Greatsword catalyst.

Gwaymor.9607

Yeah, I know, it's late and maybe moot point. But it has been my dream for years. And it's not like I'm gonna offend anybody by sharing the dream, aren't I? So while the class still isn't set in stone, and as I read in forums, many are disappointed by its new weapon's performance, maybe there's still time to change its main weapon? The elementalist is a graceful and high skill class, for crying out loud, so that was exactly what I did when the data-mining rumors about hammers proved to be true - I cried out loud, may the neighbors forgive me.  'Cause yeah, take the sledgehammer and whack some things with it, very graceful.

Anyone feel the same way? It's up to us to at least try to express our desires to SHAPE UP the game we play, so - anyone?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

To be honest, I think ANY weapon would be better than hammer. I know Anet wants to "defy" stereotypes and all that jazz, but imho hammer is the pinnacle of "not making any sense" on a class that's supposed to be the weakest ( strenght-wise ). I have a hard time imagining my Ele even lifting a hammer (which is like the most heavy weapon in the game ), let alone swinging it around in 100-blades style --'

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Zaxx.8125 said:

To be honest, I think ANY weapon would be better than hammer. I know Anet wants to "defy" stereotypes and all that jazz, but imho hammer is the pinnacle of "not making any sense" on a class that's supposed to be the weakest ( strenght-wise ). I have a hard time imagining my Ele even lifting a hammer (which is like the most heavy weapon in the game ), let alone swinging it around in 100-blades style --'

Elementalists are flinging around gigantic boulders, throw massive iceberg-sized shards of frozen water at enemies and all that stuff.

And you struggle to imagine them swinging a hammer... are you serious? If It's really that hard for you, just use a stone-skinned hammer and imagine your elementalist is using their earth magic to bash enemies with it.

• Like 6
  • Confused 3

11 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Elementalists are flinging around gigantic boulders, throw massive iceberg-sized shards of frozen water at enemies and all that stuff.

And you struggle to imagine them swinging a hammer... are you serious? If It's really that hard for you, just use a stone-skinned hammer and imagine your elementalist is using their earth magic to bash enemies with it.

Anet should of went with an "orb" head hammer where ele "swings" the hammer and the orb head flys and dose an magic attk. I guess they could of make it an orb like image but the hammer stays in-tacked but the "class" wepon would be a lot like the added Comet Hammer from the Gem store but more ele like. I am not sure how you would do that with a GS other then the blade is thrown at targets just dose not feel ele like more memzer or even necro to throw a blade ele should be more about an impacted.

Now only if we could get the hammer to feel much more impactful in both dmg and utility (as well as add in a "hammer head/ orb throw" to its animations.)

• Like 1

My question still remains,  Why give them access to a weapon that the already have access to?  They can conjure a Greatsword, Hammer, Bow and Axe.   Why not give them access to weapon swap since most classes have evolved to utilize the "F" skills.  (Scourge, Firebrand, Soulbeast, Deadeye, Warrior, Engi, etc...) or at least a useful ranged weapon.  (Oh yes I know that the staff exist, with it inability to be viable at close combat..)  Give them a rapid firing Shortbow, or a Pistol (as much as I hate that Idea of Pistol).  At least the ele won't be locked in to Melee or far Ranged for the entire duration of the encounter.  (I do use the scepter also, yet it is the only choice available for mid/close range combat for the Ele and not always Ideal for mob situations; a second choice or weapon swap would be a great option)

I think the Orb was a novel Idea, if it was given the right amount of time to utilize, but as usual, this isn't the case. 

Edited by Tubalz.9831
  • Confused 1

Out of all the weapons to choose from including conjures they picked the slowest weapon possible. It is horrible especially having two elements ranged and two melee. I really wanted longbow for the weapon but greatsword would have been a better option than hammer. Though now that I think about it, they would have probably ruined longbow by making it melee as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...