Living World S2 not offering achievements on subsequent playthrough

As I understand it, and if I recall from when it originally came out, after a character on your account played through the season missions, the achievements become available on subsequent play throughs, even on a different character that hadn't played it before.

As I've been playing through the 'Return to' Season 2 content (all chapters), the game is not offering achievements.  I'm playing on a character that didn't play through the content yet.  Another character on the account did the entire season missions, and the Achievement tracker has the completion marked.  ie. Gates of Maguuma Completed.  

This is happening on my EU account.  I don't know if it's happening on NA, as my account there did the achievements long ago.

Thank you for finding that information.  I looked again and see that it says that on the Gates of Maguuma (achievements) page.

Interestingly, I had looked at the Point of No Return (achievements) page, which doesn't mention having to be on the same character.  It simply states:  The achievements unlock after completing the story for the first time, and can then be earned by replaying the episode.

Edited by Ra Ra.9423
adding info/explanation

On 10/14/2021 at 8:42 AM, Ra Ra.9423 said:

Thank you for finding that information.  I looked again and see that it says that on the Gates of Maguuma (achievements) page.

Interestingly, I had looked at the Point of No Return (achievements) page, which doesn't mention having to be on the same character.  It simply states:  The achievements unlock after completing the story for the first time, and can then be earned by replaying the episode.

Well it do say it can be earned after replaying the episode hence the character must have played the episode before right?

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well it do say it can be earned after replaying the episode hence the character must have played the episode before right?

However, the replaying part can also be understood as replaying with another character.

After all, you are replaying it as a player.

Edited by Fueki.4753

I completed Return to Gates of Maguuma and Entanglement and Return to A Crack in the Ice on a new character. I played the story to level 10 then used a level 80 booster. I'm wondering if the booster sets a flag that allows this. I don't feel like putting the energy into playing a chapter with a level 80 character that hasn't been boosted. Is your character level 80? That alone might prevent it.

Oh wait, which achievements are you talking about, Ra Ra? If you mean ones like Sneaky Sleuth during Party Politics, then yeah, can't be done on first playthrough. I thought you meant the "Return to" achievements.

From the wiki:

None of the below achievements can be obtained on the first play through of the story on a given character, and may only be obtained on subsequent visits on that character.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Party_Politics

I just realized that this is similar to the line Inculpatus cedo quoted. Someone must have updated the Wiki.

Edited by Grunties.6178
  • Confused 1