What do you want from the Bladesworn runes?

Since we get 250 ferocity from the traitline I'd rather not get it from the rune, but odds are we will. 

I'd rather it not be Might gain on ammo use, though if it were burn foes in an area on ammo use that would be interesting. OH Pistol would drop lots of burning then and so would Gunsaber. Would turn the spec into an viable condi one.

Personally though I'd like it to proc a defensive boon like protection, resolution, aegis, or resistance when using an ammo skill on a 10s CD. Bonus points if it is in an area. 2-3s duration maybe.

• Confused 1

Something like one or two stacks of stability when using a Burst or Dragon Trigger skill would be nice.

That would help a lot for actually making that mechanic work in more situations.

Maybe it could even get a modified version for sPvP and WvW that gives two stacks, due to the CC spam there.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Confused 1
3 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Since we get 250 ferocity from the traitline I'd rather not get it from the rune, but odds are we will. 

I'd rather it not be Might gain on ammo use, though if it were burn foes in an area on ammo use that would be interesting. OH Pistol would drop lots of burning then and so would Gunsaber. Would turn the spec into an viable condi one.

Personally though I'd like it to proc a defensive boon like protection, resolution, aegis, or resistance when using an ammo skill on a 10s CD. Bonus points if it is in an area. 2-3s duration maybe.

45 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Something like one or two stacks of stability when using a Burst or Dragon Trigger skill would be nice.

That would help a lot for actually making that mechanic work in more situations.

Maybe it could even get a modified version for sPvP and WvW that gives two stacks, due to the CC spam there.

I'm liking a hybrid of these ideas. Namely, stability on ammo skill usage. This would also help the Dragon Trigger since it has two built in ammo skills (aegis and teleportation).

Rune of the Blade Sworn:

1: +250 Power

2: +250 Power

3: +250 Power

4: +250 Power

5: +250 Power

6: +250 Power; Gain ferocity equal to 25% of power when using a kit or bundle (Gunblade is categorized as a kit)

This is perfectly balanced and you can’t convince me otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
5 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Rune of the Blade Sworn:

1: +250 Power

2: +250 Power

3: +250 Power

4: +250 Power

5: +250 Power

6: +250 Power; Gain ferocity equal to 25% of power when using a kit or bundle (Gunblade is categorized as a kit)

This is perfectly balanced and you can’t convince me otherwise.

And even with this rune, Warrior still somehow would end up with subpar damage, while power Reaper would top the meters (and Shroud would have to be considered a kit a bundle as well).

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Confused 1

I would go another route. What does the spec need? Condition tanking. It also needs some boons and mitigation of dmg. 

I'd go with something more defensive this time around. Something that may open up for other classes to use. And although I don't rly like the idea of helping the other classes, if it is for warrior to be better let's do it! 

1: +50 toughness

2: - 5% Inc condi duration

3: +100 toughness

4: - 10% Inc condi dmg

5: Convert 5% of ferocity into toughness

6: Every 3 explosions convert a condi you suffer from into a Boon (3 sec icd). 

7 to 10% Damage bonus on swiftness similar to Spellbreaker rune. That's easier to satisfy on Bladesworn running Burst Mastery.

Bladesworn really isn't tuned to be a WVW or PVP spec. Just charging the Dragon trigger is rather counterproductive, you're better off getting a hit in one blow than having people run away and not get the subpar full damage (the third order polynomial doesn't change the fact that a full charge Dragon Trigger -Boost is 2.0 coefficient as opposed to 40.0 in PVE ; Dragon Trigger -Force is ~2.6 maximum coefficient in PVP/WVW and 50.0 max coefficient in PVE). In PVE if dragon trigger is rebalanced the spec won't be strong as DPS anymore (see PVP/WVW).

See

Any toughness below 150 is kind of pointless, if you want toughness just run karka potion as utility if it is WVW.

Edited by Infusion.7149
5 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

What if I swear to just use this rune when playing sword holosmith? That makes me a bladesworn too, right?

Semantically, Holosmith is closer to Lightforged, though.

And your mechanic literally is forging weapons out of light and not all of them are blades.

You can even opt out of using any blade at all, so Holosmith isn't sworn to blades at all.

Edited by Fueki.4753
3 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

My prediction. 

(1): +25  Vita

(2): +35  Thoughness

(3): +50  Vita

(4): +65  Thoughness

(5): +100  Vita

(6): 10% Dmg reduction while standing still. 

I like this. Better yet, 50% dmg reduction. Truly an unshakable mountain. 

With the change to dmg mitigation multipliers its not even that crazy of a number. Assuming you'd even think of running defense with Bladesworn which is probably the least fitting traitline imo. 

If 50% is too much, make it 25%.

1 hour ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

I like this. Better yet, 50% dmg reduction. Truly an unshakable mountain. 

With the change to dmg mitigation multipliers its not even that crazy of a number. Assuming you'd even think of running defense with Bladesworn which is probably the least fitting traitline imo. 

If 50% is too much, make it 25%.

Hey this is a great buff to 100B, Flurry, and Killshot! Since reductions are all multiplicative now go for 50%.

Honestly this isn't a bad idea at all you two. And to be fair I can see thieves using it while stealthed to not go down instantly when people drop AoEs where they think the thief is.

Though I think everyone would run that run for stacking on bosses, so maybe 50% would be too high after all...

4 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

so maybe 50% would be too high after all...

50% would be far too high. GW2 is designed around damage avoidance (dodge, block, etc) and getting a 25-50% reduction for standing still would be HUGE and go against the design philosophy of the game, especially if that was pure damage (condi + strike).

Does anyone know the math when Toughness drops off in efficacy? Could it be a +% to Toughness as a % of Ferocity? Synergizes with the Guns & Glory trait and players into if people go for the Defensive Traitline to wring more power out of a defensive build

12 minutes ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

50% would be far too high. GW2 is designed around damage avoidance (dodge, block, etc) and getting a 25-50% reduction for standing still would be HUGE and go against the design philosophy of the game, especially if that was pure damage (condi + strike).

Does anyone know the math when Toughness drops off in efficacy? Could it be a +% to Toughness as a % of Ferocity? Synergizes with the Guns & Glory trait and players into if people go for the Defensive Traitline to wring more power out of a defensive build

You have to gain toughness equal to your base defense in order to take half damage from a power attack. For a warrior that would be an extra 2271 toughness.

But building off of your suggestion:

1) +25 Ferocity

2) +35 Toughness

3)+50 Ferocity

4) +65 Toughness

5) +100 Ferocity

6) +7% of your Ferocity as toughness. +125 Precision

This somewhat follows the pattern for Rune of the Undead, but with all the ferocity it seemed like the extra +stats on the 6th bonus should be Precision. I'd be down for either toughness or ferocity as the +stat on the 6th bonus though.