Upgrading Editions and Story

Splat.7981

Hello everyone. 

So i got the game with all expansions when i bought the Collection Standard edition, is it possible if i want to to upgrade for Ultimate edition? I was trying on the website after the purchased of Standard and when i went to Ultimate it asks me to pay the full price of 99.99.

About the living story, so we got these chapters that can be unlocked with gems, my question is you really have to buy them or they automatically unlock at level 80?

18 minutes ago, Splat.7981 said:

About the living story, so we got these chapters that can be unlocked with gems, my question is you really have to buy them or they automatically unlock at level 80?

You asked the same question twice in your other thread.

They have all been given away for free twice, but currently you have to pay gems to unlock them.

• Like 1

You can not upgrade the Standard or Deluxe Edition of any expansion to Ultimate.  You can, however, ask for a refund and then purchase the Ultimate Edition. 

As answered previously, you must acquire Living World Seasons (sans The Icebrood Saga, currently) with Gems.  You can acquire Gems with either cash or in-game Gold. 

• Thanks 1

As for Living World seasons, they're relatively easy to acquire using in-game gold.

The hardest to acquire is probably LWS2 as you're a fresh lv80 at that point and farming doesn't come easily, especially without spoilers. But after that they get exponentially easier as each season offers up new farming events and locations and ways to acquire gold in general.

But the summary for newbies is:

Salvage everything, and sell the resulting materials at lowest listing on the Trading Post. Don't instantly sell anything, especially not to NPCs. Daily logins, daily achviements, daily Ley Line Anomaly also produce gold that can greatly accelerate this process. For a fresh lv80, Fractals provide a significant amount of gold per day even at just T1 with no Ascended gear, if you get the masteries and open as many Fractal Encryptions as you can every day.

Currently, you can also obtain up to 100g/day by farming Labyrinth as part of the Halloween Event and selling Trick-or-Treat bags on the TP, and you can do this on a character of any level.

See also: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers

All of IceBrood Saga will be free just for logging in for the next few months.

All future Living World seasons will be free for logging in as well. You only have to pay gems or gold for past content that you missed, but you get an extreme discount on expansions compared to players who paid for them when they came out, so you're not actually paying more for anything even if you use real money for it.

Edited by Hannelore.8153