Celestial/Minstrel Manifesto [Merged]

Vallun.2071

On 2/9/2022 at 5:39 AM, Reborn.2934 said:

Excellent choice of video for the topic against ARMOR STATS (celestial,mistrel) and thank you that you post it.

if someone REALLY watch it he will see what made this fight victorius for this player...

3 reasons. 

1) skills-masteries-traits (unkown for us , they are his/her secret)

2)  BLOCKS

3) EVADES!

i will not speak about 1) because this topic is about armor stats but for 2) and 3) reasons.

But, CELESTIAL OR MINSTREL ARMOR STATS have nothing to do about 1) or 2) or 3)!!!

so,  if someone wants to blame something about this OP situtation blame ...

a) sigil of energy* + runes + traits that give more endurance resrtoration for unlimited EVADES . read more :https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endurance

and

b) SHIELD (SKILLS + traits) that can used by an engineer in ANY Specialization unlike Memser for example that can use shield only with chrono spec.

The correction should be on skills corrections and on runes or sigils that are creating exploitations like this on video and not on armer stats because PEOPLE HAVE INVENTED ON THESE ARMORS!

STOP SCREWING YOUR PLAYERBASE'S TIME PLEASE.

* do you understand dear reader why this sigil is and was one of the most expensive?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAo6lFwcYaMQWKOKTetWA-z1IY1op/MCUB0rEQxHgA2MvF6X2A-w

This is basically what he was running here, Full Celestial Scrapper.  If you haven't fought one you have no idea how annoying it is to fight, this build is a combination of many vary strong skills, Grenade Kit (we all know this is op), Defense Field (a short CD skill that counters both CC and Projectiles), Super Speed, (high movement speed increase made even stronger by the constant application of the Cripple debuff by Shrapnel), Kinetic Accelerators (high quickness uptime and a giving 13% boon duration from converting power into concentration).

As you can probably guess the #1 weakness of this build is condition builds like condi/celestial rev (less so now that swap sigils were nerfed).

Edited by SleepyBat.9034
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2022 at 6:29 PM, SleepyBat.9034 said:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAo6lFwcYaMQWKOKTetWA-z1IY1op/MCUB0rEQxHgA2MvF6X2A-w

This is basically what he was running here, Full Celestial Scrapper.  If you haven't fought one you have no idea how annoying it is to fight, this build is a combination of many vary strong skills, Grenade Kit (we all know this is op), Defense Field (a short CD skill that counters both CC and Projectiles), Super Speed, (high movement speed increase made even stronger by the constant application of the Cripple debuff by Shrapnel), Kinetic Accelerators (high quickness uptime and a giving 13% boon duration from converting power into concentration).

As you can probably guess the #1 weakness of this build is condition builds like condi/celestial rev (less so now that swap sigils were nerfed).

exactly to the point.

the skills is the problem not the armor and something that nobody speaks as i saw after the expansions.

SOFT CAPS

Concentration has not soft cap like toughness (armor) had from the beginning of the game (i don't know if they removed it now).

this lack of soft cap on cencentration lead to the 78.6% MORE boon duration and on some builds (i am not speaking here about synergy usage on parties) this is almost double time more boon duration on roaming fights..

This lack of soft caps affects parties too because it removes the necessity gamer has skills and now gamer needs to has only good build / armor to be good gw2 player.

i think devs understood that was mistake the 10 skills affect and they changed to 5 on EoD expansion , exactly where it was at the beginning of the game.

Now they should re-think about the soft-caps on self toughness/healing/concentration to avoid exploited builds like this you just posted that has ALL THE BOONS except aegis and alacrity... lol

Edited by Reborn.2934
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I don't know if this has been written before but i don't wanna read 7 pages of this so,

Years of balance in PvP are a quite vivid proof of the fact that removing or nerfing stat combinations doesn't solve kitten, you can literally mix combinations and have the same results anyway in WvW, so please, let's not bring the "remove everything with toughness/vitality+healing power" here. Really, trust me, it won't bring any good.

Heal/tank and support were always in the same role in wvw (mostly as guardian) with the sole exception of might which used to be granted by warriors in the core game, and is still now granted mostly by dps classes, mainly herald, not by supports. Guard empowers reach the first spike at most as you can't stop for 2s to channel midfight usually.

If we want to split support/tank roles from boon supports i can get behind that, might be a good change as it might not be, honestly i don't see how to pull that off though, especially with the current balance effort. If we decide to do it though, let us please tweak profession skills and NOT stat combinations please.

Edited by Kanto.2485

On 3/26/2022 at 2:10 PM, Kozumi.5816 said:

Healers shouldn't also be tanks. They make everyone else unkillable and thus should be an easy target to focus down.

Have you played many MMOs? Healers are usually pretty hard to kill they just don’t do any damage. While I don’t think every game needs to copy the same format most devs probably land on this for a reason.

If they would just address some of the boons/boon uptime..

1 minute ago, Dralor.3701 said:

Have you played many MMOs? Healers are usually pretty hard to kill they just don’t do any damage. While I don’t think every game needs to copy the same format most devs probably land on this for a reason.

If they would just address some of the boons/boon uptime..

Yes, healers are tanky by the virtue of self healing  in other games which is perfectly ok.  They are not in full vit/parry/block/damage reduction(Whatever system the game uses) gear.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

Yes, healers are tanky by the virtue of self healing  in other games which is perfectly ok.  They are not in full vit/parry/block/damage reduction(Whatever system the game uses) gear.

What games are you talking about? Every healer in DAOC, WAR (list could go on but those most relevant to WvW) stack defense stats unless they were on a leech/healing based off damage dealt type of deal.