlocked by completing certain content (within an expansion).  It is difficult to complete content that has yet to be released. 

You might consider perusing the Wiki on how Masteries, Core or otherwise, are unlocked. 

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234