Troll Item: Platter of Delectable Birthday Cakes

It overwrites more expensive, better food since the last patch - be it in WvW (when placed o top of synthesizers) or PvE (when placed on top of loot caches or other meta objects, like the nodules in Nuhoch Lane)! 😬

Please reverse this change ASAP, as people are using it to troll others, and it isn't fun. :classic_angry:

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
57 minutes ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Hm, don't press  F on it if you want to keep your different food?

Funny. I named examples: Tangled Depths, Chak Gerent meta, Nuhoch lane - you are supposed to stomp the nodules, and when someone suddenly places said food there, you grab it involuntarily.

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Is it not supposed to?

Platter of Delectable Birthday Cakes: The Nourishment effect from this feast now has the correct icon. It can now replace other Nourishment effects, and it can refresh its own duration.

From October 5 Patch Notes in forum. 

Oh dang... let me rephrase it then: Reverse this awful change! 🥺

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Ashantara.8731 changed the title to [Reverse, please!] Platter of Delectable Birthday Cakes
21 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

After it was changed due to player requests?  Unlikely. 

Oh well... more food (<--literally) for trolls. :classic_rolleyes:

Other food isn't really used for trolling purposes, but since this "wonderful" birthday item has unlimited uses, it can be spammed by players. Great idea for a birthday gift! :classic_unsure:

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Ashantara.8731 changed the title to Troll Item: Platter of Delectable Birthday Cakes
On 10/18/2021 at 7:26 PM, Friday.7864 said:

They have a ton of issues when it comes to object interaction priority tbh. 
It's like they don't pay attention to that at all

Yes, agreed.

That Platter of Delectable Birthday Cakes is a true troll item, though - worse than most other troll items, which don't affect your buffs. :classic_angry:

People in my WvW squad were just farming the synthesized material nodes in one of the keeps when a troll placed said platter on top of one. Everyone's expensive food got overwritten. GG.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah I don't particularly like having to decide between getting my rewards from the gerent meta chest or keeping my ascended food going for fractals when I still have more duration on said ascended food than I would get off of the cake platter (not to mention way better stats!). Dancing around the chest to try to find a spot where I can get my rewards and keep my food is tedious and annoying. Multiple cakes? I'll be lucky to get my loot at all. This garbage item should be able to overwrite malnourished, but nothing should overwrite ascended food except other ascended food 😕

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 10/16/2021 at 8:40 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

Funny. I named examples: Tangled Depths, Chak Gerent meta, Nuhoch lane - you are supposed to stomp the nodules, and when someone suddenly places said food there, you grab it involuntarily.

Oh dang... let me rephrase it then: Reverse this awful change! 🥺

Had to search wiki as I thought this where a consumable which players had to buy everytime they wanted to use this. It turns out player with a character that are 9 years old get this a gift. At least Sherlock now can trace down this to be player might have been too long in this game and start to honourable thing like placing these plates everywhere.... 😞

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Feast_of_Delectable_Birthday_Cake

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437
On 10/17/2021 at 6:58 AM, Solvar.7953 said:

This has been a long problem within the game - usually just not food, but things like novelties, portals, etc, would take precedent over other objects.

Arguably, player places objects should always be lower precedent than map objects.

I suppose most player that don't have problems are those that aren't useing Action Camera mode. For us that play with Action Camera mode enabled it would be useful that we get better control which interaction that will pop up when we are close to an object that we can interact with. A keybind which let us pick betwen option #1 and #2 could maybe solve much this issue.

1 hour ago, MikeG.6389 said:

Such placeable items should come with a ground targeted special skill to place them, with a lot of restrictions where you can put them down. No overlapping with other objects would be no.1. 

In ESO when you try to place two siege weapon too close each other it wouldn't let you place the second siege until you get far enough from the first siege weapon. I don't know if it would be technically possible in this game, but it would prevent a lot these issues to happen.

6 hours ago, Seremela the Elf Mage.1748 said:

Yeah I don't particularly like having to decide between getting my rewards from the gerent meta chest or keeping my ascended food going for fractals when I still have more duration on said ascended food than I would get off of the cake platter (not to mention way better stats!). Dancing around the chest to try to find a spot where I can get my rewards and keep my food is tedious and annoying. Multiple cakes? I'll be lucky to get my loot at all. This garbage item should be able to overwrite malnourished, but nothing should overwrite ascended food except other ascended food 😕

Honestly even Ascended food should have some forced space between them as some people place them too close and every feast including Ascended food have 5 min uptime before they will be gone which make it easy pick the wrong food and not have enough time to pick the right one.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, firedragon.8953 said:

I wish there was an option that I could toggle with a hotkey that says "Disable interaction with player placed items." Would be such a QoL thing and prevent stuff like destroying buffs, etc.

Uhm, wouldn't that also make it impossible to interact with the food that you actually do want your character to consume? :classic_huh:

2 hours ago, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

About the catches. Just start double clicking them with your mouse. 
It worked on portals, traders and aviator boxes. It would work on this as well. 

Also, does any1 need food during meta events aside from the extra magic find?

1. Edit: Sorry - I got it wrong. Of course a direct targetting would help. My bad!

2. You don't need food for meta events, but you might be a player who does a lot of end game content (raids, WvW) and have a 12-hour Primer active, which cannot be temporarily disabled for meta events or any content for that matter.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 3