Working on Aurora and it is depressing, frustrating, and absolutely the opposite of fun.

Tarrek.7436

4 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

OP just did a very poor describing the problem.

The actual issue seems to be the drop of https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Petrified_Burl

I dont remember that part. I made aurora a few months ago before this event started and had to manually farm everything. I just remember the stumps being needed for that map.

5 minutes ago, Zalavaaris.5329 said:

I dont remember that part. I made aurora a few months ago before this event started and had to manually farm everything. I just remember the stumps being needed for that map.

As I mention previously, these drops for collections seems to have some weird hidden system where they either drop very quickly or it takes forever to drop which seems to be determined on a per character basis. You probably got this drop quickly so you didn't notice. I also got nearly everything relatively quickly. Keyword being nearly.... 😞

The jade core took 9 UG runs

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 10:02 PM, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Word of advice, because the return to season 3 spotlight weeks are over, you might want to attempt doing the group events when the zone is spotlit for the dailies. Both s3 and s4 cycle which episode is spotlit for the daily achievements.

I have recently finished Aurora and did all the "Return to..." achievements in the two weeks before Halloween, starting from season 2 on a character that had never played the LW before. I never had an issue of "not enough people on the maps". I could do everything "on demand", as it were, even on maps that were long past their focus week.

Maybe after Halloween ends, things will return to normal.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

As I mention previously, these drops for collections seems to have some weird hidden system where they either drop very quickly or it takes forever to drop which seems to be determined on a per character basis. You probably got this drop quickly so you didn't notice. I also got nearly everything relatively quickly. Keyword being nearly.... 😞

The jade core took 9 UG runs

I don't remember going out of my way getting the Petrified Burl, most likely because I was farming those nodes anyways for the currency. Remove the need for the currency and the Burl can become problematic.

Also, kitten the Jade Core.

The only "bad" part about doing any Legendary is the Gift of Battle (and any other WvW-specific obligations).

The rest of it may have some rough spots, but at least you only have to do them once and they are done forever.

On the flip side, the monotony of the Gift of Battle is forever. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, mtpelion.4562 said:

The only "bad" part about doing any Legendary is the Gift of Battle (and any other WvW-specific obligations).

The rest of it may have some rough spots, but at least you only have to do them once and they are done forever.

This boggles my mind. One reward track is not that much WvW. And since it takes a long time to get everything, you should be able to time GoB runs for bonus weeks.

17 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

This boggles my mind. One reward track is not that much WvW. And since it takes a long time to get everything, you should be able to time GoB runs for bonus weeks.

Could also get it through the dailies though that does require being in a guild with enough upgrades.

I have made several legendaries that way.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, mtpelion.4562 said:

That's a bit like saying "One lobotomy is not that much surgery."

Wow, you really dislike WvW.

In my experience recently, you could choose to pretty much PvE your way through it even.  Get some stealth, read the map, and make it a challenge to hit shrines/camps/guards without getting caught. If you do, it's a no-penalty WP and out you go again. With boosters and call of war, it's a half dozen hours for a GoB. That's extremely light compared to a lot of the other requirements for legendaries.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Wow, you really dislike WvW.

In my experience recently, you could choose to pretty much PvE your way through it even.  Get some stealth, read the map, and make it a challenge to hit shrines/camps/guards without getting caught. If you do, it's a no-penalty WP and out you go again. With boosters and call of war, it's a half dozen hours for a GoB. That's extremely light compared to a lot of the other requirements for legendaries.

Plus just daily potions, man. Some days you don’t even have to leave the garrison 

• Like 2

On 10/17/2021 at 10:52 PM, Zalavaaris.5329 said:

you need them. i remember it and it was years ago because of the very low drop rate. But is doable. just needs some time and you can do other maps.

Crafting pre for Aurora and Vision was for me the most fun i ever had in GW2. the annoying part is the 2nd half But you get now many Mystic Coins from the Return to ....

Generally it's easier to find groups when that particular map is the highlight of the Living World Season 3 dailies. Outside of that I don't know what to tell you. You can also pre-emptively make squads a few minutes before the event, sometimes, even if people don't join your squad, they show up for the event. it's how I did TP metas way back before the revamp of the season dailies. 

Also, I did anything that required many players when that particular episode was highlighted. That's all the advice I really have. Exploit the memeyness of the community. And build your own memes. If you're a member of many guilds, you may also be surprised how willing some people are to help. Just shout out, you literally have nothing to lose. 

Edited by Firebeard.1746
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, mtpelion.4562 said:

It takes less than half as long with 1/10th the effort to get GoB compared to getting GoE but no the monotomy of it compared to PvE last forever.

regardless if OP has a point or not, people REALLY think that " i had no issue why did you/ you hate it, stop doing it" is going to solve anything when its merely platitudes wrapped around mere personal anecdotes.

" you do not need it" yes people actually DO need it to avoid buying more templates,  inventory bag space or use a full character slot or buy one. 

heck t he  fact NOBODY will ever buy an amulet ever again with the return to living world rewards soon means tons of gold and inventory space saved already.

Edited by ShroomOneUp.6913
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

14 hours ago, medivh.4725 said:

So is their jumping puzzle. Looking at 'Gauntlet Reclaimer' make me want quit

It's a very manageable puzzle, and also you can just do the "Bonus" strike mission which you were gonna do anyway because it's super easy and grants you the equivalent of a monthly reward chest basically for free.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ShroomOneUp.6913 said:

regardless if OP has a point or not, people REALLY think that " i had no issue why did you/ you hate it, stop doing it" is going to solve anything when its merely platitudes wrapped around mere personal anecdotes.

Well, as a parent, I can vouch for "Other people manage it, what's your ish?" as an invaluable rhetorical device.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1