Is GW2 P2W?

Splat.7981

On 10/18/2021 at 2:04 PM, Vayne.8563 said:

I saw three phone booths sitting in a row and the middle one said out of order and I was wondering if it belonged before the first one or after the third one. And if you moved it there would it start to work.   Taking terms literally is not how language works.

Wait...

...a...

... second.

I'm pretty sure there aren't that many phone booths left in the entire world, and you saw three sitting in a row!?!

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, frareanselm.1925 said:

If your definition is pay cash to get power it is also the case.

Because expansions give access to meta stats like viper, trailblazer, marauder... meanwhile core players have no way to get them.

Pay to access more powerful stats is pay to win or still not?

Read what I said again. It's buying power in the cash shop and expansions NEVER counted. Not for any game.

Do you think WoW is pay to win? In WoW, every expansion raises the level cap. WoW actually has open world PvP.  A guy that's 10 levels above you is always going to beat you in open world PvP. Therefore, if you buy an expansion in WoW, you always end up more powerful. When have you ever heard WoW called pay to win. No one calls it that, even though expansions objectively make you more powerful. They give you new options. You will win in PvP contests in WoW if you buy the expansion against someone who doesn't.

Expansions NEVER counted for this, because they expand the game. People are simply expected to buy expansions. By the same token, there are games where power is sold in the cash shop and they keep introducing power in the cash shop.

I'd argue that Guild Wars 2 is one of the least pay to win games there is because it doesn't raise the level cap. There are people who use core builds in PvP now and still get to high tiers.  There are probably fewer of them, but there are very very few MMOs you can do this in.

If you ever played a truly play to win game (Runes of Magic, Maplestory), you would understand what pay to win is. But the playing field has to be level. Expansions never counted for any game and if they did, every game would be pay to win.

• Like 3